• 26 snatches (13 L+ 13 R)
  • 26 cleans to press (13 L+ 13 R)
  • 26 cleans (13 L+ 13 R)

AGC_68

FBG
Libre 5.8
Contour 4.6
Yesterdays food
B/ eggs bacon, mushrooms, slice soughdough toast with butter, Benecol drinking yogurt
After bike ride
Immune support tea with collagen, 2 superfood bites & Brazil nuts
L/ salmon, walnuts, tomato & mozzarella salad
D/ beef burger, sausage,!pulled pork, salad, slice of watermelon
Exercise
13.5 mile bike ride
Steps 6,636
Great bike ride! .. love the food too! Killing those FBGs!

AGC_68

Hope you’ve had a lovely weekend, been very sunny, but windy here
Another pb at gym this morning 35kg lat pull down, 3 reps
Enjoy your day
Nice weekend thanks. Mum and daughter both hit with a bad cold. So daddy bear mode for me, cooking, feeding and watching slightly tedious kids movies with the girl on Netflix. But still worth it .. lots of love and cuddles all around so a good weekend :)
However, glad to be back at work! LOL

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG
Libre5.9
Contour 5.7
Yesterdays food
B/ protein shake, 2 superfood bites, Brazil nuts, Benecol drinking yogurt
L/ tofu Buddha bowl with wholegrain rice, 5 cherries, walnuts & 2 cheese strings, digest tea with collagen
D/ prawn & avocado salad, salted peanuts
Yesterdays exercise
Pt
6 sets deadlifts last set 70kg
3x12 each side Bulgarian split squats
3x12 dumbell strict shoulder press
3x12 dumbell bench press
3x12 lat pull downs 26.5kg
1x3 lat pull down 35kg
3x12 seated rows
Steps 11,403

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great FBG & workout
Hope your mum & daugher are getting over their colds
Day out at SW19 today to see Rapha play, Serena Williams on after so might stay & watch her as well
Enjoy your day at work

AGC_68

Great FBG & workout
Hope your mum & daugher are getting over their colds
Day out at SW19 today to see Rapha play, Serena Williams on after so might stay & watch her as well
Enjoy your day at work
Have a GREAT day!
Mom and daughter OK .. now I have it LOL

AGC_68

This morning's FBG: 6.3

Yesteday's food:
B: Huel black banana + protein powder + PB
L: 3 eggs Mexican style, avocado, 1 buttered toast
D: Huel black chocolate + protein powder + cocoa nibs
AD: Choc protein pudding

Yesterday's Activity:

Steps: ~5,000

Workout:

20 mins of going around the circuit below, non stop below with a 16 kg bell:
  • 10 bent over rows (5 L+ 5 R)
  • 10 narrow grip push ups (both hands on bell)
  • 10 goblet squats

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG
Libre 6.2
Contour 5.4
Yesterdays food
B/ cold roast chicken & d/g cheese (in the car)
L/ 1/2 peanut butter protein bar
S/ keto bar
S/ seed crackers
S/ superfood bites
S/ @2am when we got home casien, tofu, roast chicken, salted peanuts
exercise
Rest day
Steps 15,324

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry you’ve caught a cold & it’s put FBG up
Rubbish day yesterday food wise, should have known there wouldn’t have been any suitable food there, I’ll be more prepared next time
Great day out though, just a long way, 4 hours each way
Sons going today so I’m having another day off, eye checkup at hospital this morning & a bike ride later if the weather permits
Have a great day

AGC_68

This morning's FBG: 5.4

Yesteday's food:
B: Huel black banana + protein powder + cocoa nibs
L: 3 eggs Mexican style, avocado, 1 buttered toast
D: Huel black chocolate + protein powder + cocoa nibs

Yesterday's Activity:

Workout:

• 4 x 26 bent over rows with 16 kg bell ( 13 L+ 13 R)
  • 4 x 25 slow tempo push ups
  • 5 x 10 slow tempo parallel bar dips
  • 5x 10 slow goblet squats with 16 kg bell
  • 5 x 25 bicycle crunches

AGC_68

Sorry you’ve caught a cold & it’s put FBG up
Rubbish day yesterday food wise, should have known there wouldn’t have been any suitable food there, I’ll be more prepared next time
Great day out though, just a long way, 4 hours each way
Sons going today so I’m having another day off, eye checkup at hospital this morning & a bike ride later if the weather permits
Have a great day
Cold sounds worse today, but I feel much better! FBG down too :)
Day at Wimbledon sounds great! It is tough to get to, 4 hours each way is pretty good going. I bet you guys were shattered by the end of the day! What was the best match you saw? The athleticism at that level is just a joy to behold live!
All the best with the eye check up and enjoy the bike ride!

centaur68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This morning's FBG: 5.1

Yesteday's food:
B: Huel black banana + protein powder + PB
L: Huel black chocolate + protein powder, tuna and egg salad
D: Huel black chocolate + protein powder, tuna and egg salad

Yesterday's Activity:

Workout:

4 x around the circuit below with a 16 kg bell:
  • 25 press ups
  • 25 squats
  • 26 swings (13 L+ 13 R)
  • 26 snatches (13 L+ 13 R)
  • 26 cleans to press (13 L+ 13 R)
  • 26 cleans (13 L+ 13 R)

Hi AGC. how do you find Huel & protein with your BGL usually?

