What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Breakfast/brunch made mushroom, tomatoes and herb omelette and 2 mugs of black coffee.

Then packed my suitcase Packed my car then drove down to mums place as spending a few days/ night there to help out with looking after mum whilst my sister can go for a medical appointment tomorrow.

A/T my sister made me black coffee and I was a bit hungry but she only had timtam biscuits so had one.

Dinner my sister made Lamb kaftas cooked with tomatoes and potatoes so had 2 kaftas and 1/2 potatoe and small spoon of rice. Then my sister made Dessert my sister made kanefah a Lebanese dessert it's so hard to so no and had a slice whilst watching masterchef Australia. I seem to always overdo carbs and sweets when at my mums as that's basically the main part of their meals and its complicated to bring my own meals with me although I do eat carbs at home but not as much as I do when I am here.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the podcast @shelley262 I will watch later. I think you made the right phone choice too if camera is a priority. Daughter’s partner got the same for the same reason - she’s a great photographer and is really pleased with it.
@maglil55 yay for the car, it must be a wonderful feeling after all your car issues in the last few months.
@annabell1 hugs for the problems of family eating. I think we all know that sort of situation, it’s often easier to eat what is on offer and if it’s only for a couple of days you will soon get back on track.
Today I had 1st meal at 2pm - LoDough wrap containing leftover gammon, h/m mayo and salad then DGF brownie and cream.
2nd meal 6:30 was bacon wrapped chicken breast stuffed with cheese, cream cheese and sun blush tomato. Served with roast veg ( aubergine, courgette, peppers, red onion) 1 glass red.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 7.1 FBG 7.9 - woke up at 4.30am and took 1.5 hrs to get back to sleep with the wind and rain. @Goonergal that's some walking. Well done you. London marathon 2021? @shelley262 - what mobile did you get? I kept the older Samsung S7 which worked with the Libre. S9 + is hopeless with it.
I finally got my car today. It's very big. It was lovely to come back on the bypass without fear of it breaking down. I'll need some time tomorrow to set the tech up but I knew enough to get the mobile connected. Felt as if a weight had been lifted coming back.
B. TAG and 2 GF crackers and Dairylea.
L. 1 tomato sausage and a fried egg.
D. Chilli beef stir fry and cauliflower rice. 2 squares of Lidl 85% and a DGF bakewell.

I'll go to bed happy tonight. Tomorrow I'll be checking where everything is.
Happy motoring!

Reactions: maglil55

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
usual brunch - full fat greek yoghurt with berries and double cream.

Dinner - used up 3 chicken drumsticks with nandos peri peri garlic sauce, side salad and dollop of coleslaw, also slice of low carb bread & butter.

Just had a boiled egg as was feeling a bit peckish - that's the only thing with salad it fills you up at the time but doesn't fill me up for the rest of the night. :hungry:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi well done on your two meals. My OMAD was accidental yesterday and two or three small meals is what I usually do to maintain weight and low bgs - although even when I eat three small meals I always stick to fasting for a set period. Most days I never eat after 6pm just drink weak black tea and then don’t eat first meal before 10am. If for social reasons I eat later I’d tend to skip breakfast. I find too if have to leave home early a breakfast skip is what happens. Skipping breakfast though sometimes means higher bgs for me during morning whereas skipping lunch dosent impact my bgs!
shelley262 - have fun with the new phone - happy days! :happy:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just got to get the size of my meals under control. I can't skip breakfast (BGs just go up and up) but maybe I can experiment with reducing it. I MUST however do something about the evening meal. I still eat for the active me that I was before the arthritis kicked in.
Chook - I keep forgetting about portion size too :hungry:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my covid 19 screening questions today to prepare for my dental treatment tomorrow when I’ll be in dentists chair for an hour and gather they'll all be wearing full PPE. It will be odd but I’m so relieved to be starting treatment, the tooth was removed in early December and should have been done in March - won’t like the paying though! It’s all the prep tomorrow and then bridge fitted hopefully in two weeks.
@PenguinMum - its not belated your anniversary wish it’s early as it’s not until mid July and we are still hoping to be away in Wales then to celebrate it! @maglil55 was the one entitled to the belated wishes although we do share the number if not the date as we are both at our 45th wedding anniversary which I gather is the sapphire anniversary - but think it may be Bombay sapphire gin rather than the jewel for us - not checked price of sapphires but they sound pricey!
Brunch slice of low carb toast and buttered scrambled eggs
Dinner chilli chicken with salads and celeriac chips with a spritzer very diluted dry white wine mixed with soda water followed by a few raspberries and strawberries from my garden and 5% Greek yoghurt.
May be OMAD tomorrow because of dental treatment!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: strawberries, cream and vanilla and raspberry low carb granola washed down with a black coffee.
Elevensies: black coffee and white chocolate phd bar.
Lunch: 2 x slices of ham and two cherry tomatoes followed by Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Dinner: lamb balti curry with cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and raspberries.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
So found this today is this why I'm having trouble

