What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Early post as I need to do my warm up routine:angelic: I seem to have my wife's nonspecific bug today playing around with bg levels. The menu may be subject to addition of alcohol later certainly an espresso martini - Kahlua is 11 gms carb per shot. What has been eaten and planned so far included below:
7. 20 - 8.45 - 2 pints Tea with H/M almond milk
11..00 Vente Starbucks Americano with a little soy milk and cinnamon
14.40 Goats in blankets and 3 pints tea with almond milk 2 of them with tsp inulin;
16.45 Pint Pepsi Max
18.15: 80z ultimate burger (gluten free I just noticed); Cheese slice; 40 gms pea shoots; 40 gms watercress; 40 gms H/M garlic mayo; 30 gms chia seeds and 1 tsp psyllium husk seeds; 150 gms raspberries; 2 or 3 spoons extra thick Jersey double cream ( family tradition when England play Croatia in World cup semi final); 2 tbls flaxseed
Its coming home

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha! Yesterday the Paleo Brot (Paleo Bread) mix delivery came. I ordered them for Mr B who is in mourning for his bread, which he recently and reluctantly gave up. So I baked a loaf of it last night and had to try it. He had his toasted with strawberry jam. I had mine spread with Dolce Latte. Very nice indeed in a heavy chewy granary kind of way.
Only trouble was the psyllium husks in it woke me up twice in the night desperately thirsty, so if I have more, it will be accompanied with 2 glassed of water per slice. Not sure how many carbs per slice since the instructions are in German, and it doesn't tell you how many slices per loaf... but I am guessing 2g carbs a slice. Each slice is about 1.5x3 inches. So not huge.

Today:

Midday - 2 very thin PaleoBrot slices each spread with mayo and a thick slab of vintage cheddar. Delicious! But now I am nervous about the fibre consequences...
6pm - the last of the red mince with some cheese on top.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha! Yesterday the Paleo Brot (Paleo Bread) mix delivery came. I ordered them for Mr B who is in mourning for his bread, which he recently and reluctantly gave up. So I baked a loaf of it last night and had to try it. He had his toasted with strawberry jam. I had mine spread with Dolce Latte. Very nice indeed in a heavy chewy granary kind of way.
The Paleo Brot mix sounds just what I am looking for will I just find it if I google? In an update to my earlier post I have resorted to red wine already:banghead: is this the mix? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Organic-Workout-Paleo-Bread-Mix-glutenfree/dp/B00SRNK12O

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all youngest son much better today after a bit of an additional scare first thing today phew! So managed birthday picnic lunch with very close friend in grounds of Worcester cathedral with very relaxing view down river Severn lots of swans to look at! Very relaxing antidote to stress.....
Breakfast scrambled egg and coffee with inulin
Lunch picnic bought m and s rollitos with ham and mangego cheese delicious thank you to who ever recommended these
Dinner two small lamb chops with mix of salads - advocado, radish, walnut and mayo, tomato and basil, and green salad with large glass of therapeutic red wine followed by SF lemon and lime jelly with dollop fage yoghurt
About to have coffee and then follow with mindfulness and gardening whilst everyone is involved in the football madness ! Think garden will be a good retreat whilst leave the chaps to get on with it. I’ll probably just get involved at the end ......

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m so glad your son seems better @shelley262 and you managed your friend’s bday picnic - it sounded lovely.
I’m also in the garden - I just can’t bear to watch, I always think I put a jinx on it by watching! Tv is on though so I can rush in when I hear cheers from surrounding houses.

B: scrambled egg, smoked salmon and avocado. Coffee and cream

Mid morning coffee and cream experiment seemed to have same bg raising effects but I had been out walking for 40 mins or so, so hard to tell.

L: Peppered mackerel with salad of rocket, avocado, 3 Santini toms, walnuts olives and olive oil/ acv dressing.

D: Roast rack of lamb with roast celeriac and buttered cabbage. Glass of red wine now with a spot of cheese.

Tomorrow I’m in London all day for my 6 month scan and cancer check up. I feel so much better these days and doubt there’s anything to worry about but nevertheless I’m quite tense, (and its not just the football) I’ll be glad when it’s over.

Reactions: maglil55

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tomorrow I’m in London all day for my 6 month scan and cancer check up. I feel so much better these days and doubt there’s anything to worry about but nevertheless I’m quite tense, (and its not just the football) I’ll be glad when it’s over.
@DJC3 Hardly surprising and big hugs from me - you are some tough cookie huge respect lady

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m so glad your son seems better @shelley262 and you managed your friend’s bday picnic - it sounded lovely.
I’m also in the garden - I just can’t bear to watch, I always think I put a jinx on it by watching! Tv is on though so I can rush in when I hear cheers from surrounding houses.

Mid morning coffee and cream experiment seemed to have same bg raising effects but I had been out walking for 40 mins or so, so hard to tell.

L: Peppered mackerel with salad of rocket, avocado, 3 Santini toms, walnuts olives and olive oil/ acv dressing.

D: Roast rack of lamb with roast celeriac and buttered cabbage. Glass of red wine now with a spot of cheese.

