What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. A good day today - have a nice long break this afternoon so will be going across to the pub/restaurant for dinner before evening classes.

So can relax now with another coffee as I don't need to take food with me so one less thing to do before leaving at 9am.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the end of week one of the tier of tears in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of Jewish Penicillin mopped up with some home made bread came in at 5.1 this am

A mixed day yesterday. A good couple of turns round the park and a wander down the beach during the morning. Mrs Miggins developed a poorly tummy in the afternoon which changed the dinner menu to chicken soup - couple of carcasses (not from local mask refusers) -veg, herbs, pressure cooker.

@geefull some successful splodging and a fine watercolour
@Muddy Cyclist - a fine and cheery autumnal splodge and well done for sacrificing yourself to the plum crumble
@ianpspurs - my diem will soon be carped just as soon as I have sanitised my hands.

Following on from yesterday. Once a picture has dried, it can then be turned over, the back carefully brushed with water and then colour applied. Once dried, the colour will show through to the picture. Don’t overdo the water or the paper wanders off to the land of mush.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I must now do the koffy ceremony.

upload_2020-10-19_8-26-31.jpeg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are about to struggle through a week of retirement.

A young fresh 7.2 this morning on the meter of mystery and misbehaving.

My plans for this morning are secret, not even me and me's know. For once neither does Mrs J.

Question: Why can't the self appointed moral leaders of the country keep their noses out of politics? Bishops are best left on the chess board or in the house of Lords.

Have a great day if you can, it is ours to make the best of, talking of making things I need to make a koffy.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist - a fine and cheery autumnal splodge and well done for sacrificing yourself to the plum crumble
Thank you. Sacrifice to Plum Crumble was remarkably easy. :)

Your reversed paper art worked well, I like those subtle colours and grandeur of the scene. Yesterday my friends gave me some home made ink they had made from French Walnuts, having been inspired by your artwork I might give it a dabble today.

Hugs for your good lady with tummy upset, hope she is feeling better.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Apparently New Zealand has better journalists as well as PM
-
the full interview could be a template for dealing with the smarmyrati worldwide.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Derek,
Hug for the restricted calories and I hope your daughter's expert diagnosis proves to be correct. As regards stockbrokers this may be of interest slanted though it is. May be of interest to some of our other friends in The North.
Ian,
I think the red line may not survive being levelled down!
They want to build a so called garden village south of Carlisle. I guess they will fill it with imports wanting cut price homes.

The Methodist church here has quite few retiring people from further south.

A semi in London would buy a decent multi roomed house in Cumbria.

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Dunelm,
Looks like something out of Yosemite.
My working support who also went on the same course to Milpitas reckoned one had a blunt notice at the top the cliff. "If you go in the water here, YOU WILL DIE",
Its funny how the Yanks put things!

I guess you were never tempted by El Capitan?
D.

Good morning everyone from the end of week one of the tier of tears in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of Jewish Penicillin mopped up with some home made bread came in at 5.1 this am

A mixed day yesterday. A good couple of turns round the park and a wander down the beach during the morning. Mrs Miggins developed a poorly tummy in the afternoon which changed the dinner menu to chicken soup - couple of carcasses (not from local mask refusers) -veg, herbs, pressure cooker.

@ianpspurs - my diem will soon be carped just as soon as I have sanitised my hands.

Following on from yesterday. Once a picture has dried, it can then be turned over, the back carefully brushed with water and then colour applied. Once dried, the colour will show through to the picture. Don’t overdo the water or the paper wanders off to the land of mush.

View attachment 44719

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ian,
I think the red line may not survive being levelled down!
They want to build a so called garden village south of Carlisle. I guess they will fill it with imports wanting cut price homes.

The Methodist church here has quite few retiring people from further south.

A semi in London would buy a decent multi roomed house in Cumbria.
Even moving from Cambs to Suffolk - 35 miles - property prices are noticeably cheaper. Cambridge is only 23 miles away along A11/A14.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 44719
Brilliant @dunelm
I am collecting your hints and ideas...
Never thought of putting colour on the back. It can be too bright on the front. By the way I have colour ink sticks as well...and I grind them...on the slate.
That blue looks just the right shade on there.
Great waterfall through the trees...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.2

Okay...
Me back from the depths of the Polish shop near me. It is as enormous as the local Woolies stores used to be in the UK.
In and out in two seconds...nope...didn't happen...

A lot of new stuff had come in. So this was my phone camera on translate.
And I saw a Polish assistant with a clear face mask that looked interesting. Tried asking her about it. Not one word of English. But she was friendly. So a wee bit of miming and she realises I want one. eBay, she says 10 for £10. Good that eBay is a common word in every language ;)

I would need to do a hack with it to make it suitable for me, but going to look in a bit.

I was translating Polish, Russian, other languages and ended up with two baskets for fantastic stuff. I got all the cold meats I needed. Enough so I can go into my hermitage for a month.

One thing I was interested in and had problems translating, so tried asking. No one knew what I was asking, and English was near nil. Eventually a guy came, and he tried (so I ended up with four Polish assistants round me contributing their limited English!). Friendly laughter went on.

I am well stocked on chilled foods that are good for my diabetes for the next month. Probably the this extra circuit breaker lockdown will be on for longer than 3 weeks.

