What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
6.0 this morning. Maybe because I ate dinner very late, around 10, but I’ve a feeling I’m heading for a spell in the 6s. It seems to roll around every few weeks.
So if we eat late that is not good? What is the latest you all eat by? X

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Virus induced 5.9 on Swipey today. I've seen 7s and 8s for the first time in 6 years for about a week. LC has no impact on bg control and is devoid of foody comfort but this is the first time in all those years I've had more than 2 days of it. Far too long to fast so smile and wave boys, smile and wave. Several Lat flows = negative. Grandchildren and families from Suffolk to Southampton have had it, so did Julie.
Hope you feel better soon .

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 for no apparent reason. Libre fell off in the sea yesterday evening which is annoying as it still had 4 days to run.
@ianpspurs have you ordered a PCR test? Hope you feel better soon.
@SuNuman I don’t think there’s a ‘good’ or ‘bad’ time to eat but I usually find that if I eat earlier (5 or 6pm) FBG is better than if I eat late. It means there’s a longer fasting time which is supposed to be good for tackling insulin resistance.

Reactions: Ryhia and karen8967

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
6.1 for no apparent reason. Libre fell off in the sea yesterday evening which is annoying as it still had 4 days to run.
@ianpspurs have you ordered a PCR test? Hope you feel better soon.
@SuNuman I don’t think there’s a ‘good’ or ‘bad’ time to eat but I usually find that if I eat earlier (5 or 6pm) FBG is better than if I eat late. It means there’s a longer fasting time which is supposed to be good for tackling insulin resistance.
Cheers. X

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all - what season is it where you are if UK based? 5.8 on Swipey- control by Moussa Sissoko - first touch goes further than I could ever shoot. @mojo37 thanks. @DJC3 no PCR test. Julie and several grandchildren had same bug and did one- all down to LC eating in my mind.:angelic: Hug for the untimely demise of Swipey but if you will go in the sea ......;)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 could do better day today, maybe a result of yesterday's stressy long journey home from Staffs - it may of course just be the way the trend goes we shall soon see.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good aft have arrived in the Wye Valley for the weekend and it is very uplifting. A measly 6.7 this morning but I am not going to let it ruin my mood.
@ianpspurs that is so unlike your usual numbers but if it is a virus you will get back, get back as Jagger said.
Thank you and enjoy the Wye Valley. Bugs are inevitable so I need to become more adept at optimising my LC to deal with them - this is completely unacceptable. Salad apart, LC and me are a marriage made in hell. I'm not interested in sweet stuff though - what are cake and dessert all about anyhow?? Each to their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 but had no sleep overnight and quite low for me really. Not sure what was about but if I had to guess, I think it was a peloton session in the evening. Won’t be doing that again if it means no sleep