Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Evening all! Hope you're all well! This may not be the right thread for this post, but I will ask the question anyway.. Does anyone have any experience/feedback or a current user of the FreeStyle Libre? Cheers! Theo
I have used this several times and may just put one on now-ish. For me it is great for trending and seeing potential spikes, but it always reads low for me me e.g. estimating HbA1c's of 22.

Reactions: keefidee

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all! Hope everyone is well! I have run out of strips for my FreStyle Lite.So unable to publish any measurements at present! In fact I am debating with my self, whether to purchase another lot of the strips or just get one of the FreeStyle Libre?
Best wishes to all. Theo

SueAM

Hi, my name is Sue & I am a new memeber here.

I was diagnosed with diabetes T2 in 2001. I am 36 years old & both sides of parents family have a genetic desposition for early onset of T2. My older brother was recently diagnosed.
I am having a hard time since 3 months, in bringing my fasting/post meal glucose levels down to normal. I woke up with a 219 mg/dL as of now.
I am currently taking insulin: long and short acting, along with 500mg metformin (endo reduced it from 2000 a day because of nausea & acid reflux)
I would really appreciate any insight. I am forcing myself to eat lower carbs & less portions of food.
I have quit whatever sweet I would eat often which wasn’t a lot but I know what it can do to sugar levels.
Kindly just help me out. I want to know how long would it take for my levels to go down. I am insulin resistant at the moment. Don’t know whether it’s because of being a female (certain cycle days tend to raise my sugar way high) or just in need of a proper meal plan

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I was diagnosed with diabetes T2 in 2001. I am 36 years old & both sides of parents family have a genetic desposition for early onset of T2. My older brother was recently diagnosed.
I am having a hard time since 3 months, in bringing my fasting/post meal glucose levels down to normal. I woke up with a 219 mg/dL as of now.
I am currently taking insulin: long and short acting, along with 500mg metformin (endo reduced it from 2000 a day because of nausea & acid reflux)
I would really appreciate any insight. I am forcing myself to eat lower carbs & less portions of food.
I have quit whatever sweet I would eat often which wasn’t a lot but I know what it can do to sugar levels.
Kindly just help me out. I want to know how long would it take for my levels to go down. I am insulin resistant at the moment. Don’t know whether it’s because of being a female (certain cycle days tend to raise my sugar way high) or just in need of a proper meal plan

Hi Sue and welcome!

This thread doesn’t get a huge amount of traffic, can I suggest you copy your post and start a new thread in the “Introductions...” sub forum? You’ll find it here - https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/greetings-and-introductions.20/ That’ll give people a chance to respond to you individually.

All the best!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

hey and welcome here Sue, there is really a lot we can do to take control . the most easy way to get blood glucose down in the normal area is to eat a breakfast almost without any carbs in it like : eggs and bacon, avocado and cottage cheeese, cheese and ham (and no bread) , or a salat with cheese cubes along with cucumber red and green peppers and tomatoes and olives, a handful of nuts..

you can also do the low carb eating style by learning to make low carb meals all day long, there are also a lot of delicious treats you can make so you dont feel deprives all delicious foods and treats ...here a link to some inspirations
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/101-healthy-low-carb-recipes

try to stay under 100 grams of carbs daily and you´ll see results pretty soon

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all! Hope everyone is well! I have run out of strips for my FreStyle Lite.So unable to publish any measurements at present! In fact I am debating with my self, whether to purchase another lot of the strips or just get one of the FreeStyle Libre?
Best wishes to all. Theo
i cant test either got strips but performa nano says E9 battery dead..only put two i about a week ago so i think meter has had it

Reactions: Freema and Roulis
D

Deleted member 308541

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, hope you're all good! Got my self some more strips - basically got robbed by Lloyds! Next time I shall not leave it so late to resupply and get the strips on line, a lot cheaper. 5.6 2 hours after my dinner, which included a class of white wine. So far so good, I have managed to keep on course so far this holidays! You all a have a good night! All the best. Theo.