I'm trying to get back on track & looked at LCHF/KETO again or someone suggested Huel but then was told Huel not good for diabetics.. interested in your view
regards

AGC_68

Hi AGC. how do you find Huel & protein with your BGL usually?

I'm trying to get back on track & looked at LCHF/KETO again or someone suggested Huel but then was told Huel not good for diabetics.. interested in your view
regards
Hey there @centaur68
I use the Huel "Black", much higher in protein and lower in carbs than regular Huel. I add stuff to it make it taste better, almond oil, or orange oil, sugar free sweeteners, extra protein powder, cocoa nibs or cocoa powder, sometimes an egg (I'm not vegan). But that's because I'm fussy, food's gotta taste good! For me it works. I'd suggest you try it and track your morning FBG and post prandial BG for a while and see how it goes. My A1C is 40 (mmol/mol), it would be much lower if I wasn't taking statins. 40 in the UK is considered in the normal range, I'd like it lower but the statins are a must for me. I need them, familial hypercholesterolemia and family history of early heart attack related death on my dad's side, that plus the familial blood lipid issues makes it worth the higher A1C for me. But the Huel Black for me is good in terms of macros and BG levels. On days without statins, using Huel, my FBG the next day is always in the low 5s (UK measures in mmol/L). Give the Huel Black a go, track it and see what it does to your BGs. That's all I can suggest. Hope it helps.

Reactions: centaur68

AGC_68

@centaur68 just to add .. I tend to have at least one proper high protein, low carb meal a day too. But even on the busy days when it is just the Huel Black .. the BG levels are good.

Reactions: centaur68

centaur68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks AGC_68, couple more quick questions
does it mix with water or almond milk etc? and is it any good for weight/fat loss (along with exercise obviously)

I'll have to look on Huel website.

AGC_68

Thanks AGC_68, couple more quick questions
does it mix with water or almond milk etc? and is it any good for weight/fat loss (along with exercise obviously)

I'll have to look on Huel website.
No worries mate .. I have it with 500 ml water and 100 ml Almond milk, I tend to add a scoop of plant based, artificially sweetened choc protein powders and some other bits and bobs as mentioned above.

It is filling due to the protein, you will produce a little more gas at first but your digestive system gets used to it and calms down after a bit. For a low calorie count it does keep you full and give you enough protein to keep muscle. To lose fat for the long term, you will have to maintain a calorie deficit no matter what you eat. Just keep the protein high, stay active, keep the fats and carbs to a reasonable level so that you do not gain more fat. If you do see yourself gaining fat, cut back on the fat and carbs a bit and keep protein high to keep feeling fuller. If you're in a place with super high BG levels, might be worth going even lower carb at first just to get the BG levels and insulin levels down to normal ranges. Then you can increase carbs a bit and dial down the fat. But in the long term, T2 will happen if you eat too many calories fat or carbs. much harder to eat too many calories with protein as it is so satiating (but not impossible if you really have the willpower to keep stuffing it in LOL)! If you eat low protein foods however, the body will force you to keep eating until you get enough protein. Which means with the wrong foods you;ll take on lots of carbs and. or fats too. That's when problems start. In short I recommend the Huel Black mate .. give it a go. Keep the calories you consume in line with your activity levels. Need to lose fat, reduce calories, or increase activity. But eventually it becomes impossible to out exercise a high energy diet.

AGC_68

KETO becomes a problem when people think that adding more fat and taking away carbs is the answer to losing fat. Long term it is not, any excess calories to your body's requirements WILL (unless it is excreted) get stored as fat, no matter what macro it is.

AGC_68

One more tip, if I may be so bold. No snacks between meals and set a time in the evening after which you will not eat anymore until breakfast the next day. I eat my evening meal at 7:30 PM and do my best to not even have a snack after that. Don't manage it all the time, but 9 days out of 10. Even on those days, the snack will be high protein and lower energy. Fill me up and not send sugar levels high. Sorry if that's more detail than you were looking for. But the approach really helped me. I've lost 2 and 1/2 stone and have no problem keeping it off.