What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Dinner: creamy garlic prawns with sliced sautéed courgettes.

2024-05-16 19.03.19.jpeg

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How do you cook your spiralized courgettes? Or do you add them raw?
A good question @MommaE.

For this particular all-in-one-pan recipe, I stir the courgetti in raw. They need very little cooking.
Usually, I serve this dish straight away, but if you let it stand overnight so the flavours mingle, it tastes even better, IMO.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with butter, avocado and three crevettes all seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Walnut and mushroom roast made with onions, eggs and flax 'egg' (customary breadcrumbs omitted) garlic, stock, rosemary
Vegetarian brown gravy.
Vegetable tray bake using calabrese broccoli, cauliflower, sweet red peppers, leeks and onions drizzled with olive oil.
Carrots cut on the diagonal, onion slices and apple peel sautéed in butter.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.

D: Seafood salad made with king prawns and brown shrimps, lettuce, Romano peppers, celery, baby plum tomatoes, Kalamata olives, mint and salad onions, with a dollop of home-made aioli for dipping, topped with roasted macadamia nuts..
Water to wash down tablets.

Last edited:

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Coffee with almond milk and double cream for breakfast
skipped lunch as in a rush to go out and had a black tea in the afternoon.
Dinner: Homemade Chaffle with tuna mayo and sliced tomatoes
Snack Decaf with almond milk and cream with a teaspoon of erythritol

IMG_0464.jpeg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: a splendid buffet of scrambled eggs, cold grilled vegs and cheese. I also squirrels away extra cheese for later.
Sadly I couldn't resist the 6 types of croissants (though I only have 2 bites if one) array of fruit (2 slices kiwi) and various other carbs (did have 1 small savory pastry)
Cost was a spike of 9.5

L: cheeses saved from breakfast then a salad of tuna, mozzarella and tomatoes. Drank only water. Later shared 1 scoop ice cream

D: prosecco (and crisps), the sword fish grilled with veg. A very large glass wine..

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Was going to have breakfast but the workmen arrived so I just took some slices of ham out of a packet and a small chunk of cheese. Then I dropped the rest of the new pack of ham and it spread itself all over the kitchen floor. Silly me! Then I tasted the ham and figured that it was the best thing to have happened to it. The few slices I took also went into the compost bin. I ate 2 tiny chunks of the cheese and immediately my stomach rebelled, so I didn't have any more. The effect remained all day.

2nd meal was to have been a chickpea salad, which I actually made to take with me to a pot luck meal for a small gathering of friends. I went and took it with me, but Mrs Tum reminded me not to take liberties so I just had a cup of tea. Once home again, I put a salmon fillet in some foil and baked it quickly with a sliced up lemon. Tum accepted that alright, so I'm not going to bed empty.

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A good question @MommaE.

For this particular all-in-one-pan recipe, I stir the courgetti in raw. They need very little cooking.
Usually, I serve this dish straight away, but if you let it stand overnight so the flavours mingle, it tastes even better, IMO.
Thank you. I’ll give that a try.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Cold chicken leg for breakfast. Unfortunately my stomach wasn't even happy with that and would only settle down after a couple of cups of black tea.

The rest of the chicken is there for using but I'm doubtful about it now. 2nd meal will have to be scrambled egg, I think. Stomach should be OK with that.

20.20 - scrambled egg didn't happen. Just had a cup of milky coffee instead.

Last edited:

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream x 3
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk
Trout smoked and cheese and tomato
Trout Smoked and green pepper and tomato

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B- Toasted SRSLY fruit loaf spread with cream cheese. I have to eat breakfast now I’m on new meds for Ménière’s disease which have to be taken 3x daily with food.
L- Cheese omelette and salad.
D- Pork steak, mushrooms and cabbage (sadly overcooked as we had a visitor just as I was about to dish up). Glass of l/c red wine.
IMG_1715969901.387686.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and anAldi protein bar.
Dinner: salmon and cream cheese on a LC roll with coleslaw.

