What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Say it as it is, Ian…. Say it as it is.
We don't normally call it excrement in The Fens. Nor mendacious.:angelic: On topic point is T2 management isn't wholly and solely carbs and weight and fbg is just a snapshot of a complex movie.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnEGreen

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
5.2 first thing, then 5.5 before breakfast and 5.8 two hrs after! Still amazed by these incredulous numbers since I've never hit 5's before these past two months. Got into a pair of size 12 skin tight jeggings this morning (easily) so another big surprise! Bought them two years ago and they wouldn't go past halfway up my legs! Just too much to take in!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 first thing, then 5.5 before breakfast and 5.8 two hrs after! Still amazed by these incredulous numbers since I've never hit 5's before these past two months. Got into a pair of size 12 skin tight jeggings this morning (easily) so another big surprise! Bought them two years ago and they wouldn't go past halfway up my legs! Just too much to take in!
:woot::woot: May one assume jeggings are desirable vestments for the modern gal? Fbg is all very peng.

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Pipp great to see you again. Hissy fit is completely understandable. I think we’ve all done that, but well done for getting back on the horse!
@SuNuman and @1970clea hugs for the higher numbers, yeah it sucks sometimes, completely agree with that.
Thank you. The only horse I got off was the testing horse. Have carried on with eating as usual. Just couldn’t see the point of all the testing when I had 2 very huge variations on HbA1c from blood drawn within 5 minutes of each draw. Also another vastly different predicted HbA1c from the Mysugr app. It did seem futile. With hindsight, not testing can lead to slippery slope of being casual about food. So here I am.
Oh and today started with a liein and a 7.7, which fell to 5.5 after fasting on just coffee, and a walk in the park.

Last edited:
Reactions: HurricaneHippo

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I gave you a ‘winner’ rating because there is no ‘jealous’ rating. ;)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good to see you back, I was wondering if you were ok as I had not seen you posting anywhere. Nothing wrong with a hissy fit if there is a good reason.
Ooh, yes. Hissy fits, I could get to like throwing them.
Thanks for the support and encouragement.
I mean that for everyone.:)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear, no posts from Pipp for weeks, then just like buses 5 at once.
Will behave now, so as not to derail.
Soz, mods.:angelic:

Reactions: DJC3 and ianpspurs

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.1 today, my now normal. Have a good day everyone.
@coby great news about the jeggings!! @Pipp welcome back. I had a first break from my meter (and my social media) the last weekend and just tried to be sensible in food choices and it was very liberating.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning (even following some crispy duck and beef with vegetables from the Chinese takeaway last night). Absolutely stoked with that.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Sombre skies here and sombre mood in this family. 5.8 on Swipey - Elsie no worky on this bug nor the bigger picture. I could kick over the traces, stop testing or do the right thing. Kick over the traces and T2 and other issues are still there. Swipe, mackerel salad and on we go. Smile and wave boys, smile and wave.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Sombre skies here and sombre mood in this family. 5.8 on Swipey - Elsie no worky on this bug nor the bigger picture. I could kick over the traces, stop testing or do the right thing. Kick over the traces and T2 and other issues are still there. Swipe, mackerel salad and on we go. Smile and wave boys, smile and wave.
Winner for keeping on despite the sombre mood. Hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: DJC3