What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 5.3 on Swipey - the best a (this) man can get, it seems.:meh: Great news on fbg and knee @HeliGary . :woot::woot: @PenguinMum and glad you arrived home drectly @DJC3. 3 week old grandson coming for lunch:woot::woot: Brisket's last chance - decade long search, literally.
Winner for the bloods and for your new grandson coming for lunch. Hope the brisket tasted as good as it looked.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.8 at 0550.

I tried the BG checks before and after a non fasted run yesterday (first time ever)

9.4 before 4.8 after, retested after just to be sure and within 0.1. Odd that it goes up when fasted and seemingly down a lot when not. More reading to do.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 hurrah!
@HeliGary how soon before your run did you eat? I’ve found the same thing and was also really surprised.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Real cognitive dissonance here. Truly awful 5.7 on Swipey - 16 hrs fasted, 20 gms carb. Brisket was a triumph but I had never seen a piece like that in 66 years. Ingredients are the key. Wonderful 4 generation family meal - 91 yo to <3 weeks. Me trying to integrate LC into family life - fbg says not possible. I'm too quick to blame LC for all the world's ills so think time. @DJC3, @Estragon and @Ryhia fabbo fbg. @PenguinMum fbg doesn't = A1c, relax. @HeliGary from memory, long slow/gentle cardio has that effect - HIIT wacks it up initially.