What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Usual bacon, cheese omelette, last of the mushrooms (2), I cannot get any from the store we get our online shop from so going to check the mushroom farm out along the road to Moore Park beach If I get time.
Lunch was hit and run and did not eat much.
Spag bog for dinner, which should have been put off for today as the pasta spirals rocked my bgl a two or three points. Nice though.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Breakfast: CWC, nut granola
CWC
Lunch: salad, hm coleslaw, ham and a couple of the French version of ryvita.
Cup of tea. Very sleepy after lunch, been like that for a few days now, guessing I have been doing too much overall.
Still should be able to slow down a little soon, she said hopefully.
Now we have moved into the bedroom upstairs MrSlim has already started dismantling the space we were sleeping in, a room divided into three rooms, which he is going to return to its original size.
Dinner was the ratatouille I made this morning with chicken breast, roasted cauliflower and a few peas.
Glass of rosé and later some CWC
Had a few spoonfuls of peanut butter.its a new one to me, unsweetened and very tasty. Going back to Aldis to get a couple more jars, am thinking will make excellent base for satay sauce.
Lemon tea.

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Before supper I was 124 / 135

Chinese delivery for supper:
.5 cup shrimp fried rice - measured by measuring cup, then picked out the shrimp from the rest of the rice and ate them too
Sauteed shrimp and steak bits with Japanese vegetables - no sauce
Egg roll

2 hrs pp meal: 105 / 116

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday was back to work, and so back to some reality:
Two egg cheese omelette with two butchers sausages for breakfast, chicken breast with mixed salad and pickled egg/gherkin/onion plus full fat coleslaw.
Dinner was chicken fajitas (two Weight Watchers wraps which made up a good portion of my daily carb intake but were delicious) followed up by some 90% Ugandan chocolate from Sainsburys.

A few cups of coffee etc during the day.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Reading all of your posts makes me feel envious. I do so wish I could have a little treat now and again, without disastrous results. Is there a treatment for envy? FBG was "only" 8.7 but it soon rose to 13.5. Despite a correction dose (about half of what I would normally take with food) it stayed at upper 12s to mid 13s until breakfast. Then it started to drop and is currently 5.4. I really don't understand it at all.

Breakfast: frittata made with some veg left over from yesterday and some grated cheese. Shouldn't have bothered with the cheese; it didn't add anything to the dish and, in fact wasn't a very nice cheese anyway. It was a strong cheddar that Neil had bought for me and it was not so much strong as bitter. Well - that's it gone anyway - what I used for the frittata was the last of it. It's left me feeling quite full, so shouldn't be any problem only having the 2 meals today.

2nd meal: will be a skate wing fried in butter - lightly browned rather than nut brown or black.

Hanging around just now, waiting for time to go to the hospital. There are jobs I could do, but I don't feel like it. For a change, today is hot here; not as hot as in other parts of the world, but it must be about 19 or 20 degrees outside. For us that's hot - inside is over 20 I should think. I've had to take off the sweater I put on this morning!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Those sound heavenly! I hope I have some unsalted nuts laying around somewhere. If so, it's on tomorrow's to do list!
Actually might make it onto today's if I make nut granola as oven temp is the same.

Reactions: Annb and Antje77

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast:
12 oz coffee w/ Splenda and cream
1 pkg pb and honey crackers
Dannon Light and Fit Strawberry Shortcake Greek Yogurt

Reactions: Annb

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday:
Breakfast: Two butchers sausages, three egg omelette with some cheese and ham
Lunch: Italian salad from Sainsbury's with chicken breast, pickled gherkin, pickled onion and coleslaw accompanied by my girlfriend's homemade crustless quiche (which was amazing)
Dinner: Beef "pie" which was basically a casserole with a filo pastry lid and some cauliflower cheese. Treated myself to a Mochi ball for dessert as a treat.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: Just finished - usual bacon and eggs. FBG a bit high today and, as usual continuing to rise. Hoping it will start to drop now that I've had insulin and breakfast.

Saw the consultant yesterday. As I thought, it was just a short interview - ordered some more blood tests, and another ultra sound scan, to have a check on my liver and will see me in about 6 months. Did tell me that I need to lose weight (that's usual as well), said I shouldn't be doing any extreme diet (ie low carb) and should see the dietician even though she is the one who said nobody can lose weight on insulin. I did tell him that, although low carbing isn't really reducing my BG, when I do, occasionally, eat even a small amount of carbs, my BG shoots up. He said that was because my diet is too extreme and I should get back to a normal diet. It gets me down a bit.

Plenty of fluids today - it's as hot as yesterday.

2nd meal: will be lamb chops with maybe some peas.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Another normal breakfast:
12 oz coffee w/ Splenda and cream
pkg of pb and honey crackers
Dannon Light and Fit Strawberry Shortcake Greek Yogurt

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Black coffee all morning.
Lunch: chicken leg with rocket and ‘no tato’ salad ( made with diced courgette, celery, chives and dressing of Mayo, yoghurt and Dijon mustard). Few 100% choc buttons afterwards.
Dinnner: calves liver and bacon with wilted spinach and mushrooms. Choc chia pudding to follow.

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Lunch:
2 oz honey ham
English cucumber
18 pita chips
2 tbsp Ranch dressing
1 cup watermelon cubes

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday 29 June bed 6.7 FBG 6.9. It was sweltering today and I decide to tackle a pile of ironing as I have the boys tomorrow morning and Thursday afternoon.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with Dairylea and ox tongue.
L. Nothing apart from water ( and lots of it!)
D. A repeat of yesterday more or less - GF sausages and GF black pudding, tomato, back bacon, egg and a cauliflower/ broccoli souffle thing. Few cherries.

Wednesday 30 June - bed 7.4 FBG 6.2

B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with Dairylea.
L. Nothing. Busy amusing the boys then lunch for them.
D. Pork chop with mushrooms, peas , mini cob and a broccoli/cauliflower souffle thing. Grenade ice cream bar.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DJC3 - yes, I've watched quite a few of the podcasts. They're very interesting. My antibody test kit arrived today (Friday) but I've not to do it over the weekend as it has to go for analysis quickly and it would lie around at the weekend.

Thursday 1 July - bed 6.3 FBG 5.9. Glorious day! Morning we were over to Lidl and I picked up some picnic type food for the boys lunch.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with chilli chicken and Dairylea.
L. Nothing - took boys to Seabird Centre and then let them loose on the beach and giant sea water pool outside while I sat on the beach and observed! They split there time between having a ball and running back to me to get food and drink.
D. I'd brought the boys back to feed them pizza and deal with sand and scraped toes. Got them home, picked up DIL from her clinic so by the time I got home I didn't much fancy anything. Settled for more of the chilli chicken breast, 2 slices mortadella, coleslaw and a piece of smoked edam I got in Lidl which is delicious - very strong. King cherries as well.

@Annb - I can't fathom your BGs either! There really is no logic to them at all.

Boys meantime want to repeat the outing on the next hot day but just the beach as they've been to the Seabird Centre loads of times. It seems the best fun is free things?

Edit: it wasn't smoked edam: it was vintage gouda! Still delicious though.

Last edited:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lost the forum for while, I'm not sure ow behind i am. Apologies for any duplication
2 breakfasts of full fat greek yoghurt with strawberries
2 lunches of salad with ham, cheese, chicken drumsticks and 6 cherries
1 dinner of quarter pound hamburgers with 2 portobello mushrooms
1 dinner at a pub, trout with cockles and samphire. I got them to swap the advertised potatoess for green veg which proved to be hard broccoli and green peas . I had already tucked into it before thinking of taking a photo, there was much more samphire.
I also had a scoop of ice cream mid afternoon

Edited for typos
20210702_185012_copy_756x1008.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Couldn’t login yesterday…… yes even us mods were locked out!

So yesterday day 4 of my holibobs.
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Mid morning: coconut cappuccino and a birthday cake carb killa bar.
Lunch: spicy chicken wings and leafy salad, followed by SF orange jelly, cream and LC chocolate and ginger granola.
Dinner: cheese and bacon burger (no bun) and six chips followed by DGF salted caramel brownie with cream.

Today day 5 of my holibobs.
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Mid morning: coconut cappuccino and a salted caramel carb killa bar.
Lunch:Brie and leafy salad followed by SF raspberry jelly with cream and chocolate and raspberry LC granola.
Dinner Takeaway again! : crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by DGF chocolate brownie with cream.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Couldn’t login yesterday…… yes even us mods were locked out!
So we had contact through other channels, resulting in @Rachox inviting me for a swim and a takeaway of crispy duck!
I got so excited, never having had crispy duck before, but it turned out she posted in the wrong chat. :(

So no crispy duck for me tonight, but day 4 of spicy mixed veggies with rather chewy pork belly pieces (no idea if I did something wrong, or if it was just a coincidental chewy pig) and peanut sauce. Tasted fine, but everything is a bit boring on the 4th subsequent day.

I was just about to have a delicious dessert of fresh strawberries with greek yoghurt and lemon zest when this SMELL entered the house. I have no idea what my neighbouring farmer sprays over his crops but it definitely isn't healthy cow dung.
So no dessert for me or I'll never eat strawberries again!
Should have taken @Rachox up on her offer!

Tomorrow will be my neighbour's 61st birthday. His plan was to have a big old rowdy drunk barbecue and campfire party for the last time in his old garden before moving to a trailer in my garden.
So as a present I've bought meats for the barbecue, cheeses for late night snacking and a huge watermelon for dessert and i wrapped everything in gift paper :)
Only to hear most of the party won't show up :banghead:
Good thing he has a freezer. Also good I bought him a pirate flag doormat as a gift as well!
Tomorrow will be barbecue and alcohol I guess, we should be able to make a rowdy party with only a couple of guests as well!

Reactions: maglil55

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Usual bacon and cheese omelette, tomatoes and a small portions of baked beans for breakfast. Still no mushrooms we must make the effort to get out to the mushie farm today.
Leftover bit of pasta sauce in a low carb wrap for lunch.
Pork loin chops, and green veggies and gravy for dinner

We have had some good winter rain over the last couple of days, some farmers are happy, some are not as it's the cane crushing season till December, and it makes it hard to cut.

Plenty of local avocados available, as there is glut of them and the price has dropped to $1.00 each in the shops.

Macadamia nuts production was down this year so the price of them will go up, as there was not enough rain earlier in the year, farmers cant win either way.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So as a present I've bought meats for the barbecue, cheeses for late night snacking and a huge watermelon for dessert and i wrapped everything in gift paper :)
Only to hear most of the party won't show up :banghead:
Good thing he has a freezer.
Be careful freezing water melon as it tastes like @#@! when it thaws out and goes all slushy.

Reactions: DJC3