At the till the guy was friendly and helpful, and he laughingly gave me two huge bags of sweets. Which I graciously accepted as usual. But they are no good for my diabetes.

They carried my shopping back to the car for me.

However, the funeral parlour is two doors away, and they have lots of boxes inside to collect food for people who need it. So, I donated the sweets there, before I went home.

A positive morning.

I get home and my birthday present of David Austin rambling scented roses (my birthday was in July, not now!) was by my back door. It was from an internet friend. I have so many friends I have never met face to face!

I need a nap now...a long happy nap...

Here is my painting I did before I went out...in iPastels and Procreate...

69A1B104-0EFD-4070-9499-910E04E42288.jpeg

I need sleep now...oh by the way I brightened up the day of a friend in Liverpool. I sent her a pic of how my face and head was dressed this morning. So, I am doing extra protection because the flu jab nurse was so insistent for my safety that I self isolate for 14 days. Obviously I now needed stuff with this impending circuit breaker lockdown.

I had my face mask on.
I had a protective sunflower snood over it.
Then on my head was a purple wide brimmed hat with one of those soft safety plastic shields all round the brim. I felt like a bee keeper...
I actually bought the hat and clear shield in case I was with someone that needed to lipread. That is why I bought it.

My friend said, if I entered a bank like that a year ago, they would have pressed the panic button for the police to get me, and I would have ended up straitjacketed in the funny farm.

She hasn't stopped laughing...

It takes less than a year for the definition of normal to change...

I do remember reading the newspaper when I was about 10 years old (1959?) and asking my mother why this man had assessed by a psychiatrist and then been locked away in the funny farm, just because he used green ink when he wrote with his fountain pen. I was scared for many years about this, and was very careful never to use green ink. Rebel me now uses green ink...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.2

Okay...
Me back from the depths of the Polish shop near me. It is as enormous as the local Woolies stores used to be in the UK.
In and out in two seconds...nope...didn't happen...

A lot of new stuff had come in. So this was my phone camera on translate.
And I saw a Polish assistant with a clear face mask that looked interesting. Tried asking her about it. Not one word of English. But she was friendly. So a wee bit of miming and she realises I want one. eBay, she says 10 for £10. Good that eBay is a common word in every language ;)

I would need to do a hack with it to make it suitable for me, but going to look in a bit.

I was translating Polish, Russian, other languages and ended up with two baskets for fantastic stuff. I got all the cold meats I needed. Enough so I can go into my hermitage for a month.

One thing I was interested in and had problems translating, so tried asking. No one knew what I was asking, and English was near nil. Eventually a guy came, and he tried (so I ended up with four Polish assistants round me contributing their limited English!). Friendly laughter went on.

I am well stocked on chilled foods that are good for my diabetes for the next month. Probably the this extra circuit breaker lockdown will be on for longer than 3 weeks.

At the till the guy was friendly and helpful, and he laughingly gave me two huge bags of sweets. Which I graciously accepted as usual. But they are no good for my diabetes.

They carried my shopping back to the car for me.

However, the funeral parlour is two doors away, and they have lots of boxes inside to collect food for people who need it. So, I donated the sweets there, before I went home.

A positive morning.

I get home and my birthday present of David Austin rambling scented roses (my birthday was in July, not now!) was by my back door. It was from an internet friend. I have so many friends I have never met face to face!

I need a nap now...a long happy nap...

Here is my painting I did before I went out...in iPastels and Procreate...

View attachment 44722

I need sleep now...oh by the way I brightened up the day of a friend in Liverpool. I sent her a pic of how my face and head was dressed this morning. So, I am doing extra protection because the flu jab nurse was so insistent for my safety that I self isolate for 14 days. Obviously I now needed stuff with this impending circuit breaker lockdown.

I had my face mask on.
I had a protective sunflower snood over it.
Then on my head was a purple wide brimmed hat with one of those soft safety plastic shields all round the brim. I felt like a bee keeper...
I actually bought the hat and clear shield in case I was with someone that needed to lipread. That is why I bought it.

My friend said, if I entered a bank like that a year ago, they would have pressed the panic button for the police to get me, and I would have ended up straitjacketed in the funny farm.

She hasn't stopped laughing...

It takes less than a year for the definition of normal to change...

I do remember reading the newspaper when I was about 10 years old (1959?) and asking my mother why this man had assessed by a psychiatrist and then been locked away in the funny farm, just because he used green ink when he wrote with his fountain pen. I was scared for many years about this, and was very careful never to use green ink. Rebel me now uses green ink...
Sounds like a great morning. You should be ok for your firebreak.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quickie for the masses, thinking on Halloween and not getting sweeties for being a good zombie :)

Anyway here's my Sila (a class of Jinn)

View attachment 44724
A beguiling, deceptively beautiful malicious jinn this one you have drawn is obviously a talented shape shifters.

I met a less attractive Halloween character on my mornings bike ride, @alf_Josiah and I sometime ago posted pictures of characters we pass on our two wheel adventures, the one I pass changes with the seasons, today this is what greeted me....
IMG_3944.JPG

Last week it was dressed for Autumn.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know if this can be verified but in many ways it seems about right:
As few as 10% of people are responsible for 80% of transmission – and that must shape how we tackle this virus. From this piece Understanding how ‘overdispersion’ works is key to controlling Covid Kyra Grantz and Justin Lessler

Last edited: