What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.3 at 0900.

Went for a run, did 6k new PB for 5k 27:47, so happy boy.

Further tested BG whilst still fasting immediately after run ,9.4 tested twice just in case.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Thank you for that E. took me a while to find this reply (no glasses and I’m thick lol). I may buy that. Would b great to have numbers sent to my iPhone. Are the strips expensive? X.
Looking on Amazon the strips are about £15.00.

I sometimes use Tee2+ also has Bluetooth and SmartLog App the strips for the Tee2+ are somewhat cheaper.

The CareSens Dual also works with smartlog app but also can use Ketone strips the glucose test strips for this meter are about £15.00 also.

Both are from the same company Spirit Health

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
Looking on Amazon the strips are about £15.00.

I sometimes use Tee2+ also has Bluetooth and SmartLog App the strips for the Tee2+ are somewhat cheaper.

The CareSens Dual also works with smartlog app but also can use Ketone strips the glucose test strips for this meter are about £15.00 also.

Both are from the same company Spirit Health
Thank you. X

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Even 2 hours after eating, he's not gone above 11.1.
Hi, so he registers 11.1? Is he on any medication?
this morning his bg was 6.1. I'm assuming that's good?
Is that immediately on waking? And yes that’s good, but out of context with no info on Meds and history I find it tough to say. Need a bit more info if possible.

Reactions: RosB

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.9, same as yesterday. However, went to bed on a 5.7. It would appear I’m back in the “Land o’ The Sticky-Sixes”.

Reactions: ianpspurs

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hubby is new to all this (and a luddite lol). He's trying to control it via diet (mostly keto) and this morning his bg was 6.1. I'm assuming that's good? Even 2 hours after eating, he's not gone above 11.1.
FBG is the most difficult one to control hence the camaraderie and support of this thread . I wouldn’t be happy at 11 after two hours eating, I try to be sub 8.5 at that point. But you are learning and prob need to tweak what you eat. You could start a new thread asking for help as we are not allowed to deviate from “some chat” here. And welcome!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back home with a 5.6 which is a nice surprise as I’ve found low carb eating out very difficult this last week. Everything seemed to be carbified in some way.
@Ryhia We weren’t as far up as you - Pooley Bridge looks lovely, we stayed near Hawkshead. Next time we’ll stay for longer to make the long trip more worthwhile.
2 granddaughters and Dennis in the back of the car amused themselves the whole 10hr journey, I couldn’t believe how good they were.

Reactions: karen8967

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.9 this morning at 0820, and that is after Fish and Chips from the local chip shop yesterday evening.

First time under 6 since 21 July, but we did have the wedding and then two weeks away in Tenerife in amongst all of that.

Perhaps it’s luck, perhaps it’s because I am running more now the knee is less of an issue.

Reactions: Ryhia and karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 5.3 on Swipey - the best a (this) man can get, it seems.:meh: Great news on fbg and knee @HeliGary . :woot::woot: @PenguinMum and glad you arrived home drecly @DJC3. 3 week old grandson coming for lunch:woot::woot: Brisket's last chance - decade long search, literally.
Edited for Kernowish

Attachments

• 20210819_143140.jpg
    20210819_143140.jpg
    704.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 5.3 on Swipey - the best a (this) man can get, it seems.:meh: Great news on fbg and knee @HeliGary . :woot::woot: @PenguinMum and glad you arrived home drectly @DJC3. 3 week old grandson coming for lunch:woot::woot: Brisket's last chance - decade long search, literally.

I missed the announcement of your grandson’s arrival, many congratulations to all the Ps - I hope you all had a wonderful day today.
I still struggle with brisket, please PM or post your method on one of the foodie threads if you manage to make it edible. I’ve been disappointed so often.
( ps it’s Dreckly )