What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
One does one's best, Derek. One does one's best. Between Johnny Foreigner and The terrible Oiks it is so tiresome. Enjoy your day.
I'll do my best.
Hi Ian,
The service was better today but everyone was asked to switch off their cameras.
It makes association by zoom a little difficult.:)
One of the guys on the zoom was a head of physics, I don't know what he made of muting our cameras?
D.

lindisfel

Expert
I think that is the very highest tiers like Liverpool.
The proviso is you have to continue your house rules in the lower area.
Of course now Offas Dyke has been re-established the welcome in the hillside and in the dales has been withdrawn.
D.
I was under the impression that if u are in a high tier you are not suppose to travel ( unless for work ) In Cardiff we are not allowed out of our area . Tesco is just up the road from where I live but because it is technically in cardiff and the vale we are not allowed to shop there !. If all this wasn't so serious it would be laughable .

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
You should have told them you were a vegan!
I may have told you this, when I used to eat Alpen I found a dead ladybird in a packet. So I wrote to Alpen telling them I preferred my cereal and protein on separate occasions.:)
They rather meanly just sent me a voucher for another packet!

Keeping in touch with family is one of The good sides of technology.

On the water front we have friends in Shropshire who's water comes from a spring, they have to regularly unblock the shower heads as they get bunged up with fresh water shrimps. Often when we have a meal there you can find them swimming around in your water glass, very strange and takes some getting used to.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't mention Montezuma I had a touch of his revenge yesterday and got a delicate inside today.
I hope its not Covid but I have not had the trots for 15 years or so!
Montezuma 's revenge is horrible. Hope it is only a 24 hour bug and not Covid.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think that is the very highest tiers like Liverpool.
The proviso is you have to continue your house rules in the lower area.
Of course now Offas Dyke has been re-established the welcome in the hillside and in the dales has been withdrawn.
D.
All I know is that in wales we are not suppose to travel outside our local area unless its for work or on compassionate ground and fines have been issued .o_O

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning.

Hope you are all feeling well. all the art posted has as usual been superb.

@dunelm I must say I have been enjoying your latest commercial on the TV of late.
@JohnEGreen - it’s a crazy old world. The Prince Bishop of Durham was once considered the King in the North - now it’s that Stark bloke and my alumni is flogging bedding, curtains and god forbid, soft furnishings.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 this morning

usual Sunday dinner at mum's, sausage casserole made with high meat sausage today :) tried making a hybrid sponge pudding for mr gee and his mum, used erythritol and truvia to sweeten and replaced part of the flour with vanilla whey protein powder. Fair to say it was interesting :hilarious: made it in the microwave and it was very spongy when it came out but cooled down to be a bit chewy. think it needed less egg for the quantity I made. Served it up with double cream which helped I think ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Alien Aspie - nice bit of allegorical art :)

@dunelm - another interesting technique, it's amazing how far one brush of ink has taken you. I like it very much :)

@gennepher - hug for the neighbour but winner for your response, I like it.
A good example of how 'cartoon' style art speaks so clearly to us :)

art bit - just the usual sort of thing, tried adding splodges of clear water into the sky to push the wet paint.
upload_2020-10-18_17-32-12.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - hug for the neighbour but winner for your response, I like it.
A good example of how 'cartoon' style art speaks so clearly to us :)

art bit - just the usual sort of thing, tried adding splodges of clear water into the sky to push the wet paint.
upload_2020-10-18_17-32-12-jpeg.44717

Thanks @geefull

A great painting. A peaceful end to the day...

lindisfel

Expert
Well, at least you now know Montezuma sorts out bunged up transit. Very useful to know in these days of doctorless GP (a misnomer now) surgeries, and Pharmacies that have an everlasting queue outside because they only let one person in at a time @lindisfel
;)
I would sooner have my head nipped! Its what they reckon they did when I was young to constipated whippets. :)

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good day of music making and a walk over Fiery Fields, no idea why they are called so, maybe from the historic industry of Ironbridge. I did a very quick Plein Air watercolour when on the walk. 5 minutes as I was walking with friends so a bit of another splodge I'm afraid......
IMG_3942.JPG

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good day of music making and a walk over Fiery Fields, no idea why they are called so, maybe from the historic industry of Ironbridge. I did a very quick Plein Air watercolour when on the walk. 5 minutes as I was walking with friends so a bit of another splodge I'm afraid......
View attachment 44718
Semi abstract splodges are good @Muddy Cyclist
Colourful and cheerful :)

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings fellow T2 management consultants. Doubtless imaginary A and Es near and far will be full of those injured in their latest fall from the mythical wagon. Howbeit, all here continue to chase after said wagon and fight the unseen foe. A humdrum day yesterday (except for the very Spursy football) including taking a haunch of venison from the freezer to make room for a goose. Goodness knows what we will do with all that venison but the goose is for Nov 11. Spread far and wide as we are, may all your diems be well and truly carped.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a not so good 7.1 for me today. Only reason I can think of is indulging out of politeness in a Plum Crumble with an Oat topping served with cream at our friends yesterday lunch time. :)

When the day gets brighter off on a Muddy Cycle ride after which I will drift along and see what the day turns up.

Keep doing whatever you enjoy doing. Keep safe.

lindisfel

Expert
Greetings fellow T2 management consultants. Doubtless imaginary A and Es near and far will be full of those injured in their latest fall from the mythical wagon. Howbeit, all here continue to chase after said wagon and fight the unseen foe. A humdrum day yesterday (except for the very Spursy football) including taking a haunch of venison from the freezer to make room for a goose. Goodness knows what we will do with all that venison but the goose is for Nov 11. Spread far and wide as we are, may all your diems be well and truly carped.

Morning Ian,
I think you should cook the venison, slice it and put in sandwiches and distribute it to the poor stockbrokers of the parish! :)
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning Ian,
I think you should cook the venison, slice it and put in sandwiches and distribute it to the poor stockbrokers of the parish! :)
D.
Derek, the natives here are mostly horny handed sons of toil on the land (some exceptionally wealthy and lacking toil for generations) supplemented by Uncle Sam's finest. We have 2 workmen in this week so that could be a treat. The pups/dogs may be treated to some after becoming Eunuchs on Friday- should give them something else to lick:angelic:

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
No testing today, I must have been on half calories the last two days, so I won't believe my meter. Daughter doesn't think it will be Covid.
Will now gradually increase food intake.

There is a Great Grey Shrike on the Waver estuary I would like to see today, but we've got someone coming to look at the dishwasher.

Difficult theological problems on R.4 this am...theodicy and the morals of breaking international law.

Have a good day and good week everyone
D.

lindisfel

Expert
Natives here are mostly horny handed sons of toil on the land (some exceptionally wealthy and lacking toil for generations) supplemented by hired killers from the USA. We have 2 workmen in this week so that could be a treat. The pups/dogs may be treated to some after becoming Eunuchs on Friday- should give them something else to lick:angelic:
Looks like the dogs and men need something to make them smile!

Reactions: ianpspurs