What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Thank you for all the condolencies. We hope to be in some way able to respond appropriately soon.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good evening folks. Just had a telephone appointment with the nurse practitioner for diabetes following my review blood test. My HbA1c was up from 56 to 64. :arghh: My last cholesterol test was 7 and the ratio 5.8. No LD? In the past I have proved intolerant to all statins, Ezetimibe and Bezafibrate. In July 2020 my GP asked the advice of the Lipid service at the hospital. It appears that advice was given to check "fasting" lipids including triglycerides and suggested 2 alternatives depending on the results. I knew nothing of this advice as there was no follow up. I inquired about this at my last face to face appointment and was sent a copy of the advice received from the hospital. I discussed this further with the nurse today and have an early appointment tomorrow for a "fasting" lipid test. HbA1c to be retested in 4 months as my recent circumstances may have contributed to my raised level including a concoction of additional medication. I am still awaiting the results of my CT scan. The extra medications I've been prescribed have helped with some of my symptoms and I'm gradually weaning myself off some of them so that's good. Sorry to go on so long. :sorry: Best wishes to all, especially those of you who are struggling. Take care.

Have to agree with @ianpspurs post fully

A lot of juggling going on there

No easy task keeping anything in balance.

Best wishes for tomorrow.
You say 'fasting' I presume only water

I know some say don't fast, but I am of the school that says I want as blank a slate as possible for any line of tests .

HBA1c particularly

I never realised his much those other blood numbers revealed.

And the only way I think I could get as level a playing field as possible each time was to fast from 8pm...and then only water after

No way I could remember to have one coffee or a snack next time around to match previous tests conditions

As said hope all goes well and reflects some light on conditions, progress & the best ways forward...x

Last edited:
Reactions: alf_Josiah

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
I really hope the test tomorrow proves useful and the CT scan results arrive soon with some solution to that long standing problem.
Many thanks@ianpspurs.:)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Have to agree with @ianpspurs post fully

A lot of juggling going on there

No easy task keeping anything in balance.

Best wishes for tomorrow.
You say 'fssting' I presume only water

I know some ,say don't fast, but I am off the school that days I want as blank a slate as possible for any line of tests .

HBA1c particularly

I ever realised his much those other blood numbers revealed.

And the only way I think I could get as level a playing field as possible each time was to fast from 8pm...and then only water after

No way I could remember to have one coffee or a snack next time around to match previous tests conditions

As said hope all goes well and reflects some light on conditions, progress & the best ways forward...x
Thank you@jjraak. I hope by now you are settled at home. :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thy dare not let an ambulance out because they might sneak somebody in

Hospital was busy, indeed
A little respite would be most welcome, I think

I finally got transport at 6;50

Been home a while,
A 5 guys burger to celebrate
A wallet buster, but oh so nice

In bed now, cream crackered.
Sleep not too far away

A little transition back to real food, then onwards with full recovery

Thanks you NHS.

Surgeons, doctors , nurses, HCA, porters, radiologist, catering, everybody from top to bottom.

One team.
One goal
Our best interests .

Why can't govt be like that .?

Love to you all.
Pass it on & tell
Your loved ones

Life can change in a moment.
Time to do it later, isn't guaranteed.

Stay safe x

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Loving that idea @gennepher

I do something similar myself, much more ad hoc.

Very easy to skim over aspects of our own lives,
Very interesting & insightful to put in words and examine in finer detail

Would love to have mum or dads version to read up on moments I can no longer ask anyone

Sure your recipients will be fascinated and inspired when reading it.

Sure your life make a better movie, but we all have one in ours

In mine, george Clooney, plays the lead

Who would play yours .?

I would have an unknown actress play me!

Spellcheck changed actress to 'a tree' @jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hospital was busy, indeed
A little respite would be most welcome, I think

I finally got transport at 6;50

Been home a while,
A 5 guys burger to celebrate
A wallet buster, but oh so nice

In bed now, cream crackered.
Sleep not too far away

A little transition back to real food, then onwards with full recovery

Thanks you NHS.

Surgeons, doctors , nurses, HCA, porters, radiologist, catering, everybody from top to bottom.

One team.
One goal
Our best interests .

Why can't govt be like that .?

Love to you all.
Pass it on & tell
Your loved ones

Life can change in a moment.
Time to do it later, isn't guaranteed.

Stay safe x
Glad you got home safely @jjraak
I am guessing you have not been able to sleep yet, but just relieved you are back home again.
Take it easy. Sleep will come soon.
Your mind needs to wind down from the busyness of the hospital.
Take care x

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Did half of my leafleting before catching the Bozo Beat-Up Fest. I can't comment on that until I have been told more by Sue Gray. ;);)
While visiting front doors I found more than one instance of "fake grass". Yes really. Some people have green plastic polymer instead of real grass. Hello? COP26. Climate change? Que pasa?

Put the real test kit to work at 0630 and got an FBG result of 8.6 mmo/lt. which is better than yesterday.

Have a great day.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening folks. Just had a telephone appointment with the nurse practitioner for diabetes following my review blood test. My HbA1c was up from 56 to 64. :arghh: My last cholesterol test was 7 and the ratio 5.8. No LD? In the past I have proved intolerant to all statins, Ezetimibe and Bezafibrate. In July 2020 my GP asked the advice of the Lipid service at the hospital. It appears that advice was given to check "fasting" lipids including triglycerides and suggested 2 alternatives depending on the results. I knew nothing of this advice as there was no follow up. I inquired about this at my last face to face appointment and was sent a copy of the advice received from the hospital. I discussed this further with the nurse today and have an early appointment tomorrow for a "fasting" lipid test. HbA1c to be retested in 4 months as my recent circumstances may have contributed to my raised level including a concoction of additional medication. I am still awaiting the results of my CT scan. The extra medications I've been prescribed have helped with some of my symptoms and I'm gradually weaning myself off some of them so that's good. Sorry to go on so long. :sorry: Best wishes to all, especially those of you who are struggling. Take care.
All the best for today and hope that tests and CT results gel into some long term plan.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all.

Did half of my leafleting before catching the Bozo Beat-Up Fest. I can't comment on that until I have been told more by Sue Gray. ;);)
While visiting front doors I found more than one instance of "fake grass". Yes really. Some people have green plastic polymer instead of real grass. Hello? COP26. Climate change? Que pasa?

Put the real test kit to work at 0630 and got an FBG result of 8.6 mmo/lt. which is better than yesterday.

Have a great day.
Be careful of that Sue Gray and don’t swear at any police by your side gate or you will get the chop.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone under what looks to be a cloudless sky here in the dark and dangerous north. What a fun packed day yesterday, most of it entirely unsupervised. How long does it take two blokes to fit a set of gates? Well three hours it seems. Very pleased with the result and the speed of processing; the guy only measured up and quoted mid December. Making gates is not as busy an occupation as being a plumber it seems. Mrs Miggins and her three sisters survived their trip to the theatre - Hairspray - not my cup of tea but they said that they enjoyed it. Bin day today so I am hoping for a good view of the cavalcade as it clatters down the street. Glad you finally got home @jjraak, nothing so good as sleeping in your own bed. Visit to the kitchen suppliers today to check design on their CAD machine and do some coatings - what fun! Have to be back by 1330 for my telephone consult with the spine clinic folk - lay it on thick according to my GP.

Hope that your today is better than your yesterday. Best make some koffy.

upload_2022-1-13_8-2-2.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all.

Have a great day.
I must admit that we had fake grass in our last house - difficult to roll and tasted dreadful.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
All the best for today and hope that tests and CT results gel into some long term plan.
Thank you@dunelm. Just on my way to the blood test. Brr it's cold out there! :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. @SlimLizzy hugs and posting here is irrelevant just now. IDK my fbg which is good for my peace of mind and probably for my D control. Everything i eat and do has been tested to distraction anyhow. I did change my main meal yesterday. Not Mackerel salad but Scomber scombrus salad:angelic: @dunelm thanks for the art, good luck with the kitchen designer and spine clinic. I have a face to face in Feb. :D for the rif on artificial grass. @jjraak :woot: for being home again. @dogslife hope all goes well and hug for the cold. Roast chicken for me today - green veggies are fine I but can't deal with that without gravy. LC gravy has so far been a nonsense for me and I won't put butter on veggies. Two granddaughters all day, school pickup for Grandson and family meal. None of the food, school pickup or family meal are "safe" -meh. @True Blue Sue Gray? Game plan seems to be wait, deny any damaging findings, make her resign then style it out. The Blue Team urgently need our Spine experts @dunelm. Largely pointless asking y'all to take care that's now considered virtual treason in Ingerland.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Really surprised that it wasn't much higher. Was so hungry when I got back from classes last night so had a few cashews and some kefir. Still really hungry so more cashews and Montezuma 100%. Still really hungry so had some protein powder. Although still hungry I did manage to stop there.

This morning, unsurprisingly, was not hungry at all so didn't have my normal breakfast.