What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I wish you hadn’t told me that! I still haven’t tried the cookies, now I’m thinking I’d better not.
I do still have loads of cakes in the freezer so I still have supplies, but I only allow myself one a day and I’d already eaten it by GBBO sadly.
I haven't tried the lemon ones yet - they are always sold out when I remember to try and order them - I think they are bringing out the christmas ones soon so I might just wait until then and order a few and save on postage and I still have some supplies in the freezer ...

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
We have got a jar opener we bought from one of those shonky inserts that get put in magazines for $10.00, it fits several standard jars.

It make it a breeze to get the child proof lid of these tablets although you still need to put some effort in to get it of. Because I do it with bottle upside down to get the lid off, I have to be careful that I do spill 100 little blue tablets everywhere.

t905QQj.jpg

I have one of these as well, but I've never been able to make it work. Not sure where it came from and I should just dump it, but I keep thinking that maybe it will work if I can strengthen my grip. I've had various tools to try to open jars and none have been very successful for me. Just got limp wrists, I guess.

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had various tools to try to open jars and none have been very successful for me. Just got limp wrists,
My partner has the same problem with large jars, she cant grip both handles with one hand.

I thought about installing a wood working vice in the kitchen, stick the jar in the vice jaws tighten up and twist the jar around using both hands.

Similar to using the cupboard door to loosen a jar...

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have to get Neil to try - he usually manages it but isn't always available when I want a jar opened.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: Bacon and eggs.

2nd meal: I have a choice, either: kale soup or spicy lamb's liver.

Rather than leave the liver that Neil bought for me this morning until it's on its sell by date and then not feel up to cooking, I just cut it in very thin strips and boxed it up for the freezer but kept one portion back and fried it off with onions, beef stock and some north African kind of spices. I had asked for chicken liver, but he couldn't see any and thought the lamb's liver would do as well.

Now, which to have? Probably the liver - the soup will keep for tomorrow.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Both? I think the liver will go well with the soup!

Sadly, my appetite isn't up to that! I decided on the liver and onion. Very tasty, but not a very large meal. Plenty for me though and I'm now feeling very full and slightly nauseous (that's nothing new but it might have been a bit on the rich side).

Currently have "restless legs" which has spread to my arms and shoulders. Bed time, I think. Not that I'll be able to stay there long. It's going to be one of those nights.

Reactions: maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
As usual for past week or so not particularly hungry until lunchtime so just black tea and coffee until 1ish
Lunch two egg omelette with some ham, cheese and tomatoes with one lc hm roll followed by yoghurt, a few walnuts and two squares of 90% chocolate
Mid pm treated myself - after a freezer clearout and rejig - to a square of my remaining DGF lc birthday cake still yummy despite several months freezing! Lovely with cup of tea and helped me through a difficult social services caring related phone call. I’m sorting freezer to make some space after seeing what Christmas goodies are going to be on offer from DGF in this Fridays Christmas low carb goodies launch. I’m particularly excited by the look of their new lc mincemeat crumble .
Dinner two lamb loin chops with cauliflower cheese and small glass of red wine followed by DGF crumble and spoon of kefir with protein.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Today was supposed to be the third day of my kale soup, but two days of soup really is enough, even if it's a tasty soup.
So I have two very satisfied cats and two very satisfied dogs now, as they didn't seem to mind a third day of soup at all! :)

I made do with a LC cheese, tomato and mayonnaise sandwich, and something else will follow later, perhaps some cheese or so, or another sandwich.
Tomorrow I'll cook a proper meal again, already did the shopping for it today. :happy:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
DGF mincemeat crumble @shelley262 wow! I hadn’t seen the new lines so I’m going to have to head on over and look.
Today just black coffee until lunchtime then a sort of deconstructed bacon cheeseburger in lettuce wraps ( ie I didn’t squish the mince into a burger shape, just fried it with bacon and topped with cheese) 1 DGF blondie.
Dinner - chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms, leek, thyme and cream cheese. Served with kale. I’m trying to avoid any sort of pudding now.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
DGF mincemeat crumble @shelley262 wow! I hadn’t seen the new lines so I’m going to have to head on over and look.
Today just black coffee until lunchtime then a sort of deconstructed bacon cheeseburger in lettuce wraps ( ie I didn’t squish the mince into a burger shape, just fried it with bacon and topped with cheese) 1 DGF blondie.
Dinner - chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms, leek, thyme and cream cheese. Served with kale. I’m trying to avoid any sort of pudding now.
It’s not on website until 7pm on Friday but Dan put a video on Facebook DGF chatgroup that went into his kitchen to show the new range including his new low carb milk chocolate may not help you watching it though if you are trying to avoid LC sweet things for now! I also fancy the new shortbread and mini Christmas puddings.......

Reactions: DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Early ish yoga meant a mid morning munch of 3 scrambled eggs with cheese and a coffee.
Mid afternoon was some reduced price prawns and marinated artichokes from the delivery, followed by a chocolate biscuit!
For some unknown reason, and watching myself do it, I then ate the rest of the packet.
Ashamed, mortified and spiking :bag:
Haven't binged like that in over a year, and knew as I was doing it, that I wasn't actually enjoying the biscuits. Think that was part of the trouble, has been looking forward to one but it didn't taste as I remembered and I then kept shoving more in expecting the taste to get better.
Any way, onwards and upwards, went dancing and have only eaten prawns since.

Reactions: maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a Carb Killa bar.
Dinner: cheeseburger using 100% burger and a low carb roll followed by SF jelly and cream.
Took delivery of DGF goodies this afternoon, I just had one of the lemon and white chocolate cookie with a cup of coffee, and I might just be tempted to try a chocolate chip one too!

Edit to add: of course I couldn’t resist temptation and had a second cookie. I recommend both :hungry:

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three slices of middle bacon, three egg and cheese omelette, small portion of baked beans for breakfast.
No smoko today as it was document signing day in town.
Savoury liver and bacon and onions, tub of sugar free orange jelly, lemon cordial mix for lunch.
Lamb kebabs :yuck: for supper at six, I think @Antjee77 's menagerie of animals would not these either.

Got all my paperwork signed sealed and delivered yesterday, my name is officially off the name of my old business. Also signed my new will after getting rid of the dead wood off of the 20 year old one. :D

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s not on website until 7pm on Friday but Dan put a video on Facebook DGF chatgroup that went into his kitchen to show the new range including his new low carb milk chocolate may not help you watching it though if you are trying to avoid LC sweet things for now! I also fancy the new shortbread and mini Christmas puddings.......

Couldn’t resist going to have a look! Mince pies!! I will order some tomorrow ( if there are any left - I’m often too late) but I’ll have to be very strict with myself and put them in the freezer immediately.

Mezza n

Hi what is the DGF Website do you have a link please @DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi what is the DGF Website do you have a link please @DJC3
Spotted that @DJC3 has given you link they do new products and restocks every Friday at 7pm but often go out of stock quickly. They do have lots of regular stuff on the site though and some things are made regularly in larger quantities think the Christmas box they are launching tomorrow may be on offer until Christmas. I do know though that they’ve only made a small amount of their new keto milk chocs as advent chocs so they may not be on for long.

Reactions: DJC3 and Mezza n