What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

JFWinstone

Breakfast - Walnuts, Lactose-Free Greek Yogurt, 100% Montezumas Absolute Dark Chocolate
Lunch - SLC Bread, Pepperoni and Salami and Coffee with Lactose-Free Cream and Sugar Free gingerbread syrup
Dinner - Chorizo and Bacon with caulirice

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Aimed for one and done. Main reasons were to keep gout at bay - working well - and almost everything I actively desire is very high carb. Unlike many I still enjoy them and there is plenty of opportunity but now is not the time.Tea: CWCSFCS: Hot SF blackcurrant - ½ yesterday’s squash - too weak try 75% next. Mackerel and avocado salad, vits, water:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’ll depend on exactly which chocolate and nuts/nut butter you use and how many pieces you cut the finished product into. It’s sometime since I calculated, but using Lindt 90% which is 14.8g/carb 100g, and almonds/almond butter/Brazil nuts and cutting the resulting product into 24 pieces, it came in under 1g a square.[/QUOTE
Thank you :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I looked at the recipe but couldn't a carb total per square:)
Just under the ingredients there’s the word ‘Nutrition’, click there. Made as per the recipe it says 4g carbs per square.

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
government policies that increase inequality, brussel sprouts, neighbour's karaoke at 2am
@Bex72 thanks for the kind thoughts. Gout flare up seems to have been avoided for now with minimal Naproxen. I don’t take many so hopefully no ulcer but boy do they effectively halt transit . Hot blackcurrant was a winter go to pre-LC (mulled wine on my avoid list) so I will experiment with brands and strength to get the taste/spike ratio right. Enjoy NYE sober or otherwise - I've never been too bothered by that event. Wonderful to read about the couch to 5k from where COVID left you earlier.

Thanks Ianpspurs, Covid was a ghastly experience and thankfully my husband wasn't too bad as I had 3 weeks in bed and couldn't look after the kids who were also ill. I really feel for people who live alone or have no-one close by. I am so relieved to be over it. I think anything that gets you outside is a good idea at present and am now thinking about getting a dog as I think this will help my family cope with the strange times we are living in. I am very surprised to be able to jog for short periods three times a week and am enjoying it very much. It is having a good effect on my blood pressure too. I need my HbA1c to be lower and cholesterol lower too, now that would be good news, fingers crossed.

B: yoghurt, blueberries, seeds
L: leftover half stuffed pepper, falafel and salad
D: aubergine parmagiano
Snacks: pork scratchings (maybe some stilton and celery later and in all likelihood a chocolate square and a cheeey soaked in brandy)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late Morning: Takeaway Nero’s coconut cappuccino.
Lunch: last of the pigs in blankets and coleslaw followed by salted caramel DGF.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coconut bites.
Dinner: chicken Balti curry and cauli rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Back to skipping lunch tomorrow as I’m eating too much, still low carb but FBS creeping up :nailbiting:

LaurenSD

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late Morning: Takeaway Nero’s coconut cappuccino.
Lunch: last of the pigs in blankets and coleslaw followed by salted caramel DGF.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coconut bites.
Dinner: chicken Balti curry and cauli rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Back to skipping lunch tomorrow as I’m eating too much, still low carb but FBS creeping up :nailbiting:
Ooooh whats your coconut 'porridge'?

Reactions: Antje77

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another bad night with stomach pains. Only about 2 hours sleep.
Yoga class followed by a brisk hilly muddy walk with a friend
L: 2 eggs scrambled with some milled linseed added

Bg was between 6.9 or 7.2 right from 9 am to 3 pm. Irrespective of food or exercise. No idea whats going on. Pain subsided but tum very swollen and bloated. Have upped fluids too.

D: 1 slice gammon and 20g blue cheese

8pm feeling more normal so small ff greek with berries and seeds (thinking fibre!)

Fingers crossed for a better night.

Reactions: maglil55

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Welcome to the forum, @LaurenSD.
@MrsA2 -- Hugs for the tummy ache. Hope tomorrow will be a better day.
@DJC3 -- Wonderful news on the engagement of your daughter and her partner.
@Bex72 -- Great to see back posting on this thread.

Have three days to catch up on.

The day before yesterday ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol. A chicken wiener.

Lunch: Half a DD keto roll with butter. A cream soup with mussels, scampi chicken broth, white wine, a bit of carrot and fennel. Whipped cream and raspberries.

Snack: Chicken cracklings.

Dinner: Cauli mash (with butter and potato fiber) and ox cheek in a sauce of red wine, beef broth and a bit of tomato sauce. Red wine.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday's foods ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Green mini asparagus fried in ghee and olive oil. Dips of aioli and a Greek yoghurt/tahini mix. Half a DD keto roll with butter.

Dinner: Cauli mash (with butter and potato fiber) and ox cheek in red wine/tomato sauce. 16g of 88% chocolate and red wine.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Half a DD keto roll with butter and turkey salami, a piece of cheese, about 100g of baba ghanoush and two scrambled eggs.

Dinner: The last of the cauli mash and ox cheek. 16g of 88% chocolate. Red wine.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Quiet in here today.

Unplanned OMAD here. Was preparing to cook breakfast, got distracted, forgot I was hungry and didn’t eat until around 3ish.

Decent sized portion of the fried mince/onions/cheesy eggy thing, with some added bacon. Otherwise known as a deconstructed bacon cheeseburger. Very good to have something that wasn’t leftovers.

63C93E36-D147-4156-8F8E-A286318DD46E.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@MrsA2 hug for the stomach pains and sleep problems. My menu: Early: Tea: 11.54 CWCSFCS: 2.30: SLC turkey roll with level tsp of lowest carb sweet pickle I could find. Rise of 1 probably less of a problem than waking at 3.50 (not eating much does that) : 6.37 (far too late): Stilton and avocado salad, vits, water:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late morning: black coffee and cookie and cream carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few mixed nuts.
Dinner: fry up of sausages, bacon, egg and mushrooms followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing to eat until mid afternoon when we arrived at our spa retreat to celebrate the girls engagement. Chorizo and a couple of small pieces of cheese - Truffler and St Agur. ( which reminds me ,7 yo granddaughters joke- what is Father Christmas’ favourite cheese? ‘Santa Gur’ !!)
Booked in until 2nd Jan but a phone call this afternoon from reception said we must vacate by 10 am tomorrow. Such a shame but I feel worse for the poor staff and owners. So stressful for them.
Supper was a takeaway from Rick Stein 1piece grilled cod and 1 piece grilled hake with tartare sauce.
Now trying to get through all the champagne we’d bought along to see new year in. ( to save carrying it home)

Reactions: maglil55

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Evening All

Not posted in a few days ... suffice to say I have eaten well and not been too bad (2/3 champagne truffles) but I have not been too good either (getting through the DGF with cream - which are lovely). I listened to my DN and took her advice for a change, of having my bloods done before christmas, so I could enjoy myself a bit over the festive period, as my cholesterol levels are almost back at where they were before I upped my fats (cream, cream and more cream) - only another week then I will have to kiss goodbye to cream again - I love it but it does not love me!

So today's food ...

Breakfast - scrambled cheese & egg with 2 slices slc bread toasted. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - 3 chicken thighs with a little sour cream. Some pigs and blankets to be used up. DGF chocolate fudge brownie warmed up with a little double cream poured over the top.

I am trying not to eat too much on the days we are not celebrating but finding it hard at this time of year when there is a lot of snow outside, more still to come and very cold. I am still managing to fit my walk in in the daytime which is a thought but once I get going I am fine.

Last edited: