What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Here in North America, we refer to rocket as arugula. No idea what lamb's lettuce would be???? What are those two leafy salads in Dutch?

Lamb's lettuce is also called corn salad, nut lettuce and field salad in English. No idea what it is called in non-English speaking countries.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late on parade tonight!
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding and LC nutty granola.
Dinner: pepper and chilli ribs with Brussels, broccoli and a couple of baby carrots followed by SF strawberry jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Here in North America, we refer to rocket as arugula. No idea what lamb's lettuce would be???? What are those two leafy salads in Dutch?
Rucola and veldsla. Which is interesting, considering Annb's response, 'veldsla' literally translates to field salad!
It's also called 'ezelsoren' in Dutch, meaning donkeys ears. Think the lambs and the donkeys have something to do with the shape of the leaves?
Lamb's lettuce is also called corn salad, nut lettuce and field salad in English.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yoga
11.00 smoked mackerel mixed with ff greek spread on m&s seedy crackers. Think I had something else but can't remember what. An lc hot chocolate
2.00 piece of h/m lc blueberry cake with cream.
3.30 6 brazils and 1sq 85%
Dancing
7pm fish from the chip shop. Took all the batter off mine and only had 6 chips

I seem to have got into a snacking/picking habit. Think it's necuase I'm at home more. I need to get out more, and for longer

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Three meals today as doubt will be eating much tomorrow after dentists so thought should eat well today
Breakfast two boiled eggs with hm lc roll
Lunch peppers, celery, tomatoes, a few nuts some vintage cheddar with three m and s seeded crackers followed by Greek yoghurt
Mid pm three squares of 90% choc
Dinner salmon in lemon butter with cauliflower cheese and asparagus and glass of dry white wine followed by DGF crumble and spoon of kefir with protein. (It’s a mix of kefir and quark to boost the protein)
I hope all goes well at the dentist and not too painful for you - take care x

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - I had a right notion for so had scrambled cheese & eggs with 1 slice slc bread toasted and buttered. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner (out) - surf n turf steak with large salad which included cheese & coleslaw

Frosty start here this morning - chilly, chilly ...

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Not frosty here, but temperature around 2 degrees so breath steams outside.

Breakfast: a cheese toastie. I seem to be able to cope with some wholemeal bread at present.

2nd meal will be sausage and cabbage casserole, using yesterday's chicken/pork/cabbage broth.

Legs have been very bad these last few days - might be the cold or just them getting steadily worse the older I get. Might be, as well, that because I've had to go out several days in a row, the fact that I can't take diuretic tablets on such days mean my legs are more full of fluid. Or perhaps I've been on my feet more than usual. Couldn't stand up at all this morning but I sat on my rollator and worked my way through to the kitchen to take some Co-codamol.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn’t eat until 2 as had dental operation first thing - pleased done but a bit sore and a couple of stitches so soft, no chewing, food needed! On the plus side not as bad as my first operation two months ago, no antibiotics needed this time so my gut bacteria should be relieved and my next appointment in two weeks should be easier - says she madly crossing fingers.
Late lunch eggs scrambled in butter followed by a spoon of Greek yoghurt
Dinner h/m tomato sauce (passata) with mushrooms and a slice of soft buttered h/m low carb bread.
Hoping to be able to get back to more normal food over next few days.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still having to be careful chewing as my jaw and mouth remain quite painful from Tuesdays dentist visit. Also keeping up the iron rich foods, dark chocolate is good for iron content, so a couple of squares are often consumed in the evening after posting here!
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding and LC nutty granola.
Dinner: salmon and cream cheese sandwich on LC bread with beetroot leaf salad and coleslaw followed by DGF lemon and blueberry cake, cream and LC nutty granola.
92E0E22C-3548-4BC5-B7D5-5BE402C3BE83.jpeg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ff greek with 6 raspberries and seeds
Skipped lunch as spent a day shopping - well trying on things really. Was very pleased with my new size. Tried various styles to see what suited best. Came away happy but empty handed. The ones I liked were just too expensive to justify.
4pm a chunk of cheese
6:30 pm slow cooked paprika beef stew cooked by hubby, with cabbage.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausages, two egg and cheese omelette, tomatoes for breakfast.
Tub of chobani greek yoghurt, lemon cordial with a scoop of Osmolax mixed in for smoko.
Pork shoulder chop, green veggies and gravy for lunch.
Chopped up hard boiled eggs and some salad in low carb wraps for supper at six.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quiet on here today.
Just coffee for breakfast
Lunch scrambled eggs and h/m LC bread followed by Greek yoghurt
Dinner chicken curry followed by low carb crumble with more yoghurt