Good luck in the morning @DJC3 hope it goes well - not surprised you feel tense and I may need more than one glass of red in your position !

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all youngest son much better today after a bit of an additional scare first thing today phew! So managed birthday picnic lunch with very close friend in grounds of Worcester cathedral with very relaxing view down river Severn lots of swans to look at! Very relaxing antidote to stress.....
Breakfast scrambled egg and coffee with inulin
Lunch picnic bought m and s rollitos with ham and mangego cheese delicious thank you to who ever recommended these
Dinner two small lamb chops with mix of salads - advocado, radish, walnut and mayo, tomato and basil, and green salad with large glass of therapeutic red wine followed by SF lemon and lime jelly with dollop fage yoghurt
About to have coffee and then follow with mindfulness and gardening whilst everyone is involved in the football madness ! Think garden will be a good retreat whilst leave the chaps to get on with it. I’ll probably just get involved at the end ......
So pleased you had a lovely day, well deserved I’m sure x

Reactions: ianpspurs

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Best wishes to you for tomorrow, I hope all goes well x

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, I am watching with one eye, too nervous to fully concentrate!
Headache went eventually and weather was cooler so it wasn’t too bad a day
B livlife toasted with peanut butter
L lo dough made as a wrap with roast chicken and salad
Choc olive oil cake when I got home
D beef burger, no bun, chilli pork chop, mushrooms and some leaves

Attachments

• 59493AB0-2C33-48D2-A978-CDCBD4D5C31F.jpeg
    59493AB0-2C33-48D2-A978-CDCBD4D5C31F.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 303
  • 3CD35EAF-3C1D-4616-9643-0199C5CE83EF.jpeg
    3CD35EAF-3C1D-4616-9643-0199C5CE83EF.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 300

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold roast chicken, cauliflower and brocolli salad with Caesar sauce followed by Greek yoghurt and blueberries.
Mid afternoon: orange chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: gammon steak, fried egg, small amount of peas and five home made sweet potato fries followed by dark chocolate and raspberry phd bar (just had a box of 12 arrive from Amazon so couldn’t resist one. My Tesco now only sell the chocolate brownie ones :()

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, I am watching with one eye, too nervous to fully concentrate!
Headache went eventually and weather was cooler so it wasn’t too bad a day
B livlife toasted with peanut butter
L lo dough made as a wrap with roast chicken and salad
Choc olive oil cake when I got home
D beef burger, no bun, chilli pork chop, mushrooms and some leaves

Glad the headache went eventually, the cooler weather hopefully helped.
I still haven’t tried the LoDough - my pack arrived last week but I still have DD rolls to get through. Your wrap looks good though.
Thanks for the good wishes, I’m struggling not to fall back on my ‘eat a lot of chocolate to counteract stress’ mode this evening. 3 HC 100% buttons so far....

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad the headache went eventually, the cooler weather hopefully helped.
I still haven’t tried the LoDough - my pack arrived last week but I still have DD rolls to get through. Your wrap looks good though.
Thanks for the good wishes, I’m struggling not to fall back on my ‘eat a lot of chocolate to counteract stress’ mode this evening. 3 HC 100% buttons so far....
Save the cake for tomorrow to go with your glass or 3 of something lovely to celebrate your good news :happy:

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
I hope tomorrow goes well, DJC3.
B. Tried little pot of M and S Bircher muesli (19g carb). Won't buy another. Black tea, black coffee.
Walked 4 miles to a nice cafe.
L. Goat's cheese and roast vege tart, green bean salad, Greek salad, chickpea and orange pepper salad. Water
Snack. Far too many salted mixed nuts.
D. Vodka, diet peach fizz, lime juice.
Cod with roasted cauliflower and chickpea salad. Yoghurt and stewed rhubarb

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope today has gone well for all - especially @DJC3 with a difficult day planned. Hope not too flat for you football fans....
Breakfast slice of LC bread and boiled egg
Lunch four LC seeded crispbreads with chicken liver pate
Dinner a few walnuts whilst cooking, cauliflower mash, asparagus and trout with lime butter with glass of red wine followed by sf lemon and lime jelly with dollop of fage yoghurt

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today was #chiaseedgate - ran out but nice people from amazon will deliver 2kgs on the morrow. Also amazingly used the 2.5kg bag of 100% cocoa mass buttons I thought we wouldn't possibly use - gone in about 4 months! Also very worried about hormonal problems - I keep singing and playing Sam Smith's Palace song:***: Menu below

7. 20 - 9.45- 3 pints Tea with H/M almond milk
11..00 Vente Filter coffee (mix of 2 types) 2 tsps inulin and 4 tsp double cream
14.00 Bacon hock salad 1 tsp psyllium husk powder (½ my normal salad)
16.00 Waitrose coffee with arla lactofree single cream
18.15: Fluffy omelette 4 eggs, 50 gms chorizo, 100 gms cheddar, 150 gms mushrooms h/m garlic mayo
(I have developed a taste for fluffy omelettes topped with cheese melted under the grill - chorizo just completes the loveliness)

About 22 gms carb say 25 if figures wrong

Last edited: