Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
6.3 at 0534... i doubt if i had more than 10 grams of carbs yesterday so a little bit disapointed ... worst run of results for a while..
7 day average ..5.9
14 day aveage ....5.7
30 day average....5.7
90 day average....5.6 (accuchek performa nano) includes random checks before evening meals and some post prandials...
it is what it is i suppose....
Given that your highest ( 7 day) average predicts an HbA1c of 34.6 I'd say you were doing fine :cat:

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Given that your highest ( 7 day) average predicts an HbA1c of 34.6 I'd say you were doing fine :cat:
its just ive been used to and prefer the low fives and its only dawned on me that they seem to arrive after ive had a few beers or red wine...so none during the week for a while and see how it goes.... still about the same as this time last year so nothing to panic about..thanks @LindsayJane ...

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
5.5 @6.30am - that's well good for me. Clearly walking to the pub for 3 pints of strong ale is the way to go. However, the pub was 8 miles away and another 8 miles back - possibly further given my compromised ability to walk a straight line ;-)