What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a bit of a dreich start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.5 on the wheel of fortune this morning. So Laura Kons-berg is going to ‘grill’ Richy Smoothmac - sounds like the entertainment at the liar of the year annual dinner just before the incompetence awards are dished out. You couldn’t make it up - well you could - how about - we will make a tv programme about the post office and all of a sudden politicians and the fuzz are woken out of their catatonic state as if Oliver Sacks had been round sticking L-DOPA into them. Note to self; stop looking at the news. Art bit - third exercise - same movement with the blockbuster video card. I hope your day contains some joy - mine will begin with a cafetière of koffy followed some exercises.

View attachment 65388
Love this lots @dunelm
Time for more coffee for me too...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Up after the car drama of yesterday...

Creative...I did have an idea in mind, but wrecked it, and so fartnarkled too much with it...never mind, it was my morning meditation...
I will try again tomorrow with the same background...

Wildlife nighttime video
First cat is not Merlin, he is a chunky intensely vivid ginger cat who lives in my garage...
...and sneaks in my bungalow to feed. Midnight originally objected to a new stray cat, but Chunky Marmalade would not argue back, but looked at me with eyes which said "You're that lovely lady who feeds cats", and did the slow friendly blink...
Finally Midnight accepted him, knowing I would always refill the food bowl after Chunky Marmalade had eaten. Chunky Marmalade is very good at stealthily moving around during the day unseen...
The second cat is Jade who lives on the swing and sleeps all day on the swing.
38secs

Time for breakfast....

Have a good day...

IMG_5217.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from a distinctly chilly L.A. on day three of the 94th birthday events. Sunday lunch with #3 son and Tractor Ted's biggest fan means completely able bodied people (made with a fully functioning, long lasting back) and "helpers" to box up and put away Christmas decs. Winter can "do one" now for me. I'm pretty certain dark, cold days weren't what Eden was like, just a reminder of where exercising free will and ignoring one's maker leads. Your mileage may vary - especially you skiers, snowboarders and Fen skaters. @lindisfel hug for the painful part of the memory - I really do know where you are coming from. Just now I'd take a functional half your 20 years or Hezekiah's 15 (haven't seen a lump of figs mentioned in my treatment plan) in a heartbeat but I'm so pleased for you and Marjorie you've had yours . @dunelm thanks for yet another wonderful piece of art. The news? as requested by the Atlas Network allegedly. My highlights reel at sleep time today will involve two grandchildren, my family, JKP, and the pork she chose and lovingly cooked. Enjoy your own personalised highlights package everyone as a gift from The Almighty.
Thank you @ianpspurs. Looks like you will be having a smashing day.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

Creative...I did have an idea in mind, but wrecked it, and so fartnarkled too much with it...never mind, it was my morning meditation...

Wildlife nighttime video
First cat is not Merlin, he is a chunky intensely vivid ginger cat who lives in my garage...
...and sneaks in my bungalow to feed. Midnight originally objected to a new stray cat, but Chunky Marmalade would not argue back, but looked at me with eyes which said "You're that lovely lady who feeds cats", and did the slow friendly blink...
Finally Midnight accepted him, knowing I would always refill the food bowl after Chunky Marmalade had eaten. Chunky Marmalade is very good at stealthily moving around during the day unseen...
38secs

Time for breakfast....

Have a good day...

View attachment 65389
Interesting creative - looking forward to what you do with it next.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
FBG 6.6, later 6.3, 5.9 sand then back to 6.6
Gave up waiting for it to come down and had breakfast. Unusual for me. Normally have only coffee in the mornings.
Have definitely caught MrSlims cold. Will be testing to see if it is something worse.
MrSlim was still in bed at lunchtime, perhaps he is finally learning to be retired?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Gave up waiting for it to come down and had breakfast. Unusual for me. Normally have only coffee in the mornings.
Have definitely caught MrSlims cold. Will be testing to see if it is something worse.
MrSlim was still in bed at lunchtime, perhaps he is finally learning to be retired?
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for you both. Hopefully it is "just" a heavy cold.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hopefully just a cold.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Good morning everyone on a bit of a dreich start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.5 on the wheel of fortune this morning. So Laura Kons-berg is going to ‘grill’ Richy Smoothmac - sounds like the entertainment at the liar of the year annual dinner just before the incompetence awards are dished out. You couldn’t make it up - well you could - how about - we will make a tv programme about the post office and all of a sudden politicians and the fuzz are woken out of their catatonic state as if Oliver Sacks had been round sticking L-DOPA into them. Note to self; stop looking at the news. Art bit - third exercise - same movement with the blockbuster video card. I hope your day contains some joy - mine will begin with a cafetière of koffy followed some exercises.

