Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 today (finger prick), but was experimenting with food last night.

I now know chilli con carne and a small portion of rice can have dramatic effects for me as seen on the readings on Freestyle Libre I now have. As a new user it can be quite dramatic seeing your readings rise like that for first time

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 You might swap fbgs but you wouldn't want to be a grumpy old man. You look fine to me and I would wager a fortune your nearest and dearest go all Billy Joel over you!

Hahaha you are such a sweetheart, don’t seem at all grumpy on here - your comments always cheer me up.

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Urban noise, environmental destruction
Good morning. Took three readings at consecutive times. 4.8, 6.1 and 5.8. No idea why different readings.

The meter i have has a tolerance of + - 20%. But it is accurate enough based on the readings against my food records. Maybe out of 20 times i get a weird reading and have to do it 3 times in a row to get three readings that are quite different. I will check back on the food eaten previously, if there is no mistake in the meal, i will not be too worried.

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My father fasting reading is 6.8 this morning. He usually get 5.6-6.5.

By the way, why is it a diet intervented pre diabetic/early diabetic type 2 after 12 hours of fasting cannot get his fasting bg level below 5.5? Shouldnt his body has the whole night to release insulin again and again and he only eat 3 times a day with 30-35g carb per meal.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
6.4 today (finger prick), but was experimenting with food last night.

I now know chilli con carne and a small portion of rice can have dramatic effects for me as seen on the readings on Freestyle Libre I now have. As a new user it can be quite dramatic seeing your readings rise like that for first time

MIck, with cauliflower rice would be better I think or just steam d cauliflower.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My father fasting reading is 6.8 this morning. He usually get 5.6-6.5.

By the way, why is it a diet intervented pre diabetic/early diabetic type 2 after 12 hours of fasting cannot get his fasting bg level below 5.5? Shouldnt his body has the whole night to release insulin again and again and he only eat 3 times a day with 30-35g carb per meal.

In the mornings more hormones spikes up blood glucose from an overactive liver converting proteins into blood glucose , many type 2 seems to have a more overactive liver than non diabetics which is why many wake up to a too High morning number , that combined with eating too many carbs the day before

Reactions: millenium

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
In the mornings more hormones spikes up blood glucose from an overactive liver converting proteins into blood glucose , many type 2 seems to have a more overactive liver than non diabetics which is why many wake up to a too High morning number , that combined with eating too many carbs the day before

Thank you for your guidance.

This morning fg level 6.3.