What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two slices middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, tomatoes.
No smoko.
Grilled reef fish, green veggies for lunch.
Savoury mice and leftover veggies for supper at six.

Blue cheese on some crispbreads.

Glass of malt wisky in a toast to @maglil55 brother, early night againit seems to be the norm now.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Monday 11 July - bed and FBG both 7 8

I was dreading trying to get to the Physio until I checked and saw my appointment was 12/7. Leg has gone again. Severe pins and needles and it took a lot of hard work to shift it. I could (kind of) walk by the afternoon.

Glad to say my efforts paid off yesterday. I woke with the pins and needles almost gone but both ankles very tight. I knew my good looking sadist (physio) would sort that out though. He did! It's painful but what a relief to be able to walk more normally again!View attachment 55402

So glad you managed to get some improvement in your leg and that your physio managed to make it even better. Hope you can manage to maintain the improvement. So disheartening when it just keeps on coming back, even though you know how to help it a bit.

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Good to hear your leg is a bit better now @maglil55
@PenguinMum I can’t imagine the agony of 6 wasp stings, every time I’ve had one it’s been more painful and swelled up more than the last. I hope the pain wears off soon.
View attachment 55404

I've only once been stung by either bee or wasp. When I was 15 a wasp stung my knee. My mother thought I was making a fuss over nothing because we lived in a fruit growing area and she frequently went out to help with the fruit harvests and had been stung umpteen times. She must have been toughened (pre war generation - WW1 that is) but my knee swelled hugely and I couldn't walk for several days. Always stayed as far away from wasps as I could thereafter.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
This morning I will have some strawberries with cream to start the day and, while the energy lasts will make sausage and cauli mash. So that will only be one proper meal today.

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

RosemaryJackson

@PenguinMum, that must have been horrendous! I hope you soon feel better. Back to food. Yesterday had a bf at midday then just a ham sandwich at teatime. Bit over the odds with carbs I know. Today, I'm having scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, and lardons (pinched the tasty idea from Overwhelmed) . Am keeping off food as much as possible because too much heat affects my digestive system and I have a chest infection plus a suspected cracked rib. Oh!!!! Woe is me lol!!!! But they tell me I'm a tough ole bird so I'll bounce back.

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum- that sounds seriously nasty. Hope you're improving. The wasps seem to be angry a lot earlier this year. @Annb & @DJC3 - so far, so good. My ankles are still "loose" so the fluid hasn't regrouped yet. Leg muscles were beginning to tighten again but I can deal with that. I've booked myself in for next week's Aqua Zumba class and I'll get up to date again with classes at The Club. With the home schooling, and grandson coming for lunch, I just couldn't fit classes in. I'll be OK now as his lunch breaks are later at Senior School.

13 June - bed 7.9 FBG 7.8

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with pate

L. Crustless quiche and another TAG.

D. Smoked salmon and prawn cocktail salad with lettuce, avocado, santini tomatoes, walnuts, coleslaw, port salut, M&S pancetta crisps.

Nick's LC Coconut bar.

I had the boys most of yesterday, so I eventually extracted them from our house and got them to Newhailes. They had Jurassic Encounter on but, as I suspected, it was "too young" for them. They happily invaded WeeHailes though. They've been many times. A large, enclosed Fort type area with slides, tunnels, fireman poles, zip lines, obstacles etc where kids can run about and tire themselves out in safety! They emerged 1 5 hours later hungry, thirsty and tired (as well as mucky and the youngest with a skint knee).
20220713_182529.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10:30 Breakfast after PT session. Scrambled eggs and parmesan as it seemed to keep BG level yesterday. Same again today happily.
14:00 lunch tin of mackerel in water. Not so nice as in oil I don’t think. H/b egg, lettuce, chilli sauerkraut, avocado and pumpkin seeds. Choc chia pud.
19:00 later than I wanted, rest of yesterdays butter chicken with wilted spinach. Brie and nuts and large glass of red afterwards.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum- that sounds seriously nasty. Hope you're improving. The wasps seem to be angry a lot earlier this year. @Annb & @DJC3 - so far, so good. My ankles are still "loose" so the fluid hasn't regrouped yet. Leg muscles were beginning to tighten again but I can deal with that. I've booked myself in for next week's Aqua Zumba class and I'll get up to date again with classes at The Club. With the home schooling, and grandson coming for lunch, I just couldn't fit classes in. I'll be OK now as his lunch breaks are later at Senior School.

13 June - bed 7.9 FBG 7.8

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with pate

L. Crustless quiche and another TAG.

D. Smoked salmon and prawn cocktail salad with lettuce, avocado, santini tomatoes, walnuts, coleslaw, port salut, M&S pancetta crisps.

Nick's LC Coconut bar.