View attachment 65388
Could do with some sun @dunelm.
But I like it!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from dry Saturday early in what probably won't be totally dry January here but I'll be unlikely to reach 14 units all month. That may count for some but will take no self control from me. Birthday girl alive and almost kicking for the visit of 2 granddaughters and a great grandson from Surrey and a surprise afternoon tea later. The cake has been decorated - no, not 94 candles. Tomorrow will be a down home Sunday roast with our #3 son and 2 great grandchildren possibly #1 son and 2 other great grandchildren. @JohnEGreen personally I would be keen to participate in that research if only if at all possible to help my boys, grandchildren or anyone else avoid the **** which has and will come my way but YMMV. @dunelm thanks for sharing the art - I very much like this series. @alf_Josiah thank Mrs A J for sharing her art. @gennepher the journey to car improvement may have been unconventional but the destination is so much better. There seems to be a pattern emerging here. @jjraak a less eventful journey to work. Well done on returning to testing and seeing the upside of life. @Krystyna23040 take it easy - as if. Here's _ possibly - a wonderful photo of dockey time in the Fens for some soon to be horny handed sons (and daughters) of toil. I can't promise y'all a Pedro Porro sized ear to ear beam but have a good day with as many little epiphanies as possible. The key seems to be not looking for them and defo not working to achieve them - they happen.
The birthday girl is doing really well @ianpspurs

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
A peanut and Montazumas induced 6.4 this morning. Was absolutely starving last night and gorged on peanuts and 100% Montazumas while watching the excellent programme on the post office scandal. I always have higher fbs if I eat late - even if it is low carb.
I know from the reports in the news, but I never thought it was that bad. The good name of the PO, meant that thousands of lives were destroyed. And, privatisation has made it worse.
once again, money before people. And it was ultimately the government responsibility and British Justice that was taken to court. The only winners, we're the solicitors and the board of the PO.
And the innocents in this still have not been given compensation due to the government's delaying tactics!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Fbg 6.9

Wildlife nighttime video
38secs

Time for breakfast....

Have a good day...

View attachment 65389
interesting, almost dreamlike. Bit chaotic, re minds me a bit like the advertising surroundings a calandar or descriptive artwork, fixture list, you would see sixties/seventies. Different!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Wildlife nighttime video
38secs

Time for breakfast....

Have a good day...

View attachment 65389
Chunky Marmalade...such a lovely name .

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know from the reports in the news, but I never thought it was that bad. The good name of the PO, meant that thousands of lives were destroyed. And, privatisation has made it worse.
once again, money before people. And it was ultimately the government responsibility and British Justice that was taken to court. The only winners, we're the solicitors and the board of the PO.
And the innocents in this still have not been given compensation due to the government's delaying tactics!
I had no idea either that it was so appallingly bad. It was heartbreaking watching the programme.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As it is so wet and muddy underfoot we decided to walk to our little market town instead of going on one of our NT walks. I had a voucher for Holland and Barrett that I wanted to use.

It is a lovely walk to the town along tarmac paths and alleyways so avoiding all the mud and the main road.

We did a detour to the lovely Queen Mother's garden, which feels like a lovely secret garden hidden away in our town. We ended up in Starbucks where Poppy had a puppuccino which she really enjoyed.

In total 13K steps. I think that I will relax and read for the rest of the day.

Last edited: