What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: fried eggs, bacon and cherry tomatoes followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon at Nero’s: coconut cappuccino and a Jaffa Carb Killa bar.
Dinner out at pub: rump steak, two onion rings, 1/2 grilled tomato and side salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola at home.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Todays food as follows.
Breakfast: slice HiLo toast, butter, tea x3.
Lunch: 2 egg mayo and Little Gem leaves.
Supper: out to Indian restaurant with friends. 1 popadom. Tandoori dry prawns. Cauliflower Bhajee. 1 Diet Coke, water. Coffee.

Viv19

Tea
Breakfast 2 poached eggs, toasted LC roll. A little hm black currant jam on one half. Cwc
Lunch nuts, 2 slices LC bread with assorted cheese. Berries- didn’t have any yoghurt but had ‘schmand.’ It’s a lower fat milder version of creme fraiche but thick. Tasted good and rather naughty.
Tea.
Evening at Lantern festival in town. Music, beer festival tables, lots of eating and drinking. It’s either huge amounts of meat, or jumbo pretzels, chips, etc. i had some sliced cheese but it wasn’t good, became hot and greasy, so I just concentrated on drinking - lots of white wine spritzers, then a bottle of water. I know, it’s sad.
I’ve finally remembered to put on some yoghurt for tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Seafood platter at the bowls club bistro, several low carb beers.
Dinner: Pork chops and veggies, gravy.
Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelette, cooking bacon, tomatoes that the possums missed, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee / tea no additives, beer, water.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I ask has anyone used Fibreflour? HiLo isnt selling well at my Sainsburys and I am worried they will stop stocking it. Also if this flour worked well for bread it might be useful for other things. I really cant eat nut flour bread or eggy tasting bread. @maglil55 any ideas you being the Domestic Goddess of the site? TIA

Reactions: maglil55 and Viv19

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast was 1 slice of bacon and 2 fried eggs plus tea.
Lunch is going to be strawberries and cream
Dinner will be something with the smoked mackerel that I bought the other day when I got to do some shopping. Don't want to make kedgeree, which is what I would normally make with sm mackerel - probably a salad of some sort.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: Viv19 and gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eaten today

Mixed nuts and bits dark chocolate

Fried eggs and corned beef

An apple sliced, without the skin, but I was having difficulty swallowing it (I do have swallowing problems), it was sticking in my throat, water wasn't helping, so I got some 70% chocolate and that smoothed it down.

Fried broccoli in butter, and onions as well. A tiny bit of melted cheese on the top

That's it. I ate this in a 7:30 am window to 1:30 pm.
No more food until tomorrow morning.

Black coffee x2
Tea and more tea
Water...

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Annb - As @Rachox is suggesting kedgeree works really well with cauliflower rice. I had given it a whirl, before I saw and recipes, just by stir frying the rice, with the spices, the adding the fish as it's just about done to cook it (I tend to use smoked haddock), then add the eggs as I'm about to serve.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tea
Breakfast 2 poached eggs, toasted LC roll. A little hm black currant jam on one half. Cwc
Lunch nuts, 2 slices LC bread with assorted cheese. Berries- didn’t have any yoghurt but had ‘schmand.’ It’s a lower fat milder version of creme fraiche but thick. Tasted good and rather naughty.
Tea.
Evening at Lantern festival in town. Music, beer festival tables, lots of eating and drinking. It’s either huge amounts of meat, or jumbo pretzels, chips, etc. i had some sliced cheese but it wasn’t good, became hot and greasy, so I just concentrated on drinking - lots of white wine spritzers, then a bottle of water. I know, it’s sad.
I’ve finally remembered to put on some yoghurt for tomorrow.

Viv - isn't schmand just sour cream, or very close to sour cream?

