What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Getting the carbs under control seems to be working BG this morning was 6.5. Improvement from the 8’s I was getting last week . I also feel much more energized, so all positives .
Breakfast was 2 slices of livlife bread with 3 seeds peanut butter .
Lunch was coffee and 6 walnut halves
Dinner was an omelette with spring onion cherry toms and Parmesan with avocado salad
Strawberries and clotted cream

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha! I remember you buying those buttons! :D

1pm a lo-dough wrap with chicken, cheese and mayo
Tinned salmon in mayo

The lo-dough was interesting. Mr B is in love. He rang from work to extol its virtues and wants to eat 3 a day.
Told him he can eat 10 a day if he wants to pay for them.
I thought it was ok in a bready way, but it needs really tasty filling to make up for the fact it is kind of tasteless and spongy.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha! I remember you buying those buttons! :D

1pm a lo-dough wrap with chicken, cheese and mayo
Tinned salmon in mayo

The lo-dough was interesting. Mr B is in love. He rang from work to extol its virtues and wants to eat 3 a day.
Told him he can eat 10 a day if he wants to pay for them.
I thought it was ok in a bready way, but it needs really tasty filling to make up for the fact it is kind of tasteless and spongy.
You’ve all made me think I ought to give low dough another try. One of my issues I think which biased me was that I wasn’t a white bread lover always ate seeded dense bread anyway so liv life for me which I now buy is quite close to the bread I used to eat. I do fancy though trying it as a pizza base, for a burger / sausage or a Naan substitute. You must let us Know if your guts behave! They are pricey too but will consider having a trial. It was last October when just setting out on LC and I was a bit puritanical at that stage I also refused to use any artificial sweetners or high percentage choc then.

Reactions: maglil55

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and good evening, hope everyone has had a good day, thinking of @DJC3 hope all went well :)
B feta cheese omelette
L chicken salad with some Brie
Bullet proof coffee and choc olive oil cake when I got home, then worked most of it off as I did a bit of a cleaning blitz, cleaning floors, hoover and dusting etc
D lo dough filled with egg and bacon

Attachments

• A4986977-B266-4364-B1D4-9983C011771E.jpeg
    A4986977-B266-4364-B1D4-9983C011771E.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 369
  • E7D0366B-3FA7-4137-A1C6-928C8B339A4D.jpeg
    E7D0366B-3FA7-4137-A1C6-928C8B339A4D.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 365

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone on this most fabulous of days. Got the all clear on my scan today so I’m feeling on top of the world. Don’t need to worry about it ( my consultant called it ‘scanxiety’ the worry that accompanies the regular scans) for another 6 months. Yipee!

Had a v early breakfast
Scrambled egg, smoked salmon and avocado. Then off we went.
Arrived way too early ( about 1.5hrs early) so had a cup of tea in a cafe.

L: scan complete we had 3 hrs to kill until consultant appt. had a nice mooch round Kensington and peered into the gorgeous houses. Found a Byron burger place and had Chicken club salad. Forgot to ask for dressing on the side but didn’t raise bg too much. ( yes! I remembered to take my bg monitor - to be honest it distracted me so was pleased)

Lots of water to get rid of the dye during the afternoon. We thought of staying in town for dinner but just wanted to get home and relax really.
Picked up a bottle of Champagne on the way and had it while cooking
2 Nakd sausages, fried egg and 2 large mushrooms

Nibbled some olives and celery a bit later when daughter came home with a couple of friends.

Think I’ll sleep better tonight than last night. Consultant said that at 3 yrs I can have a small party, and at 5 yrs I should have a big party! ( I’m 1 yr 3 months at the mo and feeling better than Ever)
Night all and thank you so much for your good wishes.

Reactions: maglil55

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone on this most fabulous of days. Got the all clear on my scan today so I’m feeling on top of the world. Don’t need to worry about it ( my consultant called it ‘scanxiety’ the worry that accompanies the regular scans) for another 6 months. Yipee!