I had the boys most of yesterday, so I eventually extracted them from our house and got them to Newhailes. They had Jurassic Encounter on but, as I suspected, it was "too young" for them. They happily invaded WeeHailes though. They've been many times. A large, enclosed Fort type area with slides, tunnels, fireman poles, zip lines, obstacles etc where kids can run about and tire themselves out in safety! They emerged 1 5 hours later hungry, thirsty and tired (as well as mucky and the youngest with a skint knee).View attachment 55417

Looks very good smoked salmon, not the pale insipid stuff normally seen. Where’s it from?
Edit to add - I like the idea of using the pancetta crisps in a salad.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My food post yesterday was one that disappeared in the forum glitch today, I’ll not repost it all except for my salmon dinner pic!
Today:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a Phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a food dr bar.
Dinner: mushrooms on scrambled egg n Marmite on LC toast followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.
09672774-78DF-4E66-8FBA-92AE69B919D9.jpeg
BEBEC9DD-2681-491D-BE7D-89B56A3D42B2.jpeg

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My food post yesterday was one that disappeared in the forum glitch today, I’ll not repost it all except for my salmon dinner pic!
Today:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a Phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a food dr bar.
Dinner: mushrooms on scrambled egg n Marmite on LC toast followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.
View attachment 55426 View attachment 55427
Ah yes, that sparked a discussion on how to make pepper sauce. If I recall correctly.
Son in law , the foodie makes one with cream, beef stock, peppercorns and garlic. He always follows recipes carefully. When I make it I just use approximate amounts of each. Delicious.
In the spirit of the theme of the thread, I can’t for the life of me remember what I ate yesterday apart from chicken thighs with cauli rice fried with other veg.
Today was Full Fat Greek yogurt with seeds and blueberries, and black coffee for breakfast.
Some left over chicken and coleslaw at late lunchtime with a decaff coffee.
Dinner was haddock, baked with a bit of stilton and tenderstem broccoli, low sugar tonic water, and a slice of lemon. (Faux gin) :D
Throughout day about 2 litres of water.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ff greek with seeds and 2 strawberries
Long, hilly walk (legs really feeling it now)
L: 2 hard boiled eggs,cheese, Cole slaw. Strawberries and clotted cream. Too many cherries
Out stately home visiting, but came over" all funny" so came home early. Think the lights sparked a migraine.
D: bbq cooked burgers with salad and mushrooms. 2 very small glasses wine and water. Ice cream

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
1030hr b chia seed pud with nuts ,berries and greek yogurt
1500hrs L monkfish goujons using almost flour with salad
2100hrs late dinner again . 2 x small chicken and salad on low carb wraps

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. Wasn't well yesterday so didn't bother with anything, just lay on the bed and felt sorry for myself! Today, it's scrambled egg with smoked salmon at about 1ish and tonight a chicken leg with green veg. My lovely bit of news, I'm going to USA to see my son in September. Haven't seen him for nearly 4 years and I can't wait to give him a hug.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. Wasn't well yesterday so didn't bother with anything, just lay on the bed and felt sorry for myself! Today, it's scrambled egg with smoked salmon at about 1ish and tonight a chicken leg with green veg. My lovely bit of news, I'm going to USA to see my son in September. Haven't seen him for nearly 4 years and I can't wait to give him a hug.

Was going to give you a hug for not feeling well but getting to see your son after 4 years must be a winner! So happy for you. Is that to be soon, or something you can have pleasure looking forward to? Keep well meantime.

I didn't post here yesterday either. Felt too bad to eat anything and slept much of the day after not sleeping at night due to some horrible pains and having run out of pain killers. Turns out Neil had some codeine from a long time ago and gave some to me in the morning along with some paracetemol. That helped and at least let me sleep. New day now. Have my own pain killers and will try to keep on top of the pain today until it goes away by itself (or doesn't, as the case may be).

I intend to eat today, and drink more than yesterday to try to get back into kilter, starting with tea, then scrambled eggs. I have a casserole made with sausages from 2 days ago. Not sure if that will be the right 2nd meal but at least it is ready to go.

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How exciting, have a wonderful time.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looks very good smoked salmon, not the pale insipid stuff normally seen. Where’s it from?
Edit to add - I like the idea of using the pancetta crisps in a salad.
It's Sainsbury's. M&S have some nice packs too. Just enough for 2 in this one though and, it's something I prefer being finished once it is open.
The crisps, there's the 3 options from M&S - pancetta, chorizo or serrano ham. Of course, they can also be made in the microwave! Gives me a thought, pancetta should work in the microwave too.
Screenshot_20220715-124929_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry @RosemaryJackson, I didn't read your post properly. September it is - far enough away to have the pleasure of anticipating it but close enough to enjoy soon.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Little bit of cereal with semiskimmed milk.
From your other posts I take it that you're struggling with your diabetes. Would you be interested in choosing some lower carb foods to try to get your blood glucose a bit more stable?
Cereal doesn't work well for most of us.