What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Forgot to post yesterday, but had my usual Sunday menu, including one Jaffa cake at the ILs at tea-time!
Today:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a food dr bar.
Dinner: meatballs with tomato and mascarpone sauce with Brussels, green beans and some grated mature cheddar followed by SF raspberry jelly and cream.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon, three well done eggs, tomatotoes and mushrooms for breakfast.
MRE chicken wings in some spicy / sugary sauce (wiped off), mre mashed potatoes half of each container for lunch.
Roast lamb toasted sandwicches to finish the cold meat off for supper ar six.

Couple of crispbreads and blue cheese, panikin of Billy back tea watching tv.

Mre cooked in under 10 minutes.

3eVG90z.jpg

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very miffed when I weighed myself this morning to find another 2 lbs gone on. Tummy feeling quite bloated. Not sure what's going on. Is it the increase in pickle and kefir?
Could well be. Fermented foods are very high in histamines - I’m currently avoiding them (although Greek yoghurt sneaks in way too often) as a low histamine diet can help Long Covid.

@shelley262 you should have sent Cooper to stay with me! My legs are protesting today after a couple of days of walking a bit too much - and I’m not far away! Definitely need a slower day today.

Anyway, to stay vaguely on topic, said yoghurt crept in again yesterday and formed ‘dinner’ along with double cream and raspberries. That made a 3 meal day as I’d had a hotel breakfast of omelette with cheese, onion and ham with a side of bacon. Lunch was chicken wings at WingStop - lemon pepper and garlic Parmesan flavours.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I just had bacon, sausage and eggs and that may well be my one meal today.

Neil has realised that I often don't bother with a second meal, just because I don't feel like prepping and cooking it so he has told me that I should ask him to make something for me - he doesn't cook much but he is actually a very inventive cook and has a good idea of flavours which he can't take himself. I'll have to see how I feel later but right now I'm feeling pretty nauseous and don't think I will want anything else. This came about because he forgot to get a white loaf while shopping and I commented that I should make my own wholemeal bread but usually lack the energy to get around to it, upon which he immediately started to make bread for me.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Feeling very pleased with my negotiating powers today. Went into a cafe - more because they had tables outside and I fancied sitting outside, than because of the (carb ridden) menu. Anyway, in place of a hot dog in a baguette with fried onions costing £5.50, I got all of this and a Diet Coke for £6.50! Would have been a 10/10 except they cut the fat off the bacon :hilarious:

58609E2E-AEFD-4BAB-919A-71A24994D4F9.jpeg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
A couple of months back I bought these pork scratchings at Lidl to try. They were absolutely the best pork scratchings I've ever had so next week I went back for more and bought the last couple of bags.
I was very sad when I finished the last of those bags, as it was a temporary item.

But this morning I went for groceries and they had them again! :)
So now I'm the proud owner of 22 bags of barbecue flavoured pork scratchings. :D:hilarious:

Not sure what else I'll eat today but I'd better make it a small portion because I'm very sure I'll completely overeat on pork scratchings before bed tonight!

Oh, and don't get your hopes up, I was in a Dutch Lidl, chances are they won't have them in the UK. But if they do and you like things like doritos cheese or cheetos and such, grab a couple of bags!
They also have a salted unflavoured version, they're really good as well.

293348272_10225848319388997_5494880339069934640_n.jpg

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Feeling very pleased with my negotiating powers today. Went into a cafe - more because they had tables outside and I fancied sitting outside, than because of the (carb ridden) menu. Anyway, in place of a hot dog in a baguette with fried onions costing £5.50, I got all of this and a Diet Coke for £6.50! Would have been a 10/10 except they cut the fat off the bacon :hilarious:

View attachment 55401
I’ll have to get some negotiating tips from you after my dismal results at the pub for Sunday lunch! Anyway back to topic had my usual brekkie of slice LC toast and lots of tea. Lunch was two slices of ham and one tiny fritata. Was feeling very sorry for myself after getting 6 wasp stings after disturbing a nest this morning. Still hurts despite internal and external antihistamine. Anyway my brother & SIL are arriving to stay for a few days and tonight its BBQ chicken, burgers, sausages, Greek salad and roasted new potatoes for those who can.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was feeling very sorry for myself after getting 6 wasp stings after disturbing a nest this morning. Still hurts despite internal and external antihistamine
Ouch!

I once missed a train as a wasp decided to fly inside my shirt and sting me on Manchester Piccadilly station, but that was only one! Hope it dies down soon.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ll have to get some negotiating tips from you after my dismal results at the pub for Sunday lunch! Anyway back to topic had my usual brekkie of slice LC toast and lots of tea. Lunch was two slices of ham and one tiny fritata. Was feeling very sorry for myself after getting 6 wasp stings after disturbing a nest this morning. Still hurts despite internal and external antihistamine. Anyway my brother & SIL are arriving to stay for a few days and tonight its BBQ chicken, burgers, sausages, Greek salad and roasted new potatoes for those who can.

