What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
This weekend is probably going to be a bit carby unfortunately, as we have a 2-day mountain marathon to do (carry all your camping kit and energy dense food).
So I started ok with a 2-egg cheese omelette with salad leaves and mug of tea with oatmilk for breakfast. However lunch and dinner will be whatever we find on the journey 'up north' to the event centre. No beer, I promise . No beer, I promise, No beer .....

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
10ish glass of hm kefir
1ish some hm mushroom pate, smoked trout, salad,fermented veggies, a few nuts and lc seed crackers followed by a few berries and hm yoghurts followed by a few squares of 100% chocolate
5ish salmon in lemon butter with asparagus and glass of dry white wine followed by chocolate chia pudding made with yoghurt and kefir.
Lots more walking than usual anticipated over next two weeks- as we are looking after our youngest son’s dog. Just about to head into the forest for our second long walk of the day. I often walk in the evening, after main meal, but usually a shorter walk when no doggie companion.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a DGF lemon and white chocolate cookie.
Dinner: coronation chicken, leafy salad and two mini tomatoes followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Unusual few days started today. Supporting hubby by helping out at big (4,000 attendees) Scout event.
B: 2 scrambled eggs
Made chicken drumsticks and sausages and hard boiled eggs ready for grabbing.
Also made himself a packed lunch and a small slice of crusty bread slathered in butter fell into my mouth, swiftly followed by 2 ginger biscuits. Scouts run on carbs so can see this weekend is going to really test me.
Luckily libre showed me that I really really shouldn't have such things. The graph is now imprinted on my mind.
L: 2 drumsticks with coleslaw and a few nuts.
At the site I'm helping in the tent feeding 180 kids and 20 adults, so chopped loads of chicken and got the curries ready. Stirred clear of the cake mountain , no kidding it covers a big trestle table and it piled as high as my head.
Luckily I left before they started serving it. I snacked on hard boiled eggs and olives I'd taken with me,
Had a bit of cheese and one low carb beer back at home.
(Not staying over this time, so home to peace and a comfy bed)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B- h/m yoghurt and a few seeds.
L- ham, h/b egg, chilli sauerkraut, avocado,lettuce, Brie.
D- Finally got my chicken wings. I’d been thinking about them all day. Nobody but me and Dennis in tonight so a lazy tv supper. He is ever hopeful I’ll let him share my dinner but he’s always disappointed, I never do, what a meany. Glass of white wine and later some nuts.
IMG_0404.jpg

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
OMAD today - cauliflower and broccoli cheese from yesterday. Plenty left over to make cauli/broc mash to go with something tomorrow.

Been up since 2 am today. I have all this baking to do and I wanted to get as much as possible done while I had some energy. Made all my cakes and everything is ready to glaze/ice tomorrow. The biscuit mixes are in the freezer and fridge ready to slice or roll out and bake - also tomorrow. Still thinking of making one more biscuit but I can't find a recipe for the one that I want and, anyway, Em is coming for a sleep-over tonight so I shan't have much time to mess about with extra baking. Dishwasher is taking a bit of a beating today washing and rewashing mixing bowls, pans, baking trays etc.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit of a messy meal today, but boy did it hit the spot - tasted so good. Ages since I’d had this too. Lidl 25% mince fried with smoked streaky bacon and onions with a couple of fried eggs.

Later had 2 squares Lindt 90% and some Fage 5%, double cream and raspberries.

4B9A8587-C07F-461B-AF81-2B1782C5F2C9.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Bit of a messy meal today, but boy did it hit the spot - tasted so good. Ages since I’d had this too. Lidl 25% mince fried with smoked streaky bacon and onions with a couple of fried eggs.

Later had 2 squares Lindt 90% and some Fage 5%, double cream and raspberries.

View attachment 55268

I really like the look and sound of that. Must give it a try.

Reactions: DJC3 and Goonergal

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Started day with glass of hm kefir and two boiled eggs with one slice of lc toast
1ish small salad with smoked trout followed by a few berries and hm yoghurts and two squares of 100% chocolate
5is hm chicken curry with cauliflower rice and glass of soda water with splash of gin followed by lc gingerbread
Rain seemed to appear on all 3 dog walks today so far but weather seems to be drying up now so will head off for another hopefully dry dog walk in a few mins.

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
0930 hrs B Pouched eggs and bacon
1500hrs at 70th birthday for my dad brought my own ingredients for keto pizza and cooked in sister's oven the rest ordered platters from chipper
1930hrs some 90%chocolate and berries

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a DGF millionaires shortbread.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Dinner: coronation chicken, leafy salad, coleslaw and two baby tomatoes followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: yoghurt, berries seeds
Yoga class
2 cold sausages.
Off to scout camp with a box of chicken bits, cheese and cold sausage.
Managed to steer clear of all the carby foods at lunchtime, until the very end of clearing away when a square of brownie and a shortbread biscuit lept into my hand.
Didn't like the spike libres showed me, so why oh why did the same thing happen after the evening meal.?
I'd served up 400 portions of cake with no temptation at all. It was only going past the leftovers on the way to the car that a large brownie fell into my hand and then my mouth. So disappointed in myself, and in the resulting spike.
I was going to reward myself with a glass of wine but won't now.

So annoying, I had consciously avoided carbs and then suddenly the subconscious compulsion sprang to the fore before I even realised. I've managed to get out of helping with the catering tomorrow. Will drive the equipment vehicle instead. Safer for me

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three slices middle bacon, three egg and cheese omelette, mushrooms, two slices of toast and vegimite for breakfast,
Grilled threadfin salmon, prawns, and a mixed salad for lunch.
Prawn and sand crab meat omelette for supper at six.

Couple of crispbreads and blue cheese watching season four of the Good Doctor, I like the they got covid out of the way in the fitsr couple of episodes.

Glass of single malt before an early night.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday had breakfast of usual LC toast and copious tea.
Lunch was a slice of Turkey breast and a spoon of cheesey coleslaw. Tasted bad! Then a cup of tea and a DGF Raspberry Bakewell. Son swung by with supermarket curries for easy evening meal but though Mr PM enjoyed his chicken Madras my Chicken Tikka Masala with cauli rice tasted downright weird and more than half and virtually all the sauce ended up in the bin.
This morning same brekkie. Not sure about lunch if any as just no appetite. I have made a Bolognese for this evening and though I can smell stuff I don’t seem to have taste buds. Might try a small amount with green beans later.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Messy meals seem to be the theme of the weekend. Too much filling for the 3 eggs in today’s main event, omelette with mini bratwurst, smoked streaky bacon and onions. Tasted good though.

Earlier there had been yoghurt, cream, raspberries and 90% Lindt.

64F9CF0E-B8FC-485B-A369-00CD0A7CB824.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
So far today only tea - and :banghead: bits and pieces to check the baking was OK. :rolleyes: Not the best thought I ever had. I'm still hoping to get something for myself organised, but it's looking doubtful because my energy levels are falling and I may just make do with tea. I'll see how it goes. It was all too much baking and - depending on how many turn up, it still may not be enough. I'm only taking about half of the biscuits though and leaving half to bake off tomorrow night ready for Tuesday. If they eat all the cakes tomorrow, someone is just going to have to go out and buy some from a bakery.