What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Judith's uncle Fred sketched and painted throughout the war.
His painting of the battle of Britain, The sinking of HMS Exeter ,himself and comrades on a Japanes transport ship after being taken prisoner and a sketch of an aircraft
fred Goodwin BB.jpg
Fred Goodwin C.jpg
Fred GoodwinB.jpg
fred goodwinA.jpg

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My father made it through to celebrate VE day with my mother both of them in the Royal Navy sadly my maternal grandfather died in the first year of the war serving in the navy and my fathers cousin a Lieutenant Commander was killed in action on HMS Panther.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: JohnEGreen

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 5.8
At 4am

Temp 36.1

Quite a nice dawn this morning.
Watching the sky since 4am..

Dramatic early morning clouds.

Blackbirds feeding their young.
I have at least two blackbird nests in the garden. The young female blackbird providing worms to the nest by the garage is very small and slender. I came face to face with her yesterday, in the lilac tree by the path, as I was carrying Popeye to the potting shed. So, I was unable to get my phone out of my pocket. We just stared at each other for a full minute or longer. She was less than half a metre away. Popeye's head was just buried in my jacket and he was purring because he knew I was taking him to his favourite spot in the potting shed, and so he was clueless about the wee little female blackbird.

Each year I get to recognise the blackbirds that nest in my garden. Her counterpart male/husband is also quite small too. He sits on the ash tree on his journey back to the nest with worms. But the little brown female blackbird with her mouthful of worms comes in under cover via the lilac tree, the pear tree, through the willow, and into the honeysuckle/clematis bush which is where their nest is.

Take care

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. The fbg on my right arm claims to be 4.9 at 6.30 :meh:. Libre has been reading higher than finger stab but the pups are used to being fed earlier so I cba to check. The small but beautifully formed 12* Metaxa late evening may have helped but a rise of 1 on resting pulse and lower sleep score - typical of what alkerrol does to me - not really a trade off worth making. The BLT and W1 salmon with perfect crispy skin yesterday were DJF. Fed, happy, sleeping pups and very large mug of tea, Julie fast asleep upstairs - domestic bliss. Stay well, safe and be careful in those gardens!
Edit: Pulse rose by 1 not 12:arghh:

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bright and quiet morning the the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of over indulgent celebratory morsels and titbits came all over with a “drop that bunting” 6.1 this am

Phase 2 of Mrs Miggins’ painting and decorating spree is now complete; so, attic room, attic staircase, back bedroom and sitting room all now firmly on the TO DONE list. Meanwhile, while all this skiving has been taking place, I have carefully stripped down an old side table and applied three coats of Danish Oil, carefully tended a vast sea of seedlings, encouraging growth as well as making a selection of delicious low carb pastries and bread products. Grandchildren delivered a tin of cakes yesterday, leaving them on the doorstep before chatting through the window and then running away - contents delicious, 10 out of 10 for effort, 0.1 out of 10 for Grandad to then scoff a couple in order to demonstrate encouragement. The agony I go through to support family in their endeavors.

Anyhow. Have the most wonderful day that you can. Koffy, that essential elixir, is tapping the chimp and demanding attendtion.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bright and quiet morning the the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of over indulgent celebratory morsels and titbits came all over with a “drop that bunting” 6.1 this am

Phase 2 of Mrs Miggins’ painting and decorating spree is now complete; so, attic room, attic staircase, back bedroom and sitting room all now firmly on the TO DONE list. Meanwhile, while all this skiving has been taking place, I have carefully stripped down an old side table and applied three coats of Danish Oil, carefully tended a vast sea of seedlings, encouraging growth as well as making a selection of delicious low carb pastries and bread products. Grandchildren delivered a tin of cakes yesterday, leaving them on the doorstep before chatting through the window and then running away - contents delicious, 10 out of 10 for effort, 0.1 out of 10 for Grandad to then scoff a couple in order to demonstrate encouragement. The agony I go through to support family in their endeavors.

Anyhow. Have the most wonderful day that you can. Koffy, that essential elixir, is tapping the chimp and demanding attendtion.
Delighted to read that you take being a grandparent so seriously but I would expect no less from you. Mrs Miggins sterling efforts sound praiseworthy but trouble me. This dwelling requires decorating and lockdown is a real opportunity. However, I really dislike decorating, it is not the effort as exercise is good IMHO. I just know before I start that the end product won't look professional (the finish on new homes we viewed last year was always superior to DIY) and basically will have taken time, effort and money to reduce the value of our property. Just an aside and minor problem thrown up by COVID.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Delighted to red that you take being a grandparent so seriously but I would expect no less from you. Mrs Miggins sterling efforts sound praiseworthy but trouble me. This dwelling requires decorating and lockdown is a real opportunity. However, I really dislike decorating, it is not the effort as exercise is good IMHO. I just know before I start that the end product won't look professional (the finish on new homes we viewed last year was always superior to DIY) and basically will have taken time, effort and money to reduce the value of our property. Just an aside and minor problem thrown up by COVID.

Mrs Miggins is a dab hand at decorating - proper origami when papering round windows etc., and even up to laying fitted carpets. Me, God loves a trier. My best contribution is to nod, smile and say how marvelous it all looks, even if I have no idea what I am looking at.
I just hope that she does not have plans for the back of the house as I would have to move into the shed.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
09-05-2020
7.40am FBG 5.1
Going to supermarket this morning. Trying out the slightly longer back roads route.
After my scare last trip am observing all safetly precautions and it's taken ages to get ready.
Will be utilising the mask delivered personally by the local Mayor on her bike yesterday. Cannot imagine that happening in UK.
Feeling a bit nervous, finding it difficult to actually go. Keep wanting to tidy one more thing
Should be back by lunchtime.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who aren't panicking to be the first in the queue at their local garden centre.

7.1 again

Well folks today Mrs J and myself hope to join the artists on this thread, yep time to treat the top shed, I say Mrs J, but I have yet to inform her of my plans for her day.