What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Yummy almond butter has been figuring in my lunches recently! Peanut butter so much cheaper, and the varieties I get have the exact same carb breakouts - I guess I’ll have to switch the two around every so often.
Glad to see @Rachox you got your gourmet hob-cooked coconut porridge!
I have been sleeping terribly and having horrific awful dreams for a couple of weeks now. U. G. H!!!!!!
Ok bfast
IMG_7240.jpg

I elected not to dump the coffee in on top of things...
Lunch boring old celery, tomatoes, bread with...almond butter! And 3/4 of a piece of Lindt 78%, which has less sugar than all the higher cocoa chocolate in the store! Melty melty in my mouth mmm...
Supper : well, the “I’m too full to eat a meal” was eliminated (ahem) after lunch, so I spent the whole afternoon ravenous and over-ate at supper bc of eating fast,, greens wilted in olive oil and roasted garlic powder, with an egg+egg white cooked in, too big a piece of swiss cheese, and a very small piece of my bread with too much butter. Blerg. But 2 hrs later I was starving. So as hubby ate his supper, I had a generous handful of mixed nuts. Helped some.
Bedtime snack too much yogurt...
It’s the wee hours here, so I’m sure some of you will soon be greeting January 5! Sleep on all ye on my side of the pond!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Unusually quiet in here today.

Popped to Waitrose this morning for cream and a couple of limes. Came home with a large haul of short rib, ribeye, sausages and bone marrow. Short rib and various other meats/fish at a third off. Freezer is now full to overflowing.

Another OMAD day. Dinner was some of the said short rib. Delicious as ever and my appetite seems to be resetting - couldn’t finish it all.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I ate eggs bacon mushroom and a tomato for breakfast with a coffee made with double cream, for lunch I has some grated cheese and a piece of dark chocolate with another coffee made with double cream. tested two hours later and was 5.1 , made broccoli kale cabbage leek and chopped bacon with minced pork cooked in its own juice with some lard which added some fat as I can only get reduced pork mince , Yummy then berries with whipped cream. I'm full as a little egg now :)
That's it for us in this house apart from another coffee made with cream after our evening walk along the sea front :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great Waitrose haul @Goonergal
I’m proud of myself as I avoided Aldi today - even when SIL stopped there briefly, on our way out to walk dogs, to buy a birthday present for his mum (!!!!)
Breakfast was a 1 egg DD breakfast sandwich. Coffee&cream
Out with daughter and her family and dogs most of the day, ended up in Mevagissy mid afternoon cold and hungry so went into first dog friendly cafe we found. Good news is that Huxley was very well behaved and sat nicely to be petted by everyone without jumping up. Bad news was that there was nothing I could eat. Had coffee with milk as no cream other than squirty cream.
Finally home and ravenous ate nuts and a starter of 1/2 avocado and some prawns while chicken cooked in IP, had it with sauteed cabbage and a glass of red. Now I feel uncomfortably full.
Driving back to London tomorrow so packing and tidying up this evening.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Dockey: Lunch; Afternoon: 8 pints tea and 1 mug coffee with cream; flagging a bit so ate 1 slice of flaxseed crispbread and h/m chicken liver pate @ 14.40 - 11.4k steps by then but feels so feeble - not good when you eat the thyme butter on top or pate on its own! Watched Tigers Gloucester in the warm - lazy but nice
Evening meal: Salmon fillet - crisp skin; avocados and jarlsberg (2 slices extra mature cheddar waiting for dinner) salad (all normal salad ingredients + fennel and plenty of chia seeds); 10 cal raspberry jelly and jersey extra thick double cream (another odd weak moment)
Enjoyed brassica topiary, splitting and stocking up with logs then dog walk + taking down external decs up to 14.40; 2 days of colder weather and I “lose my shape” Hope everyone had good days

Last edited:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Grey, dull day here in Yorkshire today. One to be spent snuggled reading in front of the fire with a cup or two of Asda's lemon meringue tea. V. nice.

Breakfast: Kippers and scrambled eggs (from Tesco this time and nothing like as nice as the M&S ones.)

Lunch: Cheese scone (low carb) straight out of the oven with rather too much butter which melted and dripped down the front of my new top.

DInner: Mr C cooked - Lamb ribs, pork ribs, chicken drumsticks and very garlicy aubergine mash - very full now - dessert was a square of 85%

Drinks: Black coffee until lunchtime then water or lemon meringue tea until dinner. Glass of red with dinner and probably another one this evening.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Breakfast sausage, bacon and egg
Lunch veggie soup and lc cheese scone ( baked a batch so froze some as well I think they taste better than high carb cheese scones and OH agrees.)
Dinner beef curry with stir fried cauliflower rice with mushrooms followed by lc lemon and lime mousse.
@DJC3 safe journey to London tomorrow hope traffic is light for you at least weather is good for Jan
@Goonergal looks like your carnivore woe is going well.
Have a good evening all.