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and a Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Dinner Chinese take away: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by DGF peanut chocolate brownie, cream and LC nutty granola.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheese on low carb toast, two hard boiled eggs for breakfast.
Tub of yoghurt, lemon cordial with Osmolax for smoko.
Grilled fish fillets, mixed salad, for lunch.
Minty choc protein bar, half a mandarin for supper at six.

Quite here in this thread to day.

Put my new Fentanyl 25 patch on early on this morning, I will catch the day up by Wednesday.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 scrambled eggs
Yoga
Food shopping
L: a bit of cheese and some cucumber
An afternoon in the kitchen trying to adapt a recipe to low carb and doing dessert for 14 for a neighbours get together tonight
So far too many tastes of things
Eventually dinner was
A glass of red
Coronation chicken and prawns Marie's rose (Everyone else's was in jacket potatoes)
Blackberry and apple crumble (again everyone else was on full sugar version, mine was low carb)
One more glass of red, earned after a very busy day

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cup of tea
3.5 mile walk
B: black coffee, 3 Lincolnshire sausages (from butchers) 3 eggs scrambled in butter, whole small avocado, tsp brown sauce
L: camomile tea, 3 sticks of celery, crunchy peanut butter, d/g cheese & handful Brazil nuts
D: steak, garlic butter, onions & homegrown tomatoes, broccoli & cauliflower
Few blueberries with sunflower seeds & elmlea
3 bottles of water throughout the day

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B- Scrambled eggs, avocado and turmeric&ginger sauerkraut.
L-H/m scotch egg and salad with a few seeds sprinkled. Shame about the dark ring round the yolk. DGF cake to follow.
D-Soup and sandwich. The soup was made from yesterday’s chicken carcass and leftover meat with a few veg. Sandwich was SLC cheese roll. Some Montezuma’s Absolute black buttons and a small handful mixed nuts afterwards.
@Annb and @shelley262 hugs for the dental work and gappy teeth. I find a mask really useful in the cold weather for keeping my face warm when I’m out shopping. View attachment 51889
That looks like a nice little face.

Reactions: DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Slowly getting back to more normal eating after fridays dental operation and feeling more myself - also treated myself to a late morning in bed with cups of black tea and a book.
Lunch scrambled eggs with slice of h/m lc bread followed by Greek yoghurt
Mid pm two squares of 90% chocolate
Dinner roast chicken with celeriac mash, a couple of baby carrots and one small roast potato ( they seem to work ok for my blood sugars if small and pre parboiled and open frozen before roasting - doing it this way too means I can do bag of potatoes and keep a bag of them ready in freezer for a few months, as don’t have them that often. I also use this method with new potatoes which I parboil and then cut into chip shapes and open freeze so I can just have a few chips if fancy some) also had glass of dry white wine followed by low carb blondie with spoon of yoghurt.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Way behind again. Sunday 31 October. Bed 5.2 FBG 5.9. I have not had a good week. My hideous cold morphed into norovirus. I managed to drag myself upwards to get the bag ready for swimming and a wave of nausea swept over me. Decided to be sensible and stay home. Just as well I did as I couldn't stray from the loo for the next few hours.

B. Just water
L. Lots more Water
D. Had a bit roast chicken, more water and a skyr yoghurt.

Monday. Bed 1 November 6.7 FBG 6.9. I was absolutely drained. Despite me disinfecting the bathrooms constantly yesterday, Hubby succumbed to the dreaded norovirus today. I got the boys to school then got back to rest again.

B & L - both of us on lots of water.
D. A SLC sandwich with a bit more of yesterday's chicken and avocado. Yet more Water.

Tuesday 2 November bed 6.9 FBG 6.6. I was finally feeling a bit better.

B. TAG, water and a slice of SLC toast with egg mayo.
L. Still lots of water.
D. Yet another SLC sandwich with coronation chicken. A DGF cookie.

I was recovering, Hubby still not great but at least he'd started eating again.