What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2, fine but just can’t understand why my kidney results aren’t great. 35 years old and diabetes for less than 4 years. Wahhhhh

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 4.9 this morning. On a reasonable run at present if it continues I may just invest in one of these
th

but then it will probably be like my cholesterol tester - measures lower than what the hospital results indicate plus I would probably find it difficult to stop myself testing every week.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
FBG 4.9 this morning. On a reasonable run at present if it continues I may just invest in one of these
th

but then it will probably be like my cholesterol tester - measures lower than what the hospital results indicate plus I would probably find it difficult to stop myself testing every week.

I use these things , they come up slightly lower than the GP tests if done almost at same time.

I found some on Amazon a while ago that worked out at about £10 a test. I put link on this site somewhere, I’ll see if I can find it later.

Reactions: HurricaneHippo

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.2 this morning, its almost like running later gives me a lower FBG.

Early days yet but I feel some experimentation coming on.

Reactions: karen8967

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
So a good ol' 5.3 this morning.

In fact I've been finding my numbers running slowly lower over the last 3 weeks or so, To the point where I've had a couple of times of being high 4s\low 5s at bed time so ended up eating a granola bar to make sure they didn't go too low overnight. I assume due to more lost weight. Not quite at the point where I can drop the Lantus anymore though. Maybe next month. :)

Annoying thing tis morning though, my lancet machine broke" the pull snapped right off! Ordered a generic Glucology one that looks like it will take me existing lancets from Amazon same day but I had to take the lancet this morning and just jab my finger with it! Urgh!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.7 today now back to finger pricking till new sensor arrives..

Have just taken last dose of antibiotics seems to have worked this time.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 today now back to finger pricking till new sensor arrives..

Have just taken last dose of antibiotics seems to have worked this time.
Yay for the antibiotics working. Signs and wonders are all about if y'all have eyes to see them and ears to hear them:) Peace be with you.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. It is like summer only different here. Swipey coughed up a 5.2 today. I can't be bothered to work out the whys and wherefores I just know somethings orf. Stunning run of fbgs @Ryhia.
Doing nothing different except bitty eating. No doubt I will have another set back soon and bloods will be back to usual levels but who cares just enjoying the moment.

Reactions: DJC3

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Oh, my Eye! Needing to report a 4.6 this afternoon, after that 6.5 this morning. Gonna see how that translates into morning numbers tomorrow . .