https://www.dietdoctor.com/top-tips-lose-weight-low-carb-women-40

Still at mums breakfast at 8am BSL 5.6 mmol/L had grilled 2 slices of white bread with cheese black coffee bsl 2 hours raise to 12.6 mmol/L lunch had
Bsl 5.6 mmol/L had Leftovers 2 x kafta meat 1 wedge potatoe and small spoon of rice.
Bsl before dinner 4.7 mmol/L
Dinner chicken chips some lettuce and 1/2 tomato and doom garlic sauce. Just got given toblerone icecream oh dear I'm going home tomorrow night then can get back to trying eating as best I can lchf. It is what it is but it makes you realise why the SAD diet guidelines are so wrong.edited to say wish I didn't eat the toblerone icecream I felt like I was eating a bowl of sugar was so sickly sweet I'm now gulping water down to try and wash it out my system.

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55 and Chook

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
Had my covid 19 screening questions today to prepare for my dental treatment tomorrow when I’ll be in dentists chair for an hour and gather they'll all be wearing full PPE. It will be odd but I’m so relieved to be starting treatment, the tooth was removed in early December and should have been done in March - won’t like the paying though! It’s all the prep tomorrow and then bridge fitted hopefully in two weeks.
@PenguinMum - its not belated your anniversary wish it’s early as it’s not until mid July and we are still hoping to be away in Wales then to celebrate it! @maglil55 was the one entitled to the belated wishes although we do share the number if not the date as we are both at our 45th wedding anniversary which I gather is the sapphire anniversary - but think it may be Bombay sapphire gin rather than the jewel for us - not checked price of sapphires but they sound pricey!
Brunch slice of low carb toast and buttered scrambled eggs
Dinner chilli chicken with salads and celeriac chips with a spritzer very diluted dry white wine mixed with soda water followed by a few raspberries and strawberries from my garden and 5% Greek yoghurt.
May be OMAD tomorrow because of dental treatment!
I hear you had same thing recently for a crown so far have temporarily one and in 3 weeks get the proper zicronin crown its costing a fortune.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@shelley262 - it is indeed sapphire. To be fair Hubby did get me a sapphire & diamond ring for my 50th birthday and a bracelet as well many moons ago. I agree Bombay Sapphire is probably more acceptable now. Thanks for the car wishes - also @Chook, @PenguinMum, @DJC3 - I was out fiddling with the new toy yesterday getting it set to my liking. We took a trip to Dobbies (haven't been able to do that for months!) to get another couple of shrubs for the front garden. The utter joy of not being constantly on edge. BGs are a bit doo lally though.
Yesterday Bed was 10.7 - no idea why. They suddenly shot up at bedtime and I tested 3 times to ensure it wasn't rogue. By morning a more acceptable FBG of 7.1 but it spent the rest of the day going up and down.
B. TAG and 2 GF crackers with pate.
L. TAG
D. Prawns with avocado, tomato, boiled egg, cucumber and radish - and 1 beetroot. DGF blueberry and lemon.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Good morning everyone!

@maglil55 I'm so glad your new car is working okay. I remember that feeling of doom and stress when our last car kept conking out at always inconvenient moments.

My BGs are acting up too. Mr Front Door Window Fixer never showed up until quarter to nine last night (he was supposed to be here in the late afternoon). Then there were another couple of irritating things going on when all of a sudden in the middle of a conversation with a neighbour I came over totally and completely exhausted and (while feeling an idiot) didn't have a choice but to go lay down. After about 30 mins I took my BG which was 16.1 and decided a pint of water and a cool shower might help. While drying after the shower i noticed a pinhead dot type itchy rash has appeared all over the tops of both feet and ankles.

The rash is still there this morning but thankfully the exhaustion has nearly gone after a 10.5 hour sleep. I even (according to Mr C) managed to sleep through the frantic fluttering of a bird that came through our open bedroom window. It was stuck between the glass and the blind but managed to find its own way out I wonder if it was probably the same big Blackbird chick that Archie brought in from the garden the other day alive. Lucky for the chick that Archie has inherited his Labrador Mum's gentle mouth.

Anyway, I have no idea what this rash is about or whether it's connected to the exhaustion - I haven't used any new laundering or shower products and I use E45 cream on my feet. Mr C is getting me some Piriton to stop the itching so I can get shoes/slippers on.

Today...

Breakfast: Omelette with carb free syrup (lemon sherbet this time)
Lunch: Actimel drink and blue cheese laughing cow on Ryvita sesame crisp bread
Dinner: houmous with dipping veg and salad

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So found this today is this why I'm having trouble

https://www.dietdoctor.com/top-tips-lose-weight-low-carb-women-40

Still at mums breakfast at 8am BSL 5.6 mmol/L had grilled 2 slices of white bread with cheese black coffee bsl 2 hours raise to 12.6 mmol/L lunch had
Bsl 5.6 mmol/L had Leftovers 2 x kafta meat 1 wedge potatoe and small spoon of rice.
Bsl before dinner 4.7 mmol/L
Dinner chicken chips some lettuce and 1/2 tomato and doom garlic sauce. Just got given toblerone icecream oh dear I'm going home tomorrow night then can get back to trying eating as best I can lchf. It is what it is but it makes you realise why the SAD diet guidelines are so wrong.edited to say wish I didn't eat the toblerone icecream I felt like I was eating a bowl of sugar was so sickly sweet I'm now gulping water down to try and wash it out my system.
Hi annabell1 this is very informative - many thanks for that - it answers some of the questions going on in my head and applies to me too now - as the last time I lost weight it just fell off and I was eating a lot more but this time - I am really struggling - many thanks again for that it has been very helpful :hungry:

Reactions: annabell1

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Brunch was 1 sausage, 1 slice black pudding, 1 fried egg and 1 kidney.
Dinner will be cold pork. Might add a few strawberries to that - depends how hungry I am. but I shan't leave it so late today. If I have it about 6 pm, that will leave a window of 18 hours before brunch tomorrow - if I can manage it. Haven't a clue how many calories that will be for the day, but there's precious little carbs there.
Yesterday I was feeling a bit fed up with all this having to watch food intake all the time (and it not working at all) and with my lamb stew I had a couple of egg sized potatoes with extra insulin - I suppose to remind myself of what happens when I do eat carbs. I am now reminded and still haven't got my BG down to what I think would be a reasonable level. I really am finding it very frustrating.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Watched this podcast on YouTube from diet doctor it’s got some very interesting bits in about addictions I’d recommend a listen. One of my fave occupations is listening to low carb lectures and this is one of better ones I thought. Interesting stuff too about relationship of stress to eating and hence impact of increase of general stress from covid anxiety and impact on his low carb patients weight.
@Goonergal and @DJC3 im sure you would also especially enjoy this one too.
Thanks, very interesting

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - usual full fat greek yoghurt with berries and double cream.

Dinner - chicken tandoori with peppers and onions with broccoli and cauliflower cheese.

I must not eat anything else today as last night I was very naughty and had chicken pakoras (yes plural) etc. from my son's late night takeaway box (it smelled so good) and I paid for it today with a higher FBG and one pound added to the scales - not good but even worse when I am trying to lower my FBS and lose weight - well, I only have myself to blame! :hungry:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone!

@maglil55 I'm so glad your new car is working okay. I remember that feeling of doom and stress when our last car kept conking out at always inconvenient moments.

My BGs are acting up too. Mr Front Door Window Fixer never showed up until quarter to nine last night (he was supposed to be here in the late afternoon). Then there were another couple of irritating things going on when all of a sudden in the middle of a conversation with a neighbour I came over totally and completely exhausted and (while feeling an idiot) didn't have a choice but to go lay down. After about 30 mins I took my BG which was 16.1 and decided a pint of water and a cool shower might help. While drying after the shower i noticed a pinhead dot type itchy rash has appeared all over the tops of both feet and ankles.

The rash is still there this morning but thankfully the exhaustion has nearly gone after a 10.5 hour sleep. I even (according to Mr C) managed to sleep through the frantic fluttering of a bird that came through our open bedroom window. It was stuck between the glass and the blind but managed to find its own way out I wonder if it was probably the same big Blackbird chick that Archie brought in from the garden the other day alive. Lucky for the chick that Archie has inherited his Labrador Mum's gentle mouth.

Anyway, I have no idea what this rash is about or whether it's connected to the exhaustion - I haven't used any new laundering or shower products and I use E45 cream on my feet. Mr C is getting me some Piriton to stop the itching so I can get shoes/slippers on.

Today...

Breakfast: Omelette with carb free syrup (lemon sherbet this time)
Lunch: Actimel drink and blue cheese laughing cow on Ryvita sesame crisp bread
Dinner: houmous with dipping veg and salad

Chook, I don't want to be alarmist, but do you have any of the more usual COVID symptoms? Allegedly, Medics are seeing quite a variety of rashes in COVID patients these days.

Unlikely, but still worth just going though the checklist?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Ate the same meal twice today. Discovered some pork belly strips that needed eating lurking in the fridge.

Chopped a couple up, coated in chilli oil and salt and air fried for lunch. So delicious I did the same for dinner.

Also had some cream and almond butter.

7AFCE97A-D7DA-4E1A-A614-DDC5F08356E6.jpeg

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Ate the same meal twice today. Discovered some pork belly strips that needed eating lurking in the fridge.

Chopped a couple up, coated in chilli oil and salt and air fried for lunch. So delicious I did the same for dinner.

Also had some cream and almond butter.

View attachment 42448

That looks so delicious. We had pork chops this evening; also nice, but probably not a patch on that.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It seems I not only get dawn phenomenon these days but also afternoon phenomenon.
Ate breakfast about 9:30: LoDough with smoked salmon, mayo, 1/4 avocado and sliced h/b egg.

BG around lunchtime 5.3 all good. ( no food)

Dinner about 6:30 and pre BG was 6.9!!! For goodness sake!( not the phrase that sprang to mind at the time tbh) anyway is was a DD recipe Keto sesame salmon with Thai curry cabbage. 1 glass white wine then DGF chocolate fudge brownie with cream.