SIX! Oh that must have hurt. Is there any way to get rid of the nest? It sounds absolutely dangerous.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum feel for you with wasp stings I really fear wasps after once had one in car with me - it flew in when stopping at traffic lights and kept stinging me on leg until I could get through traffic lights and pull in safely it’s made me very nervy of them as knee was really hot swollen and painful for days.
@Goonergal it wasn’t me not willing to walk, although heat not tempting,it was Cooper he just wouldn’t budge far at all in the warm weather from the garden even though I only tried to walk him early and later.im going to try again in a bit after watering garden which he likes ‘helping’ me with. He just digs his paws firmly on the ground and pulls me back home when he decides it’s not for him - so think you wouldn’t have got far!
Today’s food
10ish one slice of bacon, lc toast and egg
1ish a few berries from garden and hm yoghurt followed by a few squares of 100% chocolate
5ish frittata with salad and some of my newly fermented tomatoes- delicious - and pudding of sf jelly and a few berries.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ouch!

I once missed a train as a wasp decided to fly inside my shirt and sting me on Manchester Piccadilly station, but that was only one! Hope it dies down soon.
A wasp flew into my car once, and I sat on it. It stung me. My Hubby kindly said at the time "If you sat on me I'd sting you too!" He is still alive!

Reactions: DJC3

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
1000hrs boiled eggs x3 and bacon
1330hrs cabbage , few carrots peices and peas with boiled ham
1800hrs 2x chicken fillets in cream and sundries tomatoe sauce with broccoli and asparagus
Will have a glass of red later on

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Goonergal it wasn’t me not willing to walk, although heat not tempting,it was Cooper he just wouldn’t budge far at all in the warm weather from the garden even though I only tried to walk him early and later.
Have you put a flat hand on the sidewalk/pavement for a bit to check if it wasn't simply too hot for his feet?

And on topic: Had a slice of low carb bread with two fried eggs with cheese and Turkish sausage slices, a handful of cherry tomatoes and I might have some strawberries too.
Ate earlyish for me because I can't wait for my late night snack of barbecue flavoured pork scratchings so I don't want to be still full by the time it's late night! :hilarious:
I'll eat more sensible portions of my pork scratching from tomorrow on (say, no more than twice a sensible amount? No use setting impossible goals, is it?) but today there are no limits!

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday 11 July - bed and FBG both 7 8

B. TAG and a bit of crustless quiche.

L. M&S pancetta crisps

D. Courgetti carbonara. Strawberries with a tablespoon of Skyr yoghurt.

I was dreading trying to get to the Physio until I checked and saw my appointment was 12/7. Leg has gone again. Severe pins and needles and it took a lot of hard work to shift it. I could (kind of) walk by the afternoon.

Tuesday 12 July - bed 7 6 FBG 7.8

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with pate

L. Another TAG and a bit of crustless quiche

D. Got son on the sous vide duck again (legs only this time) and made a sauce with red wine and orange zest. Had it with sprouts and a half cob.

Glad to say my efforts paid off yesterday. I woke with the pins and needles almost gone but both ankles very tight. I knew my good looking sadist (physio) would sort that out though. He did! It's painful but what a relief to be able to walk more normally again!
20220712_185706.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a food dr bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a PE bar.
Dinner: bacon melts with Brussels and broccoli followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

511C8E04-FBB7-489D-8FA4-1A6860E3C7F1.jpeg

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have grazed a bit last few days. Kept low carb, but appetite lacking in the heat.
Today I skipped breakfast as I was chatting to an early visitor, and forgot to eat. Just black decaff coffee.
After a swimming pool workout, lunch was salad, and a slice of chicken, and iced coffee.
Dinner ., mushroom and cheese omelette, beetroot juice.
Several glasses of iced water throughout the day.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: some leftover lc cheesecake
L: ham and egg and a few chips in a cafe. Gave majority of chips to hubby. A nut bar as was still hungry. The ham was nice but very thin and it was only 1 egg.
D: a hardboiled egg, 6 chipolata, half a fried courgette, half a tomato. An elderflower flavour water kefir.

Am away again looking after some dogs so hoping for lots of walking

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you put a flat hand on the sidewalk/pavement for a bit to check if it wasn't simply too hot for his feet?

And on topic: Had a slice of low carb bread with two fried eggs with cheese and Turkish sausage slices, a handful of cherry tomatoes and I might have some strawberries too.
Ate earlyish for me because I can't wait for my late night snack of barbecue flavoured pork scratchings so I don't want to be still full by the time it's late night! :hilarious:
I'll eat more sensible portions of my pork scratching from tomorrow on (say, no more than twice a sensible amount? No use setting impossible goals, is it?) but today there are no limits!
Only tried walks in cool early am and late evening definitely not too hot around 10 degrees or less I’m very aware of that and would never have attempted it. Can see why you may have thought that though .

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to hear your leg is a bit better now @maglil55
@PenguinMum I can’t imagine the agony of 6 wasp stings, every time I’ve had one it’s been more painful and swelled up more than the last. I hope the pain wears off soon.
On to food..
B- 2 fried eggs on lc marmite toast
L- Flaxseed and turmeric flatbread ( meant to be a wrap but I didn’t spread it evenly and it fell apart) topped with lettuce, prawns and lc Marie Rose sauce ( yoghurt, Lea&Perrins, Tom purée, paprika,S&P) DGF cake to follow.
D- pork loin chops in garlic and cream, with asparagus and Stilton filled mushroom. Dry white wine sitting outside watching the sunset.
IMG_0474.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ouch!

That must have been awful but it also made me laugh as it sounds like a Carry On film type of euphemism!