Last edited:

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Taking the Xmas decorations down turned into a 6hr major overhaul of the house. Tip run needed tomorrow now!
Breakfast - 2 pork sausages, 3 roasted cherry tomatoes and scrambled egg with cheese (not enough cheese as it turns out) with a cup of tea
Mid morning snack - a square of green & blacks mint chocolate with a coffe
No lunch
Late afternoon snack - 20g salted peanuts and a slice of extra nature cheese
Dinner - well I promised a new meal a week this year and so I’ve left it till the last possible moment but cooked tonight the following
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/kristies-chicken-philly-cheesesteak-casserole/servings/4
And it was IMHO amazing! Tastiest thing I’ve eaten for a long time - served mine with some lettuce and a spoon of coleslaw. And it’s a huge hit with the rest of the family so definitely a keeper :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: halloumi chips with leafy salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: LC ‘Bounty’ and black coffee.
Dinner: chorizo and Gouda rollitos with cauliflower and broccoli salad, coleslaw and pork scratchings followed by LC carrot cake and cream.

TrendyD

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello

Breakfast strawberry protein shake with semi skim milk.

lunch tuna steak salad with full fat mayo & Yeo valley yogurt.

Dinner fillet steak with a cream & mushroom sauce & salad. Few strawberries & cream for desert.

2L of water with sliced lemon.

I know the breakfast is bad but it,s my first day on my low carb journey & I set a starting goal of 100g of carbs max! I’ve ended on around 94. I’d usually be over double this!

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cold, busy, hungry day today
B - LC lemon shortbread
L- 3 boiled eggs with garlic mayo
D - lamb, mushroom & courgette curry with 2 josephs pita bread
Snacky things - Adonis bar, 8 smoked almonds, 10g 85% dark chocolate, couple of strawberries
My latest gadget ( electric omelette maker) arrived so I started on the principle of “1 in 1 out” but that turned into “1 in 4 out” - the juicer, yogurt maker, electric spiralizer and George Forman grill that have been languishing in my cupboards for far too long are now sat outside waiting for passing foot traffic to help themselces - rarely takes more than 12 hours for things to find a home round here.
Now Ive got a half empty cupboard, my minds already rumminating on what to a) remove next and b) what to buy next.
Mind you theres still the 2 nespresso machines ( I used to have 1 for home and 1 for work!) , the magimix food processor, the food steamer, the Vitamix, the magimix gelato machine, the Krups coffee grinder, the slow cooker, the nutribullet and the magimix mini chopper to adore / cull
Havnt had time to use MFP today so Im guesstimating around 40g carb and 16 -1700 cals for the day

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cold, busy, hungry day today
B - LC lemon shortbread
L- 3 bolied eggs with garlic mayo
D - lamb, mushroom & courgette curry with 2 josephs pita bread
Snacky things - Adonis bar, 8 smoked almonds, 10g 85% dark chocolate, couple of strawberries
My latest gadget ( electric omelette maker) arrived so I started on the principle of “1 in 1 out” but that turned into “1 in 4 out” - the juicer, yogurt maker, electric spiralizer and George Forman grill that have been languishing in my cupboards for far too long are now sat outside waiting for passing foot traffic to help themselces - rarely takes more than 12 hours for things to find a home round here.
Now Ive got a half empty cupboard, my minds already rumminating on what to a) remove next and b) what to buy next.
Mind you theres still the 2 nespresso machines ( I used to have 1 for home and 1 for work!) , the magimix food processor, the food steamer, the Vitamix, the magimix gelato machine, the Krups coffee grinder, the slow cooker, the nutribullet and the magimix mini chopper to adore / cull
Havnt had time to use MFP today so Im guesstimating around 40g carb and 16 -1700 cals for the day

Ooh such a lot of gadgets! Wish I lived near you - I’d be pacing outside all week in anticipation.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello

Dinner fillet steak with a cream & mushroom sauce & salad. Few strawberries & cream for desert.

I know the breakfast is bad but it,s my first day on my low carb journey & I set a starting goal of 100g of carbs max! I’ve ended on around 94. I’d usually be over double this!

Well done on making a start with lchf. Stick around and you’ll pick up loads of useful info and recipe tips. Good luck with it, I’m sure you’ll soon get to love this WOE like most of us here do.

Reactions: zauberflote

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello

Welcome to this thread the more you find out about carb content and just how much wonderful food you can eat you’ll be flying along - look forward to reading your menus.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eventually went to bed on 7.8 and awoke to an FBG of 6.7 and no silly increases. Busy day. Ended up going shopping twice as son couldn't go until later as DIL working.
B. Made bacon and egg breakfast muffin ( a muffin sized version of one of the buffet nibbles I suggested @DJC3). Made the bacon 'cup' with rolled out bacon and filled with an egg mix of chopped tomato, beaten egg, parsley, touch of cream and cheese on top. Bake in oven - it puffs up - about 15 mins. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing was mid shop.
D. Stuck with my easy regular of cold cuts - slice each ox tongue, roast pork, tiny bit roast beef and Turkey. Veg chips and coleslaw. Scoop of halo top and 4 raspberries.
BGs are behaving so far thank goodness.