A person in this hacienda (that would be me) has been known to use sour cream where one might expect thick double cream. I find it quite sweet, although MrB prefers "proper" ex-thick double cream.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you not wanting to make kedgeree because rice is high carb? If so can I suggest this recipe which uses cauliflower rice instead:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...eals-half-hour-Cauliflower-rice-kedgeree.html
:hungry:
Are you not wanting to make kedgeree because rice is high carb? If so can I suggest this recipe which uses cauliflower rice instead:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...eals-half-hour-Cauliflower-rice-kedgeree.html
:hungry:

What I should have said was I didn't want to make cauliflower "rice" kedgeree. It really upset me the last time I made it. That's why I didn't want to make kedgeree. I'm putting a salad together with whatever veg I can find in the fridge and I'll have the mackerel cold with that.

Reactions: Viv19

mouseee

Bacon in flat bread for breakfast.

Lunch was my 'amazing' moment of the day. We have a market near us which has loads of cool food stands. I love the 'Halloumi man' who sells... yep... Halloumi. His halloumi fries have no coating so great carbs. A drizzle of yogurt dressing and a few pomegranate bits on top. I said no to the pomegranate molasses.

So now I have a nice lunch to have when I go into town.

Huge salad with a few bits of steak. Yum.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What I should have said was I didn't want to make cauliflower "rice" kedgeree. It really upset me the last time I made it. That's why I didn't want to make kedgeree. I'm putting a salad together with whatever veg I can find in the fridge and I'll have the mackerel cold with that.
Thats a pity Ann as cauli rice is quite useful. I prefer to buy it from Iceland in little frozen pouches, they also do a green version but I am guessing you have a delicate tum? But choose whatever above ground veg you can to,erate and match it with protein of choice. I remember you didnt make it to the shops on Sat but hope you have a store of some sort near home.
Thanks @Rachox for the kedgeree recipe anyway.

Reactions: Viv19

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wet, cold and no sport I want to watch which would have been an eating day once upon a time. Today was no B except tea. NE1 was h/b egg and avocado salad. NE2 was tin of mackerel in EVO, cucumber, 1 vine tomato and grated cheddar. Also had Fage 5% and 10 cal jelly. Quite functional which, IMHO, is all food needs to be.

Viv19

Viv - isn't schmand just sour cream, or very close to sour cream?

A person in this hacienda (that would be me) has been known to use sour cream where one might expect thick double cream. I find it quite sweet, although MrB prefers "proper" ex-thick double cream.

It is close to sour cream. I bought it for a sauce but it was rather too thick. As a thick double cream substitute it was rather good, hardly sour at all.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

OMAD day today after waaay too much food after I was supposed to have stopped eating yesterday.

Long canal walk to the Emirates for a double header (women vs Bayern Munich and men vs Lyon; both lost!). Followed by post match Nando’s - two plain legs with a side of Halloumi. Extra thick double cream with almond butter and 15g 92% American chocolate once home.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

OMAD day today after waaay too much food after I was supposed to have stopped eating yesterday.

Long canal walk to the Emirates for a double header (women vs Bayern Munich and men vs Lyon; both lost!). Followed by post match Nando’s - two plain legs with a side of Halloumi. Extra thick double cream with almond butter and 15g 92% American chocolate once home.
Sorry but shameless like for both teams lost. Am I a bad person?:angelic:

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Heavenly weather here - cool, grey, overcast with gentle summer rain, for a few mins here and there.
Perfect for me, the dogs and our walk.

B: bacon and egg sitting outside park cafe. Dogs got lots of attention. No 3 is showing a shocking interest in playing Fetch. I can work with that. Nos 1 and 2 have both got this attitude

upload_2019-7-28_20-18-44.jpeg

L: baked salmon
D: 3 sausages

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-28_20-17-43.jpeg
    upload_2019-7-28_20-17-43.jpeg
    13.3 KB · Views: 269
  • upload_2019-7-28_20-18-37.jpeg
    upload_2019-7-28_20-18-37.jpeg
    9.3 KB · Views: 243