What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I fasted for the first time from dinner last night for 18 hours. I was aiming for 36 but I couldn’t do it :shrug: desperate to bring my levels down. Still hovering around the 10-15 mark no matter what I do. I think I may need to eat in the morning to bring my levels down, oddly. Will try tomorrow.

So lunch was tuna and egg Mayo with lettuce, a handful of cashews and the final slice of carrot cake. Tried bovril—not for me—and had coffee and double cream. Chicken salad for tea.

lcarter, Bovril is not on my favourites list either, but it is quite different with a dash or a slug, of chilli sauce in it. I like spicy foods, so I can be quite heavy handed with it, but trust me, that's different. It also works to change up chicken stocks too.

You're doing well.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox dont know if you are a gin drinker but I have just discovered there is a Jaffa Cake gin that has good reviews and has may turn up on my Christmas list.

I don’t drink alcohol but thanks for the thought x

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
B:
coffee and cream
Handful of walnuts

L: Philadelphia garlic soft cheese wrapped in ham, peperami stick, smoked cheese and hard boiled egg.

Coffee and cream with 2 squares of 70% Lindt chocolate

Snack: 40g cashew nuts.

D: Chilli con carne with cauliflower rice with two small glasses of red wine.

Levels still at 12 but have been at 15 all day. My c peptide test showed I’m still producing my own insulin but personally I think it’s useless insulin lol

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: bacon and egg - around 9 am.

Was intending to have 2nd meal of pork chop with carrot, squash and swede mash. But it's not going to happen. For no apparent reason, started vomiting about 4.30 and then went to bed to try to settle things down a bit. Just up (6.55 pm) and still feeling nauseous, so nothing more to annoy my stomach until tomorrow's bacon and egg maybe.

Reactions: DJC3

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
I'm going to post every day for a while as this is my yearly check on my eating habits!
Black tea, 2 black coffees
12 pm. B. 1 slice of HiLo toast topped with trout pate and cucumber.
3 pm. L. 3 Higgedy cheese and spinach muffins, salad of avocado, tomato, pepper, cucumber, grapes. Mixed nuts.
Snack. Peanuts and cashews
D. Tomato and roast sweet potato salad with Mexican spiced halloumi.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely sunny day here and managed to get out in the sunshine for a bit -did me a lot of good and hopefully topped me up for a difficult day ahead tomorrow!
Breakfast a couple of eggs scrambled in butter with slice of hm lc toast
Lunch two cooked chicken thighs
Dinner pork shoulder served with salads and lc tortilla with glass of dry white wine with soda water followed by DGF brownie and yoghurt plus just had some 90% choc with decaff coffee.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast had to be quick today as early hosp appt: Greek yoghurt with strawberries and nutty granola with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: Spanish chicken with broccoli, cauliflower and carrots followed by SF cherry jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Couple of slices of low carb cheese on toast, chobani 15% protein greek yoghurt.
Had a cup of black coffee and a mystery meat and salad wrap at the bistro at the private hospital where SN Pathology is, for smoko.
Grilled Nile Perch fillets, salad stuff for lunch.
Toasted low carb cheese and tomato sandwiches forsupper at six.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@lcarter you’re doing well, stick with it. Change doesn’t happen overnight but your next HbA1c should be much better.
@Dr Snoddy glad you will be a regular again.
Today I had cheese on toast for breakfast with a splash of Lea &Perrins. Bread was from the Keto fitness club, it’s very low carb (1.4g/100g) and pretty good toasted.
Lunch was smoked mackerel & salad sprinkled with pumpkin seeds.
Dinner h/m beef burger on grilled portobello mushroom with a slice of cheese on top and a spoonful of Nando’s perinaise.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Came home yesterday after a few days away to find a house devoid of eggs, cream and butter! No time for supermarket run today, OK, I can do this I thought but then proceeded to have one of those days where I was hungry most of the day.
Usually would have an egg breakfast before dance class .
Easy I'll just extend my fast I thought but was so hungry by the time I got there that I had a nut bar found lurking at the bottom of my handbag.
Came home and demolished a whole mozzarella ball at 11. That will take me to dinner I thought
But no, couple of hours gardening and hungry again so yoghurt and raspberries and seeds at 1.
More gardening
Handful of nuts at 4
Dinner at 6, small pork chop with extra cold meat, green beans and broccoli and carrots.
Finally satiated
All day all I had wanted was something made of eggs... the one thing I didn't have. Why is my mind so contrary?