2024-05-17 19.01.12.jpeg

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs with butter and avocado, seasoned with black pepper plus a wedge of ewe's milk Beenleigh Blue.
Water to swallow tablet.
Double espresso.

L: Packed lunch made with leftover walnut and mushroom roast.
Celery sticks and baby plum tomatoes with lettuce cups for scooping and a dollop of home-made mayonnaise for dipping.
Prawns and brown shrimps.
Almonds and hazelnuts.
Water to drink.

Mid-afternoon: black filter coffee

D: Smoked salmon and cream cheese salad made with rocket, celery, baby plum tomatoes, salad onions, Halkidiki olives and Romano peppers, dressed with olive oil, lemon verbena and a touch of lemon juice, topped with pecan halves.
Water to wash down tablets.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm way behind with posting again, I enjoy working during the week and spending time with my neighbour in the weekend, but it leaves less time and energy to spend on the internet.
So here's this weeks food, I always think I'm going to post so I do make pictures! :hilarious:

Sunday: An experimental asparagus and nettle soup. Yuck! :yuck:
Very bad idea, don't try this please.

1716025062440.png

Monday should have been the second day of the soup, but one day was more than enough. So LC bread with chorizo and a fishy mayo type thing.

1716025217516.png

Tuesday: Green beans, onion and bell pepper flavoured with some black beans in chilli oil and soy sauce, with thin pork belly strips marinated in a black bean and garlic sauce.

1716025244300.png

Wednesday: Same, with an added duck egg.

1716025276819.png

Thursday: And again.

1716025300995.png

Yesterday: A lovely evening with my neighbour. Grilling on wood instead of charcoal takes a long time because you need to add more wood and wait for the flames to go low again all the time so it was an all evening thing lasting past midnight. :)

- Skewers with onion, bell pepper and slices of salami.
- Spareribs.
- White asparagus rubbed with olive oil and salt.
- Pork belly strips. There were two, Tale dropped one, the dog was quicker, so we gave the other one to the other 4 dogs and cats, it's not like we hadn't had enough to eat by that time. :cat:

1716025362419.png

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Realised this morning that, yet again, I didn't want to eat. This is getting ridiculous. Must be developing some kind of eating disorder. So I scrambled a couple of eggs in butter and forced myself to eat it.m Result - feeling hungry. Can't win.

There's some goulash ready to have for meal number 2 today so no excuses for doing without.

Spent quite a lot of time cooking yesterday so there's food enough for 3 weeks or so in the freezer, as long as I feel like having the same thing several days running, which might just turn me off food again.

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday while away in Brum for a concert and meet up
Fasted all day as very busy and knew meeting up to eat at Dishoom with friends
Had peppered mutton which was delicious and we shared sides including raita, salad and chilli broccoli so enjoyed it
PXL_20240517_154901052_kindlephoto-406456789-2.jpg

Today
Attending PHC conference virtually so dashed back First thing this morning.
First meal quick lunch of kimchi, smoked salmon and some herbs from garden and then a few frozen raspberries with hm yoghurt
PXL_20240518_113439790.MP_kindlephoto-406389431-2.jpg

Had popped chicken curry in slow cooker first thing when back so that was dinner which I've just had - not as good as yesterday s but enjoyed.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to see the animals are still eating as well as you @Antje77 ! You have some good looking meals there.
Today I spent walking and listening through my new earbuds to the first day livestream of the PHC conference which was brilliant and thought provoking. It was especially nice to chat to @shelley262 online in between the talks and discuss them. I’m looking forward to tomorrow already.
B- Greek yoghurt and seeds.
L- cheese and mushroom omelette with salad.
D- another M&S yellow sticker job: chicken breast wrapped in bacon with a mustard sauce. Served with green beans and a glass of l/c red wine.
IMG_1716053816.823523.jpg