What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
3.7 today.

Also one of my fingers has turned black and is swollen not the lurgy managed to hit it with a meat mallet yesterday now that does hurt think I may lose the nail.
Awww poor you. Be extra kind to yourself today :) x

Reactions: JohnEGreen

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Well I've not posted fasting level for a few days as I had a sore throat and felt unwell, and it would have perhaps messed my numbers about?
Anyway, I have today, and pleased to see a 5.2 this morning :)

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm afraid my PCR is positive. Was hoping to avoid Covid, but with the vaccine, let's hope it's just like a cold.

The advice posted by others is all good. I caught Covid in January (pre-T2 diagnosis). It wasn't pleasant, but the best advice I would give is to take things at your own pace. If you need to sleep, sleep, if you need to do nothing, do nothing. I was no more than a "medium" sufferer of it (no hospitalisation, just some steroids for my chest due to asthma) but it took me upwards of seven weeks after isolation finished to feel human - I tried rushing back to doing things. Basically, if you can afford to, do what you need to at whatever pace you want.

Reactions: DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i am 4 months into my journey so i have not had my first HbA1c since being diagnosed in may. Hoping for a improvement at end of year :). Changed signature so not so confusing
If your FBGs are a reflection of your overall control, then no doubt about it there should be a great improvement in your next HbA1c. Doing fantastic with the weight loss as well. Good on you.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wet, cold, dark but I'm still here and 'tis SSSF mayhap even halloumi chips aussi - God is good. Not so good is that my fbg was 5.6 on Swipey. Disaster darlings, disaster for <14 gms carb?? (The bottom line from my reading is 5.5/100 is the upper limit of managing.) This fashionable taking back control doesn't seem to cope too well in real life.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Bit of an uncomfortable night then at 5:30 a 3.3 then at 6:30 a 3.0 7:42 3.8 thought good on the way up then at 7.58 2.9 after a coffee and breakfast back up to 4.9 now 6.0 I thought it was compression lows but finger prick test says otherwise. Any way headache gone and hands have stopped shaking back to normal.