What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A wee bit behind. Wednesday 27 April bed 6.9 FBG 7.6.

Been a bit busy. Youngest grandson was really upset this morning and would not go into school for the morning. I ended up teaching him all day. His hay-fever was quite bad but, despite this, he really focused and I stretched him by doing some Math and comprehension ahead of his level. He's very bright.

B. TAG and 2 M&S crackers with whipped cheese.

L. Nothing.

D. A kind of shepherd's pie. I did add some cannellini beans which did spike my BGs. Cauli mash topping with Cheddar cheese on top.
Yet another HC dark fix chocolate.

Thursday 28 April bed 7.2 FBG 7.6

Got youngest back to school this morning. He was highly delighted that I gave him a certificate for completing 20 worksheets and a math tutorial with me this week. He informs me he doesn't want to go to school because I'm a better teacher and there are no mean boys. He was delighted though to hand over a very large folder with all his work to his teacher.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with coronation chicken which needed used.

L. Nothing

D. After jujitsu (eldest grandson got his first stripe on his belt) 3 M&S GF sausages, 1 GF Black pudding, fried egg, santini tomatoesvand 4 of Hubby's chips.
4 strawberries, 8 raspberries and a dash of cream

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
It turned out I didn't have bacon after all (or technically I did, but it was at the very back of the fridge, hidden by other stuff, and it clearly told me I should have checked the fridge a very long time ago :bag::sorry:) but I did find a forgotten 'droge worst' (Dutch dried sausage), which was at least as tasty after frying small bits of it! :)

The soup itself was much better too, second day really makes a difference!

Wow! It sounds delishios! I want to try cook it even thought it seems difficult

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow! It sounds delishios! I want to try cook it even thought it seems difficult
Not a difficult recipe at all!
Just chop up the components of the recipe and rewrite it in your own words, as a step by step instruction. :)

The main thing is to use peppers, cream, tomato paste and garlic.
Putting the peppers in the oven until blackened makes them easy to peel and very tasty, the same goes for the garlic.

Today was going to be the pepper soup again, but I'm going sailing tomorrow with a friend and her mum, and I thought the soup would be a good thing to bring with me to share.
So I had a quick meal of spicy green beans with garlic and sambal, and a burger on a bed of sautéed leek with cheese and black pepper.

279636902_10225455804256364_2094727589930612252_n.jpg

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I pretty much agree with @Annb on the saga of tea, supper, lunch, dinner etc.
In our household breakfast is always breakfast except when it gets to 11ish and it becomes brunch. Lunch is something that happens occasionally. Then, of course, there used to be the treat of afternoon tea which now would have to be specially made for diabetics. Oddly, we refer to the evening meal as tea (Monday to Saturday) but dinner on a Sunday. It is also dinner when we go out for an evening meal and at Chistmas time!

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lots of food going on during my time away. Lots and lots of it!

Today was omelette and bacon for brekkie, followed by Hotel Chocolat 85% hot chocolate and whip. Dinner was at a Brazilian bbq place with endless meat. My favourite, Picanha is pictured :D yum!

A5505702-4A49-46F6-9ABD-C564F4A24B22.jpeg
C0E26E5A-46EA-4486-A463-13EADA01D005.jpeg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last day of our holiday today. Frightened to get home to the scales after 10 days of 3 catered meals a day
B: yoghurt with seeds, then smoked salmon, herring and mackerel
L: meatballs (but arrived coated in breadcrumbs and fried), cheese and too many if hubbys nacho chips/crisps
Mid afternoon, most of a slice of cake. Bg shot up and stayed there until
D: champagne, pate, beef, veg, cheese. Far too much wine (it's been included with every lunch and dinner and they kept topping it up when I wasn't looking!)

Have walked a minimum ov 11000 steps most days, 18000 twice

Sort of looking forward to home tomorrow but Belgium and the Netherlands tour has been very interesting, if cold in parts

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheese on toast for breakfast.
Two hard boiled eggs with celery salt sprinkled on, lemon cordial osmolax brew for smoko.
Pork loin chops, green veggies and mushroom butter sauce for lunch.
Sausages and hot english mustard sandwiches for supper at six.

Blue cheese on low carb wheat crispbread crackers watching Prime.

Edit: Should have put crispbread in.

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday bed 7 7 FBG 8

B. TAG and a single M&S cracker with whipped cheese

L. 200mls coconut milk

D. Lettuce "boats" filled with tuna, sweetcorn and mayo and a salad of 1/2 avocado, santini tomatoes, cheese and walnuts.
1 more HC dark fix.

