What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@zauberflote I was looking at my profile settings earlier today on CMT and it appears you can only share the whole recipe if you’ve changed it a bit. Maybe something to do with copyright laws? But its easy enough to click on the link at the top of the recipe to take you to the website
IMG_6959.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Narrow eating window today - whether it was one meal spread out or 2 smaller meals close together I don’t know.
4pm mackerel and avocado salad with walnuts and pumpkin seeds.
5:45 low carb pancakes with crispy bacon and sf maple syrup

On the pancake vs hot cross bun debate, sadly I love both. Hot cross buns are my absolute favourite though and I miss them far more than pancakes.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not quite OMAD as when making Julie's lunch at 14.00 hrs I cut myself some cheese - not sure it is something to feel guilty/sheepish about though. Evening meal was fillet steak, mushrooms, onion,6 cherry tomatoes and a little gem all cooked in butter but mushrooms in their own saucepan. Hungry or tired from tree pollen so had some halo top (mint chip) I found lurking at the back of one of the freezers - 3 tubs (must have been an offer - and some Dr Almond sponge/cake also lurking there. Sponge was good but ice cream had probably been there too long - maybe 9 months - so no surprise I didn't rate it. Obs had plenty of tea and a mug of cocoa and will have 2 v large mugs of tea to fill the gap evening meal didn't.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The hordes of people made it very easy to decide to focus only on the market hall. The bit I hate is having no short cuts to the tills once you’re done. Feels like you’re in a never ending maze.
Oh yes - feels very rat like. I've always thought there has to be an escape route but blowed if I know where it is.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck with #pancakegate. Fortunately, I have never liked pancakes so no big miss there. Hot cross buns are a whole other issue.
You can lower the carb count on hot cross buns but by no means could they be regarded low carb with the fruit/peel etc and they wouldn't be hot cross buns without it. I reckon I could get then to 10g per bun but is the hit worth it?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Well done @Chook on reading this thread whilst fasting so long - must be torture
@Goonergal hope you’re feeling better
@DJC3 and @ianpspurs hope very restricted time eating /Omad has good results - think it’s fairly new method for you @DJC3
I’m still on my 3 small meals as hungry but think it’s starting to settle! Bgs fairly stable though thankfully
Breakfast scrambled eggs with coffee (last attempt at getting used to almond milk but just couldn’t do justdont like taste ended up with replacement mug with some cream!) think trying to swerve the cream hasn’t helped my hunger!
Lunch sardines in olive oil, 5 lc seededcrackers ( used some hemp seed hearts in them ....yum thank you @zauberflote for mentioning them never tried them before but agree bet they make a good couscous replacement) followed by 6 hc 100% buttons
Dinner beef short rib with roast celeriac and squash followed by fage yoghurt with a few raspberries.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You can lower the carb count on hot cross buns but by no means could they be regarded low carb with the fruit/peel etc and they wouldn't be hot cross buns without it. I reckon I could get then to 10g per bun but is the hit worth it?
Basically, if I want one that much I will have one whatever the hit - not at that stage yet but there are a select number - probably 4 or 5 - of foods in that category. I think that is the only sweet one.

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We have made meringues for Eaton Mess in a similar way. The biggest drawback for me is that I really dislike the taste erythritol leaves. Anyone made them with other sweetener as the link implies it is that type of sweetener or none.
I've used Monk Fruit, xylitol and Swerve - depends what I have kicking about. I cant help thinking these sites recommend the brands they are advertising or am I just being a cynic?

Reactions: zauberflote

Kingmidas

I'm sure everyone is sick to death of hearing about pancakes but I did manage some made with coconut flour, after a fashion!

They're delicate little creatures and I had to make them small or they wouldn't flip, they just folded up in a pile. Slightly bready in texture but acceptable. Drenched mine in lemon juice and a sprinkle of erythritol/stevia sweetener. Recipe here (link may not work) http://bit.ly/2KqSAFi
20190305_192745.jpg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey all CMT peeps - (and if you’re not in my recipe circle let me know and I’ll fix it) - when I look at other folks’ recipes, the ingredients are listed, but then it says “cooking directions found at whichever website the recipe was lifted from”. I often edit the author’s directions to suit my kitchen skill-type. What do youall see when you look at one of my recipes?
Same thing but it goes straight away to the recipe when you click the link. What does it do with the lemon pavlova recipe which doesnt have a web link?

Reactions: zauberflote

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@zauberflote I was looking at my profile settings earlier today on CMT and it appears you can only share the whole recipe if you’ve changed it a bit. Maybe something to do with copyright laws? But its easy enough to click on the link at the top of the recipe to take you to the website
View attachment 31658

Oh copyright for sure! But you know, if one of us has made significant adjustments to the method, we would want to know that. We already see any ingredient changes. Some of my changes were simply editing out the breathless Chatty Cathy part, but some of them would result in a better product. Live and learn, eh?

Reactions: Chook and ianpspurs

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you managed it, how are you feeling now?

@Goonergal hope you’re feeling better

Thanks both. No ice at work but managed with cold water from the cooler and some tea with cream. Feeling a bit better but throat still like sandpaper.

Oh yes - feels very rat like. I've always thought there has to be an escape route but blowed if I know where it is.

I’d pay a lot to know where it is! Went back tonight to return a couple of things that weren’t right and get alternatives. 5pm on a Tuesday is far, far more civilised than Sunday morning.

think trying to swerve the cream hasn’t helped my hunger!

Agree!

And to get on topic, no food today - joining @Chook on her fast. 4 cups tea with cream and water. Only hunger was around what would normally be dinner time. Ikea was sufficiently distracting to end the pangs. Planning to fast until dinner tomorrow.

Editing to say ‘meh’ to both pancakes and hot cross buns.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all - super crazy day - just put dinner in the oven but an off out swimming in a minute so will be another’s late meal for me. But, party bags all filled my daughters birthday party Saturday and cake finally purchased so feeling like I’ve achieved a reasonable amount tonight.
Breakfast - 2 coffees
Lunch - sea salt and dark chocolate nut bar with coffee and then 2 babybels
Dinner - will be 3 Lincolnshire sausages and the DD bacon & mushroom casserole which I am way too addicted to

Edited for crazy typos - I did not baby dolls - that would be weird!!!!

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Narrow eating window today - whether it was one meal spread out or 2 smaller meals close together I don’t know.
4pm mackerel and avocado salad with walnuts and pumpkin seeds.
5:45 low carb pancakes with crispy bacon and sf maple syrup

On the pancake vs hot cross bun debate, sadly I love both. Hot cross buns are my absolute favourite though and I miss them far more than pancakes.

Reactions: Chook