Had a v early breakfast

L: scan complete we had 3 hrs to kill until consultant appt. had a nice mooch round Kensington and peered into the gorgeous houses. Found a Byron burger place and had Chicken club salad. Forgot to ask for dressing on the side but didn’t raise bg too much. ( yes! I remembered to take my bg monitor - to be honest it distracted me so was pleased)

Lots of water to get rid of the dye during the afternoon. We thought of staying in town for dinner but just wanted to get home and relax really.

Nibbled some olives and celery a bit later when daughter came home with a couple of friends.

Think I’ll sleep better tonight than last night. Consultant said that at 3 yrs I can have a small party, and at 5 yrs I should have a big party! ( I’m 1 yr 3 months at the mo and feeling better than Ever)
Wonderful news and such a relief for you and your family, enjoy the feeling :)

Reactions: DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Had a v early breakfast

Absolutely thrilled for you @DJC3 bet you will sleep better tonight. I’ve thought about you a few times today and wondered how it’s been going. You’re doing great and you can start thinking about that party having said that big celebrations are on the cards for weekend I’m sure x

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant news @DJC3 !
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: halloumi chips with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and blueberries.
Mid afternoon: raspberry chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: cheese and mushroom omelette with cauliflower, broccoli and red pepper salad followed by Breyers HP choc ice.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all so much for your good wishes yesterday, you are a lovely bunch of people and I feel glad to know you.
@shelley262 @jayney27 @Brunneria @Rachox @ianpspurs
Ditto, it's so lovely having such strong support and motivation from kindred spirits. As the saying goes "every cloud (Diabetes) has a silver lining" ours was finding each other.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all bit of a muggy day today but just had a downpour and feels a bit fresher plus no watering needed today hurray! Did some cooking today to prepare for a bring a plate party tomorrow evening. I’ve made a Delia four cheese terrine and 50 LC seeded crispbreads - at least there will be something I can eat there!
Breakfast one rasher of bacon and egg
Lunch four seeded crispbreads with cheese and celery followed by thin slice of LC lemon cake and fage yoghurt
Dinner pork ribs, cauliflower cheese and buttered mushrooms with glass of red wine followed by SF lemon and lime jelly and fage yoghurt.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, quiche is back on the menu.

Decided to surprise The Bread Monster (Mr B) with a lo-dough quiche.
Oh my!
I used a single piece of L-d in a 7 inch quiche dish. It had to be rolled a little flatter so it came properly up the sides.
Used chopped salami, ham and a couple of sliced cherry toms. Then blobs of garlic herb cream cheese. 4 eggs and 150ml double cream and grated cheddar.
35 mins at 160degrees.

Mr B is extremely privileged to have half of it left for when he gets home from work.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hot and rainless for the foreseeable. Friday is fish day - is everybody happy? Menu below

6. 20 - 8.10- 2 pints Lemon Green Tea ; hydrate before walk
9.40 Tumeric gold tea after steady 65 min walkies
11..00 Vente Filter coffee (mix of 2 types) 2 tsps inulin and sweetener; Arla lactofree (not soya ) single cream; h/m High fibre chocky toffee bar testing bars ready for trips to see new granddaughters later this month 1st one due next week
14.00 Mackerel salad 1 tsp psyllium husk powder
16.00 Water and diet coke after exercise bike
18 : 40: Salmon fillet; peashoots and flowers; cherry tomatoes; cucumber; spring onions; radish; chia seeds; psyllium husk powder; 10 cal jelly; flaxseed and inulin; extra thick Jersey double cream

Last edited:

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone, the day started a little bit misty but that soon gave way to another beautiful day, hope it continues into the weekend.
Skipped breakfast as I wasn’t hungry, just had a coffee, still plagued by my morning rise, foot in the floor 5.45am 5.7
coffee at 7.30am but was running late and didn’t test again until 11ish 6.7:banghead:
L lo dough as a wrap with mayo and salmon 5.8 at first bite 5.7 2 hrs later :)
Bulletin proof coffee and a choc olive oil cake when I got home
D chicken curry, no rice, cauliflower side dish and one poppadom, usually this meal doesn’t raise my levels too much so will see later, I was 5.2 at first bite

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
@Brunneria I was really interested to read your LoDough quiche experiment. I was thinking along the same lines so will definitely follow in your footsteps.

Early: tea and almond milk - had a bit of a thick head after yesterday’s bubbly if I’m honest!

B: smoked salmon, scrambled egg, avocado. Coffee and cream

L: Mr C suggested lunch out at local bar with a great chef. I chose hot smoked salmon nicoise salad but asked for olive oil instead of the normal dressing. It was lovely but This was the first time I have deliberately and willingly ignored my low carb training - the salad contained a warm, soft boiled CRISPY boiled egg - it was coated in panko breadcrumbs and was absolutely delicious. I had expected a plain hard boiled egg but this was sublime. I thought about trying to scrape off the breadcrumbs for about a second then just thought no! This is lovely and I’m going to enjoy it!
I assumed that when this testing moment came it would be cake or chocolate or chips - not a special sort of egg! Turned out my post meal reading was about +0.7 so pretty good I think.

D: Came back from Sainsburys with scallops and pork tenderloin, both reduced in price, so 4 scallops fried in butter to start , then pork stroganoff with cauli rice and a couple of glasses of red wine.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
@Brunneria I was really interested to read your LoDough quiche experiment. I was thinking along the same lines so will definitely follow in your footsteps.

Early: tea and almond milk - had a bit of a thick head after yesterday’s bubbly if I’m honest!

B: smoked salmon, scrambled egg, avocado. Coffee and cream

L: Mr C suggested lunch out at local bar with a great chef. I chose hot smoked salmon nicoise salad but asked for olive oil instead of the normal dressing. It was lovely but This was the first time I have deliberately and willingly ignored my low carb training - the salad contained a warm, soft boiled CRISPY boiled egg - it was coated in panko breadcrumbs and was absolutely delicious. I had expected a plain hard boiled egg but this was sublime. I thought about trying to scrape off the breadcrumbs for about a second then just thought no! This is lovely and I’m going to enjoy it!
I assumed that when this testing moment came it would be cake or chocolate or chips - not a special sort of egg! Turned out my post meal reading was about +0.7 so pretty good I think.

D: Came back from Sainsburys with scallops and pork tenderloin, both reduced in price, so 4 scallops fried in butter to start , then pork stroganoff with cauli rice and a couple of glasses of red wine.
Perfect day and well deserved :)

Reactions: Brunneria and DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very late posting, I’ve been to a work reunion with the nurses and other staff from the ward where I was nursing before I took early retirement in Aug ‘16. A lot of them I hadn’t seen for nearly two years! I got loads of lovely comments about my weight loss and how young I was looking. Couldn’t help but be proud of myself :happy:

Anyway breakfast:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: one slice of HiLo with cream cheese, ham and watercress followed by Greek yoghurt and blueberries.
Mid afternoon: vanilla chia pudding and a black coffee.
Party food at the reunion: I took chicken Caesar salad and croutons (I just had three croutons!), cocktail sausages x 3, and some cheeses. No desserts I could have, loads of cupcakes and cookies, there were strawberries and cream but the strawberries had been encased in jelly! Who does that :wideyed:

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very late posting, I’ve been to a work reunion with the nurses and other staff from the ward where I was nursing before I took early retirement in Aug ‘16. A lot of them I hadn’t seen for nearly two years! I got loads of lovely comments about my weight loss and how young I was looking. Couldn’t help but be proud of myself :happy:

Anyway breakfast:
Lunch: one slice of HiLo with cream cheese, ham and watercress followed by Greek yoghurt and blueberries.
Mid afternoon: vanilla chia pudding and a black coffee.
Party food at the reunion: I took chicken Caesar salad and croutons (I just had three croutons!), cocktail sausages x 3, and some cheeses. No desserts I could have, loads of cupcakes and cookies, there were strawberries and cream but the strawberries had been encased in jelly! Who does that :wideyed:
Hope you had a good time and I bet you are glowing after all the compliments, it’s a great boost to your morale isn’t it? X

Reactions: ianpspurs