What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a very noisy start here in the dark and very dangerous north
The wonder wheel of egg banjos using my own FibreFlour bread sneaked in at 5.1 this am

Snow - a flurry of snow blanketing the darkness last night. A prelude. It didn’t last as the fall turned to rain and then the wind turned up - and a lot of it. Big bang at 4am and the security light above the garage surged into action. Quick check - nothing seen - back to bed. The wind is dying down a little but still very blustery. Dark Sky app indicates that it will be around here for some time. How is it up with you @lindisfel ? A kitchen/bathroom bloke is due at 9am - I wonder if that will happen. We are scheduled to have the girl in the bubble tonight - poor little mite - having to have a schedule at such a tender age. Training has to begin early for apprentice chimney sweeps. Anyhow, she sleeps over on a Saturday evening - alternating between the grandparents like a little 2 stroke engine.
Art bit - a tree - we need more trees - especially after this storm has passed. Hope everyone is OK, have a splendid day. Time for some koffy.

upload_2021-11-27_7-52-2.jpeg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
5.1…..thought me and me’s will get that bit out of the way.

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen here in Tilehurst Towers things are quiet, yep Mrs J is still slumbering in her pit / lair. Outside it is windy, wet and cold, must be dreadful norf of Watford in the dark and dangerous norf.
Today is another day confined to barracks and under full supervision, when Mrs J surfaces, not sure what to get up to, but something will.
Be safe, bee well and bea apart, oh and the media will probably be full of doom gloom and despondency.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My fbg is a known unknown but my menus are always fully analysed (Cronometer, see attached) and the best my red lines and likes allow. @gennepher glad the meds arrived, hug for the impact of Arwen. Your creative says so much without words. @dunelm I like that tree a great deal, my comfort zone I guess. Winner for the fbg - egg banjo?? @Krystyna23040 thanks for the encouragement and glad it is all calm weather wise there as well. The puzzle is how to eat to my meter, find any joy but still hit a decent percentage of the attached. Worse, what numbers should my meter show at any point in time for ME and are these nutes + vits levels all essential every day ? Elsie has 0 chance of delivering those, IMHO - I supplement. Trying this today which I know I will really enjoy but I'm sure the meter will object. Meter, pleasure and nutrition simply incompatible. Pleasure is the non essential one - it is what it is.

Attachments

• Cronmins.png
    Cronmins.png
    24 KB · Views: 59
  • Cronvits.png
    Cronvits.png
    33 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning everyone from a very noisy start here in the dark and very dangerous north
The wonder wheel of egg banjos using my own FibreFlour bread sneaked in at 5.1 this am

Snow - a flurry of snow blanketing the darkness last night. A prelude. It didn’t last as the fall turned to rain and then the wind turned up - and a lot of it. Big bang at 4am and the security light above the garage surged into action. Quick check - nothing seen - back to bed. The wind is dying down a little but still very blustery. Dark Sky app indicates that it will be around here for some time. How is it up with you @lindisfel ? A kitchen/bathroom bloke is due at 9am - I wonder if that will happen. We are scheduled to have the girl in the bubble tonight - poor little mite - having to have a schedule at such a tender age. Training has to begin early for apprentice chimney sweeps. Anyhow, she sleeps over on a Saturday evening - alternating between the grandparents like a little 2 stroke engine.
Art bit - a tree - we need more trees - especially after this storm has passed. Hope everyone is OK, have a splendid day. Time for some koffy.

View attachment 52227
Snap@dunelm. I was woken at 4am by a loud bang too followed by several more. Had to get up to explore. Wind was howling, trees bending, garden covered with a thin layer of snow and sleet blowing sideways. No damage seen so decided it must be the loft door being lifted by the wind and dropped reverberating through the roof. Not used to the new house yet. A day for staying indoors if you can. Stay safe and warm everyone. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 52227
Love this tree @dunelm
We do need a few replacement trees...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My fbg is a known unknown but my menus are always fully analysed (Cronometer, see attached) and the best my red lines and likes allow. @gennepher glad the meds arrived, hug for the impact of Arwen. Your creative says so much without words. @dunelm I like that tree a great deal, my comfort zone I guess. Winner for the fbg - egg banjo?? @Krystyna23040 thanks for the encouragement and glad it is all calm weather wise there as well. The puzzle is how to eat to my meter, find any joy but still hit a decent percentage of the attached. Worse, what numbers should my meter show at any point in time for ME and are these nutes + vits levels all essential every day ? Elsie has 0 chance of delivering those, IMHO - I supplement. Trying this today which I know I will really enjoy but I'm sure the meter will object. Meter, pleasure and nutrition simply incompatible. Pleasure is the non essential one - it is what it is.
@ianpspurs Egg banjo: https://www.forces.net/military-life/fun/ever-wondered-why-its-called-egg-banjo
Enjoy the stew

lindisfel

Expert

View attachment 52227
Hi Dunelm, A very windy night. All four dustbins have had a roving commission in the night, banging and bumping their way around. A garden old small tree that housed the bird feeders once, was blown over but it was no big deal.
D.

Attachments

• IMG-20210108-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20210108-WA0001.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 55

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Dunelm, A very windy night. All four dustbins have had a roving commission in the night, banging and bumping their way around. A garden old small tree that housed the bird feeders once, was blown over but it was no big deal.
D.
Brrrh!

Reactions: lindisfel

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you and thank you. Our beef of choice in these dishes is Ox cheek - Cronometer doesn't recognise such a cut.:bigtears: How is Arwen treating you in the D and D North? @lindisfel your photo looks so serene but cold and implies some difficult roads. Good job the engineer sorted your boiler. Stay warm and safe.
Our lighthouse is taking a bit of a pounding
upload_2021-11-27_17-1-20.jpeg

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Yesterday when I went out in the back garden, the sparrows were waiting for me.
Their feeders had been wrecked by Storm Arwen, the wind had blown them off, stolen the feeders etc...

