What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good the sofa fitted, @Goonergal
and i understand the bread lust, @Jaz006 ...had that myself for a few months.

so breakfast i showed earlier,
shopping the thought i had rice i should be able to eat, put me in mind for a curry.
bought some chicken bits
thought i had a thai style curry, nope...had kung po chicken, and none of the other ingredients,..:sorry:

but i ploughed on...use onions, leeks & tomatoes...eclectic mix but worked,
we both liked it.

the "slim rice"..have to rinse it first several times...mmhh
used to do that before cooking rice to get rid of some starch...but this smells...like fish or its off.
rinsing almost eliminated it, but not quite.

M/W for a min..texture is sort of rubbery...didn't fancy it.
But missus worked it into the sauce, so i tried and kind of worked ok..but more as a filler.
not sure i'd be picking the last little bits off the plate like i would with real rice..but it
sufficed.

5.7 before..bang on 7 ..2 hours later.
would i get again..yeah probably, not a fan of cauli rice.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Out today.
Lunch, Nando , half a chicken, some water.
Dinner in a pub; black pudding and poached egg starter (binned the muffin). Roast pork with cracklin (binned everything else). Some Merlot.
Always interesting to see waiters faces when you just eat the meat and leave everything else.

Last edited:

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Jaz006 I admire a person who has conviction! Keep us posted you it goes
@Goonergal hurray the sofa!!
@Rachox shall we come form a congo line to entertain you? Sorry you’re stuck, but I’ve been discharged on a weekend once, so may your luck be the same!
@maglil55 don’t think mint will ever be a favorite for me. My sister and I swiped and ate a whole box of Peppermint Patty type chocolate mints at a relative’s house when very young, and were enormously sick on the long ride home. Can’t look a peppermint chocolate in the face to this day.

This morning I was desperate for some really fast bread type thing to take with me with Quiche to Mom’s where bro was. Found microwave mug bread recipe and it will turn into a genius brilliant fabulous keeper! Sliced thin and “twice-baked” into a crisper texture, it was loved by both my peeps and me. Took 5 minutes to make, and another 15-25 (not really sure) in the toaster oven crisping up. I put it in my CMT, and will work on it some more.
View attachment 31363
Bfast 1/2 avocado, egg, decaf/soy/cream
Lunch onion 3-cheese crustless quiche, celery, cuke
Mary Poppins was a sensory disaster so we left...
Supper at a restaurant we three really like. Baked sea bass with a sweet pineappley salady side and some green tomato salsa. I talked them into giving me the roasted brussels sprouts for a side dish (they were only listed as an ingredient in some dish) and, drum roll.... a few tbsp of super decadent chocolate gelato. Sweeter than I remembered, but had I been alone I would have eaten it all I’m pretty sure. Glad I was in company!
Leftover quiche for snack. Stress eating again.
Somewhere it’s spring: I’ve seen it said on here!!

Last edited:

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Well. “I don’t have permission” to see my toast image up there. Just got software update on phone. Was that it?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well. “I don’t have permission” to see my toast image up there. Just got software update on phone. Was that it?

I don't have permissins to see it either, so may be worth deleting it and tryong again?

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I don't have permissins to see it either, so may be worth deleting it and tryong again?

I just had an “internal crash” that wanted to send an error report to Tapatalk, so I sent it. Also lost a draft in the process. Maybe it’s not us. Already deleted and retried, but will try again here:
IMG_7598.jpg

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
There! Who knows what happened. It’s the re-toasted microwave bread from post #23853

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@dunelm Cinderella’s other stepsister was female, and the part was such a broad parody that it could only have been so. Probably this interp is very geographically specific and would not play to all locations, Peoria for example...

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Ha!ha! Almond butter - bought some from a link posted here. 30g x 5 sachets.
Almond butter made by Meridan, (not sure of spelling, not at home, so can't check) available in Lidl, also cashew butter. Both are pure, nothing but the nuts.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Breakfast tea,and more tea
Lunch: kippers, 2 hash browns few fried mushrooms, tea.
Snack six dried apricots, 30g pecans, coffee
Dinner prawn cocktail, 3 tiny duck spring rolls.
Coffee
Now this is looking more like other people's posts.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn’t have time to post yesterday so before I forget what I had....
No breakfast as I had an appointment with a personal trainer at my daughter’s gym ( didn’t have to pay!)
Lunch: DD breakfast sandwich then off on the convoluted journey to Croydon for a surprise bday party.
Met up with friends at the hotel and had some cheese and olives late afternoon.
I assumed there would be a buffet at the do, and that none of the food would be suitable for me, I was right. Tried a sausage but I think it was honey basted so left the rest and just ate the middle of a slice of quiche. Piled plate with salad leaves so it didn’t look like I wasn’t having anything. 2 gin and sodas to drink.
Quite hungry all evening.

@Goonergal what a relief about the sofa!
@zauberflote is your toast on CMT? It looks really good.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Made some good bread yesterday. It was like Irish brown soda bread in texture. I replaced the Hemp flour with coconut flour as recipe suggests and did it in a 2 lb loaf tin which meant it wasnt really high and cuts more like wide strips than slices. A smaller loaf tin would probs work better. A keeper for me though.

http://eatdrinkpaleo.com.au/low-carb-paleo-bread-with-hemp-seed-flour/

Last night cooked Jamie Olivers beef strogonoff which went down a storm.
Served with celeriac mash gave me good numbers too.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Made some good bread yesterday. It was like Irish brown soda bread in texture. I replaced the Hemp flour with coconut flour as recipe suggests and did it in a 2 lb loaf tin which meant it wasnt really high and cuts more like wide strips than slices. A smaller loaf tin would probs work better. A keeper for me though.

http://eatdrinkpaleo.com.au/low-carb-paleo-bread-with-hemp-seed-flour/

Last night cooked Jamie Olivers beef strogonoff which went down a storm.
Served with celeriac mash gave me good numbers too.
Thanks for link will copy me that and give it a go sometime

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just goes to show beauty really is in the eye of the beholder! I found it very similar to the brown “cake” bread of my childhood in Ireland.
The cake bread description is actually spot on - too cake like for my taste. Toasted and heavily covered in Marmite was passable but I can easily see how it would remind you of cake bread.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes it is better suited to eating with soup or just tea.. Would be lovely with marmalade (if only). Have a jar of Deurrs half sugar unopened in the cupboard bought in my early fickle days. Nobody in Ireland toasts brown cake bread btw.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
L. M and S nutty, whole food salad
Snack. Quinoa scone with butter and black tea (cafe)
D. Green peppercorn tofu stirfry with green beans and sugar snap peas, rhubarb Greek yoghurt, roasted nuts, diet tonic
B. Boiled egg, HiLo toast with butter and vegemite.

How not to eat - for me anyway. I was out on Friday evening at a venue chosen by the guest of honour. Meal ended up being gin and (full sugar) tonic, whitebait, battered cod and a very small piece of birthday cake. I felt rough for the next 12 hours but it was a good reminder of what can happen when I take my eye off the ball and let other people buy drinks etc. A salutary lesson!

Last edited: