What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, summer schummer. :sour: Flat 5 on Swipey:meh: @Estragon :woot::woot: for fbg and immense salad. Hug for people not being near a Waitrose. Bit of a pain driving the Range Rover 10 miles but hopefully that is what levelling up means:angelic:Some very small people in Newmarket, wonder if the water is orf?:)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh I’ll have a look thank you!
Another alternative widely available is
Just had bacon, egg, baked beans and 1 slice of burgen; Was 8.2 2 hrs after. Do you think the bread or the beans? X.
Likely the beans I miss them! There are some good sausages Waitrose 1 and I think Sainsburys Taste the Difference pack of 12 are same recipe they are 1.1g carbs per sausage and very nice. Do you like fried mushrooms they are nice addition. When on hols I have s rambled egg, fried mushrooms and 1 tomato as a treat brekkie.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.6 this morning. Had my pneumoccoccol vaccine yesterday, on top of feeling a bit under the weather. It has absolutely knocked me for six so not surprised.

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
Hi. I’m sooo happy. 5.7. Have been normally high end of 6 - 2 metformin tabs a day from yesterday. Plus I’m now 12 5 (2lb dropped off). Yay!!!!! X.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
wow so impressed, wish I could run…wouldn’t make to the top of the road. Do you find your glucose levels drop after a run?

No they don’t, I thought they would when I first started , but they always seem to rise by about 1.2-1.3 after running.

I always run having fasted overnight ,

I was 6.4 at 0300 , 6.9 at 0800 and 8.2 after 3.6k this morning as an example.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
No they don’t, I thought they would when I first started , but they always seem to rise by about 1.2-1.3 after running.

6.2 at bedtime and 5.4 first thing today! :)

Reactions: karen8967

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Ahhh interesting. Mine seems to shoot up after intense exercise too like HIIT. 45 minute moderate effort exercise on the bike brings it down

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really bad nights sleep awake from 1 am till 6 am ..really hungry 3am tested my bg out of curiosity and it was 5.8 had cheese on toast jam and crackers ( I know ) then fully expecting a reading around 8 this morning I tested and it was 4.7 !!!! re tested and yep 4.7 !.Maybe I just need food in the early hours who knows .