What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After deciding to write of last week as just plain old bad week, Im back to writing what I eat before I eat it lol. for some reason I stopped counting calories and made bad choices last week. Back with avengence.

B Pear and coffee with cream
L Spinach, egg and tuna
D Homemade chilli burger (no bun) and coleslaw

@chri5 Had to look up shakshuka. It looks fab, as soon as I get some red pepper paste Im going to make some. It looks like something Id enjoy.

Reactions: 12 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Day 6 / Week 2 of 800 calories BSD - FBG: 4.8 :)
BG has been between 4.4 and 5.2 for the last 24 hours. I like where my FBG is right now - just need to work out how to stay there!

Breakfast: Alpro Plain with Coconut yoghurt with a teaspoon of Jordan's Pecan Caramel sugar free syrup.

Lunch: Broccoli and Stilton soup

Dinner: Roast chicken, roast celeriac, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and gravy plus some home made sugar free cranberry sauce (made in bulk at Christmas and froze in portions.)

Snack/Supper: Moser Roth 75% chocolate (just one of the little bars).

Reactions: 8 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
If anyone is interested, Lidl are doing an amazing special on whole legs of lamb. I got four this morning and the average cost was about £6.50 each. :) Might go back and get some more tomorrow before work.

Reactions: 2 people

jal16

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Scrambled eggs & grated cheese on 2 sesame ryvitas
Linda McCartney Mozzarella burger (gorgeous) and & 1x broccoli & cauliflower creamy gratin (Iceland) with side salad
Morrisons chocolate eclair from freezer section (5.7ish carbs) - These are a great sweet fix!!Pack of 6 and under 6 carbs;):D

Reactions: 13 people

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coriander leaf, chillis, celery, sausages,
Oh folks! I've just had the most delicious meal I've had in such a long, long time, it was so wonderful I was sitting there eating it going "Mmmmmm! Mmmmmm!" and there was only the dog there listening!

I'm calling it "Veggie Deluxe Bake", there's 1 onion, 3 leeks, 2 carrots, 4 beetroot, half an onion squash, one courgette, 1 and a half red peppers, about 6 mushrooms, sliced, 2 chicken stock cubes, 1/2 pint water, 1 carton chopped toms with garlic, 1 carton chopped toms with herbs, salt, pepper and a couple of teaspoons truvia to balance the seasoning, bake for 1 to 1 & half hours, then add a pot of fat free (or full fat if you prefer - I just happened to have fat free) cottage cheese spread out over the top and then sprinkle a couple of handfuls of grated cheddar cheese on top and bake for about another 15 to 20 mins. Personally I'm in heaven! Yum Yum!

VeggieDeluxeMontageSM_zpsvoae8gmt.jpg

Pics show layers of veg, final bake with cheesy topping and plate of delight.

Reactions: 9 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffeencream
S: kale crisps
L: another burger. couldn't resist. same again. just as fab.
D: am aiming for a coyo about 10pm and then an early night. busybusybusy in the morning.

Reactions: 7 people

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
B Coffee and cream x 2
L Protein roll, coleslaw,half a smoked pork sausage
S Mini twister ice lolly
D Lidl lightly dusted plaice fillet,celeriac chips and courgettes
S Probably a large Jamesons and piece Lindt 90% choc

Reactions: 8 people

jal16

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Had a Lidl high protein roll the other day for lunch, cut in half and split, toasted then spread with Lidl soft herb cheese and turkey from the deli and thin spread of marmite. Hadn't tried the lidl rolls before, but was lovely. Had the same lunch the following day :)

Reactions: 15 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: toasted Ugg bread with avocado & poached eggs
L: chicken slices, salad leaves, coleslaw
D: slice of chocolate fudge cake:oops: Went to friend's after school and stayed later than intended so no time to go home for dinner before going to the cinema. Consequently dinner was coffee and cake during the interval. Have just tested BG levels 2 hours after consumption 8.6:wideyed:

Reactions: 6 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Day 7 / Week 2 of 800 calories BSD - FBG: 5.2 :) (Getting bored now)

Breakfast: None

Lunch: Big plate full of egg, bacon, chipolata sausages, tinned tomatoes, mushrooms and half a Lidl protein roll

Work meal: Tinned tuna with mayo and large leafy salad

Snack/Supper: Little bar of Aldi Moser Roth 75% chocolate

Reactions: 7 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
B - bacon & mayo
L - bacon, sausage, mayo & salad
D - Mackerel pate on half a Lidl roll
S - merlot

Reactions: 14 people

adriangoatseye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Banks
Today my intentions are as follows

100g Blueberries with Onken set yogurt (3.5g carbs per 100g)
200g Raspberries
Chicken Curry made with curry paste, creamed coconut (a very poor 21g per 100g -w ill buy differently next time), extra thick double cream, lemon juice and a pinch of garlic granules. My wife made this and it is lovely.

If I stay on plan and have four mugs of tea then should be around the 90g carbs mark and around 1400 calories. Might a add a little something in later (I like that evening flexibility). 200g baked beans is a possibility because they have high fibre but will take me to 120g Carbs.

Reactions: 15 people

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: flaked almonds, sesame seeds, pumpkins seeds, spoonful of full fat yogurt
L: cucumber, olives, spoonful of hummus, cube of extra mature cheddar
D: griddled haloumi and mushrooms with broccoli

will have a square of 90% dark chocolate later

Reactions: 16 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B1: coffeencream
B2: breakfast in a carvery-pub-full breakfast place. 2 eggs, 2 bacon and a pile of... um... no idea what to call it. Diced potato, onion and cheese. Have tested this before and found it has minimal (way less than 2 mmol/l rise). Same effect today. No idea why, but I'm not messing with a winning combo! :D
B3: coffeencream
L: none
D: doesn't look like i will be needing that, either.

Marvellous.

Edited to add: ended up having berries and cream at 10pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12 people
D

debrasue

B: Coffee with whole milk
L: 3 low-carb chipolatas, fried egg, mushrooms & courgettes
D: Minted lamb chops, cabbage, spinach, asparagus and baked Mediterranean vegetables
S: Corned beef, cheese, almond muffin raspberries
Struggling with the calorie-count today (and yesterday). Carbs are OK - around 40g/day, but cals for the past 2 days have been around 2,000 which is NOT where I want to be at this stage. I don't want to be snacking, either, but I don't know what has sparked me off, because all was going well until yesterday.
:-(

Reactions: 4 people

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Carbs are OK - around 40g/day, but cals for the past 2 days have been around 2,000 which is NOT where I want to be at this stage. I don't want to be snacking, either, but I don't know what has sparked me off, because all was going well until yesterday.
:-(
Me too Debrasue, this week is just weird. 2 months of control gone out the window. I put it down to the weather and its getting time to set the clocks forward. Im always hungry when I do not sleep properly too. Onward and upward tomorrow is another day. We will gain control back.

Reactions: 4 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday
B: Ugg bread toast, avocado, bacon, poached egg
L: Out with friends but went to Caracoli (I think they are a chain) and had proper scotch egg with delicious salad (raw cauli, peppers, cabbage, lentils). Really happy to discover something lovely without bread in a café.
D: Harisa chicken tray bake, this time with the chicken!

Reactions: 11 people
D

debrasue

Me too Debrasue, this week is just weird. 2 months of control gone out the window. I put it down to the weather and its getting time to set the clocks forward. Im always hungry when I do not sleep properly too. Onward and upward tomorrow is another day. We will gain control back.
Hi Kyi - yes we will !!!
If you want to pm me with your food plan for today I'll do the same and maybe we can help and motivate each other to get back on track....