Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Sandy-55

Well I decided to get myself some digital scales. ( in a big denial about how much I weighed)
My scales for some reason will give me different reading I normally go for the 2nd reading which is lower …I do double check and it’s normally the lower figure. I don’t know why my scales would do that

9/7/2021 weighed in 80kg
17/7/2021 weighed in78.6kg
22/7/2021 weighed in 78.1kg
28/7/2021 weighed in 77.3kg
3/8/2021 weighed in 76.9kg

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Well I decided to get myself some digital scales. ( in a big denial about how much I weighed)
My scales for some reason will give me different reading I normally go for the 2nd reading which is lower …I do double check and it’s normally the lower figure. I don’t know why my scales would do that

9/7/2021 weighed in 80kg
17/7/2021 weighed in78.6kg
22/7/2021 weighed in 78.1kg
28/7/2021 weighed in 77.3kg
3/8/2021 weighed in 76.9kg
That’s awesome progress!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening fellow scale crushers

A no nonsense 14st 4lb today.
Let the day begin, now for koffy.

Reactions: SlimLizzy

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am speaking to my weighing machine again it has given me 4 more bits of a kilo:) up to 43.7 I may not go down the shower drain after all
Carol

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Weight 50.3kg back down to normal for me, now I have reduced the carb gobbling. Mostly by having eaten all that are available! Carefully didn't buy icecream when shopping today.
Errant 4.2kg this week. He did go up somehow last week to 4.3kg. Am hoping the downward trend will continue, I really don't want to cut his food down any more.
His confidence is high though, having fought off and chased out two dogs and a cat with only minimal damage to himself last week.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Forgot to weigh myself until this morning. Now 17 st 21/2 lb. That's about 2 lb less than the last time - about 10 days ago. Not sure how permanent that is - my weight tends to go up and down day to day. But it's hopeful. Long way to go to get to my desired weight, of course - around 10 stone.
Good progress in a short time

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I am speaking to my weighing machine again it has given me 4 more bits of a kilo:) up to 43.7 I may not go down the shower drain after all
Carol
Are you consistently undereating? Have you tried keeping a count of calories as well as carbs?

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you consistently undereating? Have you tried keeping a count of calories as well as carbs?
No I should be as fat as a little piglet I have a high metabolic rate The GP is not worried as long as I feel well ,I may have a little less energy but I am 78 ! Thanks for your concern but I am an enigma in other words I am an awkward old woman ;)
Carol

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
14 stone 10 so lost another pound. Its going so slow but thats a good thing i suppose. I am not hungry and still losing weight. Going to be a while before i creep into the top end of 13 stone :)
Your beating me now. At one time we were the same weight. We'll done. Is it by low carb eating?

Reactions: SlimLizzy

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm the same weight 94.50kgs. Sometimes it fluctuates due to swollen tummy and upset tummy but I'm reassured by my GP it's OK. Sent off a water infection test and the past red and weeping stitch test from a wound (from one of the 5 gallbladder removal wounds). The wound looks good now (sealed) just red all along the stitch line inside it. I missed out on their results today as I wasn't available the 2hrs allowed to get results via GP. So I'll call Monday. I haven't heard from surgery so it sounds good. I had very high protein in my urine test and a little infection. Noted from dip test.
I'm stocking up on high protein groceries slowly it seems. No one supermarket can supply my whole needs regardless of their price. Mind u there are 4 of us. :)

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Chipped another one off
B7493ABB-F9EC-48C6-9921-9D85939DB986.jpeg

LindaManville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Jogging
Down another pound. Slowly but surely

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Down to 22 stone 10lb, a drop of 2.25lb from last week. Next week might not be so good having been on holiday until yesterday but I was pretty well behaved so fingers crossed

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
81.2kg (.3kg up from last week) not too concerned as there was no real loss of control of diet just daily variations that on this occasion seem to fall on official weigh in day (varied by ,8kg range over the week)

Reactions: Annb and alf_Josiah

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have been away, aka more relaxed,so wasn't surprised to put back on the 2 lb I celebrated couple of weeks ago.

It's really difficult to estimate weight just by food and clothes isn't it? I thought I had put on a lot more based on belt buckle