Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, late on parade today! Sending hugs into the ether for our lovely @WuTwo ❤️

@SueJB - when I had terrible diabetes management, heat would tank my sugars really badly. Now it’s much better, in that I’ve effectively got non-D BG levels, it makes me run higher. Except on odd days when it doesn’t. @helensaramay ’s stress theory makes sense to me, as I really don’t enjoy hot weather.

I could go and do all sorts of BH activities today, but it’s going to be hot and people-y, so I think I’ll just be chilling at home with mum. Learning how to use my new cutting machine mum’s passing on to me (she’s got a newer one) and having a go at making stuff. I might even get out of pyjamas, but then again, I might not.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Welcome to Summer. The weather's amazing. We carried the dogs to the pub because the pavements were deemed too hot. Lucky we don't have St Bernards. :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Weather is nice, but my diabetes is screaming. :hilarious: While I was doing something else my bf ate two ice creams without me, so I nicked the last one before that one disappears. :hilarious:

Reactions: SueJB

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday's walking shenanigans was a blip! I was awake even earlier than usual, so got up and got walking before the Bank Holiday Amateur Amblers/cyclists, etc all got going along some of my favourite shady walking routes, had a peaceful coffee stop at my preferred place before that got busy, and I've managed 12 miles with no mishaps. I even got some blackberries picked and they are now in the freezer.

The half my usual ratios of insulin until lunchtime worked a treat again. Not yet checked what I've landed in on, but it was feeling promisingly OK.

Have I really got to go back to work later this week?!

Reactions: SueJB

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't like the heat, but at the moment, it's mostly making me run low. Either that or the extra units, one on each dose, of basal I've been officially doing since the clinic appointment ten days ago are slightly too much all the time.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
My numbers are way up! Enjoying the weather just not testing.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Love this weather! Have been in range for 5 days. 4.5-8.5. Will take that! Going to be a shock when it nudges out. Oh and drank lots and had loads of delicious food. Take that diabetes. (Pride comes before a fall!)

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greeting fellow teabags and pumpers.
Not been on a lot recently as still building my decking in between a weekend away at friends. Cos I am not used to manual work not quite there in knowing how much to adjust insulin, so BG have been running a little high over past 7 days. Hopefully it will all be finished tomorrow and I can get back to my normal routines

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Now my dogs BG's have shot up and I have no idea why...................argghhh. She does this off and on for no apparent reason I can figure out most of the time.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Back to work today. Getting up was a pain.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Marie 2 how do you know that? does your dog have diabetes?

Morning all, woke on an 8.2 this morning having corrected a 13 at 3am. I had a small portion of lasagne last night, bolused correctly, didn't sit around yesterday evening which often makes a difference for me, so I've absolutely no idea what that was about. No sign of a hypo on Libre, so it's just one of those suck it up moments I think. Hope you all have a good day even if it is going back to work.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone have a good day
FB_IMG_1561358700927.jpg

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, I managed to forget to do my morning Levemir dose yesterday, which caused a bit of a problem late afternoon, early evening, and then middle of the night, but I survived, I'm still here, and not too much damage was done. Not much at all really, except a bit less sleep than I'd like, and a few too many zigzags on my libre.

That's the first time I've done that since I got the libre, I find it a very useful memory aid, so I might start entering long acting doses again, just to reinforce things.

Got to change sensor today, so unless it is very reliable early on that won't improve my sleep tonight, oh well, never mind.

Anyway, have a good day, everyone.

Reactions: hh1

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends, diabetes woke up on 4.4, not too shabby after a pizza last night. :)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@hh1 yes my dog has diabetes too! I want a CGM for her:( but they don't make them for dogs. She wouldn't keep on the people ones. Eversense has come out with one under the skin for people, I am hoping they develop one for dogs that can be implanted. But probably years away.

This is my Doberman Kai that has diabetes. The new addition is quite healthy!

Reactions: Antje77

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all. What a lush weekend. Love the hot weather and so did my bloods :). Lots of garden sorting on yesterday, sun tan lotion getting my base tan for Turkey. 5 weeks yesterday - getting excited now.

@Marie 2 I seen someone on FB put a Libre on her dog, just had to shave the hair a bit
@Alison54321 if I remember to do it, I usually put my sensor on 24 hours before its due to be changed. The last 2 I have put in late but the readings were spot on. Used to take me a day to stop scanning the wrong arm!!!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Really @porl69? Do you know where she applied it and how she managed to get it to stay on? I could more easily give her corrections if I saw her BGs changing. We test her one to two times a day. I will have to search for it!! Thanks!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hot morning everyone,
Yesterday was blazing and I was at a Foodie Festival with no shade and no shame. Had to pay to get in which is OK if there had been food stalls tempting you with free samples. TBH there were a couple but it really was a load of different food and drink stalls and selling stuff and it wasn't cheap.
I sound like a real scrooge so perhaps it was my expectation that was wrong.... definitely won't be going again.

Today's foray is a walk into Oxford for a Thai businessman's lunch.......... I'm sure they can't call them that any more

Reactions: hh1

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hot morning everyone,
Yesterday was blazing and I was at a Foodie Festival with no shade and no shame. Had to pay to get in which is OK if there had been food stalls tempting you with free samples. TBH there were a couple but it really was a load of different food and drink stalls and selling stuff and it wasn't cheap.
I sound like a real scrooge so perhaps it was my expectation that was wrong.... definitely won't be going again.

Today's foray is a walk into Oxford for a Thai businessman's lunch.......... I'm sure they can't call them that any more
Not sure if I should give a hug or a funny there Sue.