Youngest had been pondering about the piece of comprehension I did with him. It was about a boy who woke up, not in his bed, but on a strange blue planet. After much thought I was told "Nana, two things Either Billy is dreaming or he is totally insane." The mind of an 8 year old.
20220429_183934.jpg

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi,

I do not have pic :( sorry

Here is a recipe I just had.
you need:
courgette
Bell pepper
olive oil 1 spoon
salt

yoghurt 1 soon
tahini 1 spoon
cut the courgette and the pepper
and mix it with olive oil
and then straight in the oven for about 20 minutes

then let it cool, then in the processor add yogurt, tahini
salt
and some herb if you would like
finally,

before eat it out little oil on top and enjoy.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: maglil55

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. Lovely sunny day but could be very cold, haven't ventured out yet. I was fairly good yesterday and I've lost some weight!! Today is going to be a carnivore day. I have belly pork slices and chicken thighs, plus bacon. So we will see what happens. I'm also going to do some more gardening as I slept better. I've also bought an Ionizer for my bedroom. Could be psychological, but I feel it helps too.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Only tea so far today but I will shortly have the remainder of the fish dish I made for my 2nd meal yesterday - onion, red pepper, green pepper, tomato, green beans, all fried together in butter, then chunks of fish steamed on top. Just a sprinkling of sea salt over it to season. It was actually very good and I was tempted to eat the lot, but reigned myself in.

2nd meal will be some stuffed cabbage leaves - haven't found the stuffing mixture yet but it will involve some crowdie and some cream and some of my pickled vegetables.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm about to be off for a day of sailing, food will be a surprise because we'll all bring something. :)
I'll bring pepper soup, boiled eggs with a bought smoked fish/mayo thing for dipping, some cherry tomatoes, chocolaty nut squares and coffee and tea. And a low carb sandwich for myself, and a juicy pear to nudge my bg up a bit if needed, looks like it's going to be one of those days where I tend to drop.

I'll let you know how it went tonight!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm about to be off for a day of sailing, food will be a surprise because we'll all bring something. :)
I'll bring pepper soup, boiled eggs with a bought smoked fish/mayo thing for dipping, some cherry tomatoes, chocolaty nut squares and coffee and tea. And a low carb sandwich for myself, and a juicy pear to nudge my bg up a bit if needed, looks like it's going to be one of those days where I tend to drop.

Hope you have fun today Antje. Anyone out on the sea around here is going to get very wet - only a bit breezy but raining hard.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: Antje77

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all
Today I had a win- bm did not go over 5.8 all day! Currently 4.4 just after early dinner

Breakfast- black coffee

Lunch- quorn, kimchi, vegan Philadelphia and veg in high protein wrap

Dinner- beyond meat burger with green veggies and vegan coleslaw.
Raspberries and alpro cream

Carbs-37, cals 911

Hope you all had a good day including @Antje77 sailing on the big blue sea!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Mini holiday continues. Skipped the hotel brekkie this morning in favour of some relaxation and a later start.

Brunch at a little cafe at one of my favourite West Midlands spots, the Red House Glass Cone. Bacon and eggs.

Dinner was a beef gym box with onions from German Doner Kebab, followed by dessert at Hotel Chocolat. 85% hot chocolate with whip. Made even better as it was on the house.

B1446313-057C-4919-B478-988034A13018.jpg

Edited for typo.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7DFDC39F-1C28-4EA3-9F22-32ECD1C27C08.jpeg
7E583E0D-F28D-4BA4-9FE1-46D27ADF838C.jpeg
My garden herbs really doing well now so made the most of them for my herb leaves based lunch. Only exception was the Corriander used with dinner which was from supermarket growing pot.
Three meal day for a change
Breakfast mushrooms cooked in butter with one slice of bacon and one egg
Lunch herb based salad with a few Isle of Wight tomatoes (orange and black) and hm sauerkraut with some hot smoked salmon followed by hm stewed rhubarb and hm yoghurt followed by four squares of 100% chocolate
Dinner chicken breast pieces marinated all day in Indian spices and olive oil served with cauliflower rice and chopped Corriander and glass of soda water with splash of gin followed by lc coffee and walnut cake.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

We had a wonderful day!
(More pictures on the Parallel thread, as they're not about food: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...en-parallel-chat.177870/page-106#post-2509533)

My friend doesn't eat meat (but she does eat fish), so everything we brought was vegetarian and low carb, except for a little bread my friend brought, and my pear and sweets for hypo treatment. I haven't needed either. :)

You already know what I brought, my friend brought garlic olives, oven baked celeriac slices with cheese, slices of cucumber and a very tasty aubergine based spread.

Tasty enough to ask the recipe. Ridiculously easy and very good, so here it is:
Cook an aubergine in the oven until soft and chop.
Add Greek yoghurt.
Add lots of garlic.
Add salt and pepper.
Use stick blender or other kitchen aid of choice to make a dip.
I had the dip with cucumber and tomato, my friend used the bread.

Later in the afternoon we had the soup and the chocolate squares.
I also completely nailed this diabetes thing! :D
Much easier when the only available food to avoid is bread, and there are lots of other tasty choices available!

279438247_10225460682578319_4031607517649377429_n.jpg

279309842_10225460677818200_6583186585926539335_n.jpg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A very early start preceded a long journey so picked my way through (in no particular order)
2 hard boiled eggs
2 cheeses and ham roll ups
A nut bar
A seed bar
4 slices cucumber
a quarter of a tomato
3 bites of cake
4 squares milk chocolate
Spicy dry chicken
Beetroot side dish
1 tablespoon hubbys lamb curry
1 lc hot chocolate