Miss Blackbird was mithering me as well.

Fortunately I had some spare feeders and got them up. The sparrows were delighted.

But Miss Blackbird was still mithering me. She was hopping by my feet. She wanted the cat biscuits, so I went and got some. And she is eating them as I am trying to pour them in the cat bowls. She got first dibs before the stray cats. Ginger was waiting hidden in the bushes. He knows my birds are off limits to him (they all do, but I am still training Calico who hates the dog bark/screech/and other noise I play the moment she even looks at a bird). Miss Blackbird had her fill and flew off. So Ginger comes up and rubs his body all over the concrete all over my shoes and all round the bowl of cat biscuits. He had his fill. Then along came Mr Robin and Mrs Wren. So, Ginger's plan to scare off the birds didn't work. I don't think birds have scent glands in the way cats and humans do.

I have no idea why Miss Blackbird is so friendly and has no fear of me. She also appears to act as 'mother' to the sparrows, and keeps a look out when the sparrows are on the ground. She also feeds alongside the sparrows, and is friendly with them.

Not so with Mr Blackbird. This will never be a match made in heaven with Miss Blackbird. Mr Blackbird hates those sparrows with an absolute passion. He caws like a rook, and shouts 'Mine, mine, mine', at every sparrow that approaches the feeders. He looks so vicious. Do the sparrows take any notice of him? Absolutely not! The sparrows fly all around him so he is unable to get a bite off those fatballs. These sparrows are very good at hovering mid-air right in front of Mr Blackbird within centimetres of his yellow beak shouting obscenities at those sparrows. Mr Blackbird cannot move or lunge or he will lose the perch on the bird feeder to dozens of sparrows who have a ringside view on the next branch...

I think I need to have a mother-daughter conversation with Miss Blackbird on the suitability of her suitor....

Creative for today...
Candle wax to create the moon first.
A disposable scratchy old fountain pen scribbling a tree.
Sprayed with a little water in a fine mister.

Time for coffee...
And a nap...

2CE843E1-591E-4525-9F3D-E0C470E11D3E.jpeg

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Yesterday when I went out in the back garden, the sparrows were waiting for me.
Their feeders had been wrecked by Storm Arwen, the wind had blown them off, stolen the feeders etc...

Miss Blackbird was mithering me as well.

Fortunately I had some spare feeders and got them up. The sparrows were delighted.

But Miss Blackbird was still mithering me. She was hopping by my feet. She wanted the cat biscuits, so I went and got some. And she is eating them as I am trying to pour them in the cat bowls. She got first dibs before the stray cats. Ginger was waiting hidden in the bushes. He knows my birds are off limits to him (they all do, but I am still training Calico who hates the dog bark/screech/and other noise I play the moment she even looks at a bird). Miss Blackbird had her fill and flew off. So Ginger comes up and rubs his body all over the concrete all over my shoes and all round the bowl of cat biscuits. He had his fill. Then along came Mr Robin and Mrs Wren. So, Ginger's plan to scare off the birds didn't work. I don't think birds have scent glands in the way cats and humans do.

I have no idea why Miss Blackbird is so friendly and has no fear of me. She also appears to act as 'mother' to the sparrows, and keeps a look out when the sparrows are on the ground. She also feeds alongside the sparrows, and is friendly with them.

Not so with Mr Blackbird. This will never be a match made in heaven with Miss Blackbird. Mr Blackbird hates those sparrows with an absolute passion. He caws like a rook, and shouts 'Mine, mine, mine', at every sparrow that approaches the feeders. He looks so vicious. Do the sparrows take any notice of him? Absolutely not! The sparrows fly all around him so he is unable to get a bite off those fatballs. These sparrows are very good at hovering mid-air right in front of Mr Blackbird within centimetres of his yellow beak shouting obscenities at those sparrows. Mr Blackbird cannot move or lunge or he will lose the perch on the bird feeder to dozens of sparrows who have a ringside view on the next branch...

I think I need to have a mother-daughter conversation with Miss Blackbird on the suitability of her suitor....

Creative for today...
Candle wax to create the moon first.
A disposable scratchy old fountain pen scribbling a tree.
Sprayed with a little water in a fine mister.

Time for coffee...
And a nap...

View attachment 52236
Lots going on in that garden of yours and a wonderful telling of a haven for local birds and cool cats. I love this picture, so reflective of the storm.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a still blustery and yet calmer start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north with the added attraction of a light coating of something white. Unlike the pub at Tan Hill which is completely cut off. Unless you have an over snow vehicle with tracks - I believe that they have two up there. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-engla...F_9PlZceszNoLhxknLlHZgUhK7M5OZsf6zFD98tHp8U-k
The wonder wheel of a vegetable and tomato stew came in at 5.4 this am.

Late breakfast with daughter and family in town. One road blocked off due to a large lump of roof and a chimney stack hiding what looked like a car beneath. Bits of slate on the roads - be careful where you park. Some trees uprooted - must plant some more. A very angry sea and luckily no fools getting close as they sometimes do. Fences down - usually the weakness of support poles holding up flimsy panels waiting for the opportunity to fly, like several trampolines and the odd piece of garden furniture. Please sir, can we have our trampoline back? Girl in the bubble stayed over last night - what fun. We had a tea party. Far too much tea drank but do wait for the milk to arrive grandad!

Art bit - another tree - we are doing trees! Hope your day is kind to you and not too much clearing up after the storm. I really must go and get some koffy.

upload_2021-11-28_7-12-40.jpeg

Last edited: