What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Atkins barSkipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: gammon steak, cauliflower, Brussels and carrots followed by SF raspberry jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.
I guess this is my last decent LC meal for 24hours. NMB food wise, from midnight for surgery tomorrow, can have a black coffee when I get up though.
Good luck tomorrow will be thinking of you

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eggs are an absolute necessity.
They sure are, they play a big part in producing the fluvax each year.

And if it's the first time you have had the flu shot, you might be left wondering why you were asked about an egg allergy.

Hen's eggs play a central role in the manufacturing of flu vaccines.
"When the flu vaccines are made, the virus is grown in the yolk of fertilised hens eggs," University of Sydney pharmacologist Professor Peter Carroll said. Three things you might not know about the flu shot:

1.There is no live virus in the flu shot, so you cannot get the flu from the vaccine.
2.The composition of the vaccine changes every year.
3.The flu shot is safe for pregnant women at all stages of their pregnancy.

Egg-based manufacturing of influenza vaccination is the most common method and has been used for more than 70 years.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-21/influenza-vaccine-made-inside-chook-eggs/8461002

I can't find the link to the story that a extra one million eggs were used in 2019 / 20 fluvax season here in Australia.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One slice of middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, button mushrooms for breakfast.
Pork chops and green veggies, gravy, chobani 15% protein greek yoghurt, half a mandarin for lunch.
Sardines in tomato sauce on low carb toast, couple of spoonfuls of two fruits with spoonful of lemon lime sorbet with it for supper at six.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
They sure are, they play a big part in producing the fluvax each year.

I can't find the link to the story that a extra one million eggs were used in 2019 / 20 fluvax season here in Australia.

Also essential for avoiding carbs. Actually, Neil managed to get some eggs this morning, so we're OK meantime.

Yesterday evening I did have the pork chop with some onion gravy and some more of the orange veg mash doctored with some more lemon.

In a while I will have my usual bacon and egg breakfast - waiting for my correction dose to bring my BG down to a reasonable level (it was 16.9 and currently down to 15.0).

2nd meal will be liver and onions - I asked Neil to see if he could get some liver and he came back with some pig's liver which has a use-by date of today! So, I will have to use at least some of it - there's a bit much there to have it all. Could see if I can make a liver sausage with the rest. Or maybe just pate. Pig's liver is a bit bitter though, so I'm not sure.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox hope today went well - thinking of you
Breakfast scrambled eggs with half a slice of hm lc toast
Lunch some chicken left over from yesterday with small salad then three strawberries with 0% yoghurt fage
Mid pm three squares of 90%lindt choc - still eating through my impulse bargain purchases! Prob good when none left!
Dinner venison wrapped in Parma ham served with green beans and mushrooms and glass of red wine. DGF choc brownie with yoghurt.

Last edited:

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
One of those days that goes sort of wrong food-wise.
B. Black tea, 2 black coffees, lc toast with trout pate and cucumber.
Went to exhibition at gallery to find that the cafe had changed hands. Instead of remarkably cheap range of salads there are now expensive, brunch type foods. I ended up having a bowl of carrot soup with a small piece of goat's cheese and a slice of sourdough toast.
Underfed so had a small apple, some nuts and a chocolate ginger biscuit when I got home!
D. Half a crustless quiche, a new variety, cheese, broccoli and tomato. It wasn't terribly nice. Also broccoli and carrots.
Two apricots stewed with artificial sweetener, Greek yoghurt.
There is a pattern here and it is not a good one!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried a new yoga class first thing. Was good plus meant I wasn't tempted to have an early breakfast
11am. Made a 90 second bread roll, filled with ham, cheese and 1 scrambled egg. As hubby said "just like mcdonalds" but without sauce and carbs. Very tasty and filling
6pm meatballs, green beans and a sprinkle of mozzarella. A serving of proper icecream (because it was new flavour to try). Will make sure boys eat the rest.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Had my liver and onions and added in half a dozen frozen chips, to help mop up the gravy. Really good. Also had 2 squares of Lindt 90% with sea salt. Not sure it was a good idea - didn't really enjoy it.

Cut up the remainder of the liver and figured it would be OK to freeze it. Also checked the chicken breasts and legs that Neil bought on Monday - the legs were past their sell by date yesterday and the breasts tomorrow. The legs seemed OK so I cut them into tiny pieces and stir fried them. Will batch it and put into the freezer to make Asian chicken and chicken stew in a day or so. The breasts are marinating in yoghurt and lemon juice in the fridge and I'll cook them tomorrow.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three hard boiled eggs, two slices low carb toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Shredded cheese and bacon wraps, glass of lemon / lime cordial with a scoop of Osmolax mixed in for smoko.
Rib fillet steak, veggies, butter mushroom gravy, tub of chobani 15% protein greek yoghurt for lunch.
Toasted cheese and onion low carb sandwiches, tub of sugar free lime jelly with a spoonful of mango sorbet with it for supper at six.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In Plymouth today for daughters graduation ceremony tomorrow.
B- at home, Ham and eggs
L- Nando’s butterflied chicken breast, broccoli, Halloumi and a huge dish of coleslaw. Didn’t check nutrition for this before ordering 12g carbs so sadly gave most of it away.
Wasn’t hungry by tea time so had a gin and soda in a bar we stopped at.
Have just discovered I accidentally packed some Montezuma’s 100% cocoa buttons so I’ve eaten a few with a cup of tea in the hotel room.

Looking forward to a slap up hotel breakfast tomorrow.

Reactions: maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In Plymouth today for daughters graduation ceremony tomorrow.
B- at home, Ham and eggs
L- Nando’s butterflied chicken breast, broccoli, Halloumi and a huge dish of coleslaw. Didn’t check nutrition for this before ordering 12g carbs so sadly gave most of it away.
Wasn’t hungry by tea time so had a gin and soda in a bar we stopped at.
Have just discovered I accidentally packed some Montezuma’s 100% cocoa buttons so I’ve eaten a few with a cup of tea in the hotel room.

Looking forward to a slap up hotel breakfast tomorrow.
Loving your accidental packing of chocolate hope graduation goes really well enjoy you must be so so proud of her pass on our congratulations

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: 2 thin slices of belly pork with 2 fried eggs.

All the chicken and the liver are now in the freezer, ready to use when I want them. Found a recipe for liver patties (burgers) but I need some minced beef to go into the mixture. I'll ask Neil to get me some next shopping day.

2nd meal will be roasted vegetables - quite a lot to choose from in the fridge, so I should be able to make something worthwhile.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So back to yesterday. As always brekkie then and today was slice HiLo toast and lots of tea. Lunch yesterday was a couple slices of ham, spoon of coleslaw and a few Haywards mixed pickles. Supper was my usual Fish Finger Firsday with a spoon of roasted Med veg. Lunch today was some mortadella, spoon coleslaw and few mixed pickles. Had an eye injection this morning so not firing on all cylinders all day, just annoying sore eye thats only comfy with eyes shut. Starting to improve but unusually for us we have Waitrose microwave curry for supper tonight. Chicken Shaslik for me with cauli rice.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Took an 86 year old family friend out for his birthday lunch. He is also T2 but pays no attention to it, not even the standard "cut down sugar, wholegrain nonsense". He also has legs that are turning black and can only walk a few yards
So it was very difficult to watch him eat freely, heavily and carbily 4 courses and alcohol while I stuck to mint tea, seafood salad and creamy spinach.
It was the 5th such meal he had had in 10 days.
Very tasty is all was but difficult emotionally. Hard not to be a party pooper.
I had skipped breakfast
Did have cheese and lc hot choc when I got home.
Won't have anything else today.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
B. Black tea, black coffee. 2 lc toast with crunchy peanut butter.
Train out to Kentish countryside in glorious weather. Did about an hour of walking along a river - lots of fish, grey wagtail and a woodpecker - without tendon injury flaring too much.
L. In pub garden. Ploughmans with two lots of cheese. Gave in and had half a warm roll with butter. Soda water and a half of indifferent bitter.
Did another half hour of walking.
Snack. Lots of tea, small fig, oat biscuit.
D. Tray bake of salmon, aubergine, peppers, courgette, sweet potato with garlic and harissa. A stewed apricot and Greek yoghurt.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast two boiled eggs with one slice of hm lc bread
Lunch smoked salmon followed by three strawberries with 0% yoghurt
Mid pm three squares of 90% lindt - one more bar left in cupboard!
Dinner lamb loin with cauliflower mash and glass of dry red wine followed by DGF raspberry and almond brownie
Just been tempted to make a DGF order as they have launched a pumpkin spiced brownie I’m keen to try.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for all your thoughts and best wishes everyone.
Got home from hospital this afternoon. Spent most of yesterday nil by mouth, surgery was late in the afternoon, so just had a few low carb snacks which I took with me, in the evening.
Today breakfast in the hospital, nothing suitable of course for low carbers so I had a SF jelly and a packet of coconut bites with a black coffee.
Lunch: cheese salad with coleslaw followed by another SF jelly.
Mid afternoon: home for a decent black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Dinner: 2 x slices of LC toast with Marmite and scrambled eggs and yet another jelly, this one with cream and LC nutty granola.