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
I get quite panicky if some foods run low. Sometimes only a cheese omelette will do. I feel your pain Mrs A2!

Reactions: MrsA2

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Just had my usual Brekkie of slice HiLo toast and on second mug of tea. Have three friends coming for lunch in the garden today so am giving them my version of cauli rice paella followed by half keto lemon muffin with spoon of Blackberry & apple compote sweetened with Xylitol made yesterday and topped with either Greek yogurt or Oppo ice cream. Dont plan to eat much this evening maybe scrambled eggs if I am peckish
@DJC3 I dont know who makes the Jaffa Cake gin, not a well known name, but is available by mail order so might be on Amazon.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had my bacon and eggs. I was up early but feeling really bad so had to take Co-codamol and go back to bed for an hour before it kicked in.

Today I will have to use up the pork chop and veg mash, or throw it out!

DIL popped in yesterday and told me that her hens didn't lay any eggs yesterday and she had almost run out so went to the supermarket to get some more. No eggs in the supermarkets! I hope that is a temporary situation because I'll need some when Neil goes shopping tomorrow. Eggs are an absolute necessity.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
B. Black tea, black coffee, 1slice lc toast with trout pate and cucumber.
hobbled through 7000 steps then had black coffee in cafe.
L. Prawns, avocado, tomato, cucumber. Three Ryvita crispbreads with butter and cheese.
Snack. Peanuts and cashews
D. Third of a large tortilla and stir-fried green vege. A meringue with Greek yoghurt and strawberries.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B- Ham cheese and mushroom omelette
Lovely refreshing dip in the sea then black coffee from my flask to warm us up while we watched dogs play on the beach.
L- Tin of mackerel and salad of spinach, courgette, cherry tom, ginger&tumeric sauerkraut and walnuts
D- Air fried buttermilk brined chicken thighs with slices of aubergine baked underneath in the drippings.
Now having a pot of peppermint tea to try and distract me from the desire for a pudding.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: a pear, which produced instant guilt, so swallowed far too much ff greek to try to level out the carb effect
Then while running errands in town the devil behind my left shoulder kept tempting me to buy all sorts of bad stuff. In the end I bought soem KIND nut bars on special, about 9g per bar but quite good ingredients (no artifical rubbish) but even so I ate 2 on the way home.
Hours walk
D: salmon, green beans and courgette with a tsatiki type sauce made of ff greek with cucumber, chives and garlic

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@MrsA2 I’m with you on the eggs I always stock up as would hate to be without them. Despite buying lots I’ve always managed to use them -even my hm lc loaf needs three eggs, never wasted any eggs!
Hectic caring day today - relieved it’s over and needed my dry white wine this evening! But on the plus side I achieved what set out to do - it was just a long tiringto do list! @DJC3 envy you swimming today it was lovely weather resented being indoors I must book another outdoor swim soon!
Breakfast one slice of bacon and egg with slice of hm lc toast
Lunch on the go two chicken thighs
Dinner chicken marinated in Chinese spices and olive oil served with salad and two glasses dry white wine followed by DGF brownie then treat of three squares of lindt 90% choc with decaff coffee,
Hoping for quieter more pottering day tomorrow and hope to have time to make another low carb loaf.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Atkins barSkipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: gammon steak, cauliflower, Brussels and carrots followed by SF raspberry jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.
I guess this is my last decent LC meal for 24hours. NMB food wise, from midnight for surgery tomorrow, can have a black coffee when I get up though.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3