Are you going to get vaccinated?

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I got doubled vaxxed, Pfizer/Bio n Tech. I wasn't keen initially because I have heart trouble, but I had no side-effects and I do feel better equipped to deal with the future now. In my case, it was worthwhile. My parents (Mid seventies- one diabetic, one not) both got (I believe) the AstraZeneca. Also no problem for them.

Reactions: ert

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
As a 79 year old retired GP I had no doubts at all about being vaccinated and was looking forward to having my annual flu vaccine and Covid booster yesterday. At the weekend I carried out a lateral flow test prior to visiting my wife in her care home and a follow-up PCR test confirmed infection.
I have head typical head cold symptoms for 4 or 5 days before testing and these persist. I have no other symptoms and feel well. I suspect that if I had follwed Jim Lahey'advice I would now be feeling very ill.
I hope you are well enough to visit your wife soon. Best wishes for a full recovery x

Reactions: Dr Snoddy

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't wait for my booster vax on Saturday this week. My first 2 were the astra zeneca ones. This will be a Pfizer. I was absolutely fine after my first 2.

Reactions: ert

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I was on the Novavax trial and received the vaccine. It's almost a year ago now. I had my first dose of the Pfizer on Monday. I will get the second dose in two months time. I'm on a new vaccine trial to see the effect of mixing Novavax with Pfizer.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can't wait for my booster vax on Saturday this week. My first 2 were the astra zeneca ones. This will be a Pfizer. I was absolutely fine after my first 2.
@Bluetit 1802 My situation was identical to yours, but I have already had my booster, and very pleased about it. A very slight soreness at the injection site for about 3 days. Any time they want me to have a 4th shot, I'll be delighted to comply. However I am still being VERY careful, as I'm not convinced my immune system is capable of taking full advantage of the vaccines.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Got boosted a couple days ago, felt a bit off, but better now. I’ll get my flu vaccine next week

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everybody. this is the gavel being brought down on the block..

Regarding the topic. yer either up for the jab, or yer not..

Thanx in advance.. :)
May I remind everyone that this message still stands.
Discussions will have to be taken to PM.

Reactions: lucylocket61

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was on the Novavax trial and received the vaccine. It's almost a year ago now. I had my first dose of the Pfizer on Monday. I will get the second dose in two months time. I'm on a new vaccine trial to see the effect of mixing Novavax with Pfizer.
@ert, I really appreciate your public-spiritedness. Cheers me up! I hope your latest results will be ace. I believe topping up Astra Zenica with Pfizer is beneficial, so chances are Novovax plus Pfizer will also be stellar. You deserve that!

Reactions: Dr Snoddy

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Had my third jab a couple of days ago please note if you are clinicly vunerable or have supressed imune system the third jab is not a booster but is now counted as the third dose of your primary vacination a booster jab will be offered six months after the third dose.

That's official.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my third jab a couple of days ago please note if you are clinicly vunerable or have supressed imune system the third jab is not a booster but is now counted as the third dose of your primary vacination a booster jab will be offered six months after the third dose.

That's official.
I think that is just a CDC recommendation at the moment.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep, I will be getting my next one (booster) as soon as I am invited to. I got my flu vaccine and paid privately for it last week as I didn't want the 2 at the same time which is happening in my area

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The TGA in Australia are calling it a booster shot, which should be available in November.

I will be getting it as it's available.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I think that is just a CDC recommendation at the moment.
No it's official it was detailed in the letter I recieved a few days ago inviting me for my 3rd dose and it's been promulgated in the NHS staff online updates at the local hospital which is the vaccination centre where I got the 3rd jab the booster will be offered in six months.

Edit to add I got the letter in the morning post and had the jab the afternoon of the same day.

Last edited:

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No it's official it was detailed in the letter I recieved a few days ago inviting me for my 3rd dose and it's been promulgated in the NHS staff online updates at the local hospital which is the vaccination centre where I got the 3rd jab the booster will be offered in six months.

Edit to add I got the letter in the morning post and had the jab the afternoon of the same day.
Yes I had my third jab two weeks ago and the docter said see you for another in six months but I do live in France

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I am surprised I haven't seen anything on the news and a Google search only mentioned the CDC. Did you letter give any information about which groups would be eligible?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
At the bottom of the letter it said in bold type please note that for the clinicaly vunerable and those with supressed imune systems this third dose forms part of your primary vaccination and is not a booster as that will be offered six months after this third dose.

And it's no suprise to me that you nor I have been unable to find refernce to this in any public forum.

But NHS staff were made aware of it intrnally within the organisation.some days ago.

Unfortunately when at the vaccination centre my daughter asked me if I wanted to keep the letter I foolishly said no so she tore it up and put it in the trash can at the hospital.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I'm afraid I have to amend my last post reviewing the NHS update it says for those who are immuno suppressed the third dose is part of their primary vaccination with a booster after six months but for all others this will be termed as a booster shot, On the letter I recieved it talked about the clinicaly vunerable and those that are immuno supressed. It is all a bit confusing.

It makes me wonder if we may all be looking at a fourth jab but for some it will be their first booster and others it will be a second booster this howerver is just speculation on my part.