What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
4.5 finger prick this morning. 6.3 on the Dexcom G6

iwilltouchyourcat

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all
9.5 this morning
Had an awful day yesterday my cat is very ill and I was up during the night with him after he got back from the vet. I had a bowl of low carb cereal at 8pm and this morning my blood sugar reflects both the stress, lack of sleep and the extra food I had
Hope everyone has a good day

the-mental-one

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all
9.5 this morning
Had an awful day yesterday my cat is very ill and I was up during the night with him after he got back from the vet. I had a bowl of low carb cereal at 8pm and this morning my blood sugar reflects both the stress, lack of sleep and the extra food I had
Hope everyone has a good day
I hope your cat is ok, always stressful when a pet is ill.

6.3 this morning woke up late so clearly needed extra sleep.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Rorschach blot of a Swipey fbg - 6.3. First reaction was feelings of failure then well what do you expect? morphing into oh well. The Big Picture © is basically just lots of Rorschach blots close up but from a distance it can be a thing of beauty or a Gothic Horror. Good to see you back @karen8967; good perspective @RoughcutAU; anther great fbg @ultradad ; yay for the 6s @PenguinMum; enjoy leg day @DEBBIESCOTT they do look mighty shapely :); hug for the poorly cat @iwilltouchyourcat I missed a few but Go Team D.

Last edited:

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. You know, sometimes I don't want to post my readings cos they r too high and I feel a bit shamed by them, but I would so miss all the funny, charitable, helpful and comforting postings on here if I didn't. I come on here first thing in the morning with my coffee and it starts my day off right. Must admit there is sometimes a bit of head scratching goes on when I read Ianspurs!!!! ;) Anyway, 10.2 last night and 7.5 this morning plus a head scratch. Rorschach?? o_O. Hug for everyone.

Reactions: iwilltouchyourcat

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. You know, sometimes I don't want to post my readings cos they r too high and I feel a bit shamed by them, but I would so miss all the funny, charitable, helpful and comforting postings on here if I didn't. I come on here first thing in the morning with my coffee and it starts my day off right. Must admit there is sometimes a bit of head scratching goes on when I read Ianspurs!!!! ;) Anyway, 10.2 last night and 7.5 this morning plus a head scratch. Rorschach?? o_O. Hug for everyone.
Scratch ye not young Rosemary, young sparrow me owl.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey Rosemary there is no shame here. We all have the same objective to do the best we can and support each other with a bit of fun and affection. Good to have you part of our merry gang.