What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
5.4!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):) X.
just had bacon one tiny slice of nimble (gave me 7 last night) and small dollop of ketchup. I will let you all kno. X
Didn’t think I would see fives!!!!! Xxxx.

Reactions: ert

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@ianpspurs I know your not to keen on hugs and things but thought I'd chance it hope things improve for you soon and the virus gets hit on the head if they have such a thing but you know what I mean . God bless my friend.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
I've not tested my fasting for two days. Yesterday I was stressed due to going for early eye appointment, and today I've woken with a headache following all the poking and prodding they did, so seemed best to leave testing.
Tomorrow though hopefully? xx

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
I've not tested my fasting for two days. Yesterday I was stressed due to going for early eye appointment, and today I've woken with a headache following all the poking and prodding they did, so seemed best to leave testing.
Tomorrow though hopefully? xx
Bless you. I agree don’t beat yourself up by testing if you know it’s gonna not b what you want to see. X

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bless you. I agree don’t beat yourself up by testing if you know it’s gonna not b what you want to see. X
Exactly SuNuman. I may test before I eat today though, if headache has gone. I like to test before and after my first meal whenever that happens to be each day :) x

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.9 and pleased anything in the 5's will do :)
It's very difficult not to have these binges, isn't it.
My own was caused by terrible tragedies in my family and my not caring about myself afterwards, but (touch wood) I am overcoming the reluctance to take care of my health and seven weeks in this weekend. We are all human and affected by emotions and issues in our lives. I wish you all the best from now onward though mojo37 xx

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
SuNuman, I broke my fast at 11am with some late breakfast. My beforehand figure was 5.2 and I've just noted my two hour one, which is 5.5 so I'm really happy with that :) I try not to get complacent though as anything can change x

Reactions: ert

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's very difficult not to have these binges, isn't it.
My own was caused by terrible tragedies in my family and my not caring about myself afterwards, but (touch wood) I am overcoming the reluctance to take care of my health and seven weeks in this weekend. We are all human and affected by emotions and issues in our lives. I wish you all the best from now onward though mojo37 xx
Thank you Coby .

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
SuNuman, I broke my fast at 11am with some late breakfast. My beforehand figure was 5.2 and I've just noted my two hour one, which is 5.5 so I'm really happy with that :) I try not to get complacent though as anything can change x

amazing Coby

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
4.3 this morning. Hope everyone had a great day.

Reactions: karen8967

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
OK, Diabetes Chums, what’s going on?

After a great Roast Chicken lunch. Wine, Sainsburys’s Lentil+Chilli Peppers Soup, Baguette, 3 Roasties and Mrs E’s Lemon drizzle cake 3 Slices and now, after five hours, I thought I’d do a Stabbie…. Think of a number! go on, think of one? How about ….3! Checked against my other meter, 3.1 and now, 10 mins later, 3.9….. Whats going on? I’ve never, ever had a sub 4, let alone a set of 3s? Should I worry? I don’t feel “weird”, I don’t feel anything like a Hypo?

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, Diabetes Chums, what’s going on?

After a great Roast Chicken lunch. Wine, Sainsburys’s Lentil+Chilli Peppers Soup, Baguette, 3 Roasties and Mrs E’s Lemon drizzle cake 3 Slices and now, after five hours, I thought I’d do a Stabbie…. Think of a number! go on, think of one? How about ….3! Checked against my other meter, 3.1 and now, 10 mins later, 3.9….. Whats going on? I’ve never, ever had a sub 4, let alone a set of 3s? Should I worry? I don’t feel “weird”, I don’t feel anything like a Hypo?

How does cake lower your sugars?! Life’s not fair! Boooo

In all seriousness hope you’re okay!