What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Monday
First meal strips of ham laid in celery sticks and a tomato.
Second meal hogget (lamb) leg steak with assorted boiled veges Less that 3 percent carb it says on the packet.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Red berries with cream

No lunch

50 minutes swimming

Dinner in Indian restaurant. 1 popadom, chicken tikka starter followed by a chicken balti.

Reactions: geefull and Chook

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday
B. Omelette with 3 cherry tomatoes, chopped Ayrshire Middle, 2 chestnut mushrooms, mix of Swiss chard/rocket/spinach and parsley. Less sugar latte.
L. 3 walnuts , black Tea and 2 Lotus biscuits.
D. Chicken breast with bacon and mushrooms and steamed mixed winter greens. 1 air fried chicken thigh (was cooking them for tomorrow but was overcome by the aroma and the longing for a crispy chicken skin)
Had grandson No 2 here today so had to contend with his eating habits still he polished off 2 plateful of "pasta basagne " as he calls it. 2 cups of milk , fruit strings , strawberries with a smashed up choc ice. It was over a period of 4 hours though.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: none
S: Kind nut bar (16g carbs)
L: don't usually eat lunch on a weekday, but the small portion of leftover curry needed finishing... and it was delicious.
D: 2 bratwurst and green beans.

Stuffed. My system doesn't seem to want nearly as much food as it used to. Which is both good and bad. I mean, less appetite has to be good, doesn't it? But then, if my metabolic rate is reducing with age too, then there is no gain, is there? Hey ho.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Monday
Breakfast - Porridge with almond milk and ground flax seed.
Lunch - fry up with 2 rashers of thick cut bacon, farm eggs, mushrooms and a piece of lorne sausage
Dinner - homemade veggie soup

Reactions: Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Mr C's day off:

Breakfast: Chipolata sausages x 4 plus a couple of spoons of baked beans
Lunch: Nothing
Dinner: Mr C is cooking - Roasted mediterranean vegetables with feta cheese crumbled over and a marinated lamb steak. All very Greek.

LOL - Mr C has always said he hates cabbage so I normally eat it when he's at work. But we had one in the fridge that needed eating so yesterday was Mr C's first time with the creamy cheesey cabbage and he was pulling faces and making yuck noises as I was cooking it. I asked him to just try it so he put the barest minimum on his fork when tasting it with the promise that he wouldn't eat it any more than the taste.. He absolutely loved it - scoffed the lot on his plate AND the leftovers. The dogs were so disappointed.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Red berries with cream

L. Thin slice ham and sliver of Stilton

40 minutes swimming

D. Sea bass fillets with sugar snaps and asparagus tips. 6 strawberries with cream.

I have a pomegranate pot in case it's needed during Masterchef final. :)

Ps. I haven't tried the cheesy cabbage as its me that's not sure not my other half. I think I will try it in the new year.

Reactions: Chook and DeejayR

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tuesday

breakfast - porridge with almond milk and ground flax seed
lunch - lidl tomato and basil soup (needed something portable I could share with MIL :))
Dinner - spicy chilli beef stir fry.

Steak, cheesey cabbage and asparagus

I'm fancying the cheesy cabbage too one day later this week :happy:, perhaps with a gammon steak and some red pepper.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: avocado, Stilton, ham
L: 7 pigs in blankets - 9g carbs
D: Just Cook Thai Chicken Curry 8g carbs

and then ...

S: 2 x puff pastry mince pies - around 44g for the pies, plus the brandy sauce

But hey, it's Christmas and I've worked so hard all year so I think a slight relaxation should be allowed?

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B Boiled egg, Marmite toast (half Lidl roll)
L Chunk of nut roast left over from previous dinner
D Chicken tagine with lemons and black olives, steamed veg. Supposed to be preserved lemons which I couldn't get so I mucked about with real ones and some salt and a microwave. I can't say it failed since I don't know what preserved lemons are supposed to taste like :)
S Roast mixed nuts

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wednesday
B/L
1 gluten free sausage, 2 chestnut mushrooms, 4 cherry tomatoes , fried egg, 1 slice Ayrshire middle and a less sugar latte.
Got out tonight - grandsons at swimming club party so we all had a meal downstairs.
1 white wine spritzer with soda 1 Cobra Zero.
Lentil soup
Chicken Balmoral with whiskey sauce, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots and a mixed leaf salad.
(Told waiter "No potatoes " which he repeated , thought about it , then said "would you like chips then?)
2 more less sugar latte throughout the day.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast: Two boiled eggs and buttered Lidl protein roll soldiers

Dinner: Something mysterious from the freezer. Its home made and Mr C has forgotten to put a label on it. :rolleyes: I think it is either a beef or lamb stew or casserole. Whatever it is I'm having broccoli with it.

Lesson learned: never let Mr C defrost a freezer unsupervised cos he is a bit unreliable at putting it all back.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Red berries with Greek yoghurt

L. Stilton and ham

Short swim

D. Roast ham with sprouting broccoli. Strawberries and yoghurt.
Pot of pomegranate ready for Masterchef final. :)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wednesday
Breakfast - porridge
lunch - homemade leek, broccoli and cheddar soup
dinner - baked haddock with butter sauce and mixed veg

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Due to my forgetful state - statin induces I think, I have been neglecting to take my thyroxine - so today I have no appetite - hence several snacks - two slices of beef, one of turkey, some cucumber, cheese, nuts, grapes, and I was going to have a tomato, but by the time I had walked to the other fridge I had forgotten about it. Sigh

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday

B/L Had to combine as the next stage of the Christmas shop followed the school/nursery run in an attempt to miss the bad weather!
Lidl High Protein Roll with lidl German sausage, lettuce, tomato and Helmanns.
D. Escaped the weather earlier but son then decided he wanted to go out later with me as chauffeur just when it was chucking it down! Eventually
Rump steak, mushrooms, shredded lettuce, tomato, 1/2 avocado and 3 walnuts.
Less sugar latte and a square of hubby's mint chocolate!
Grandson No 1 said I needed to get home for the arrival of the Elf Transport ( I needed to explain why there were so many wrapped parcels in our home so helping Santa seems to have worked)

Sent from my SM-G935F using DCUK Forum mobile app

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Today:

Breakfast: Eggs, bacon, chipolatas, mushrooms and a couple of Napolina tinned tomatoes.

Snack: I'm making truffles and chocolate nut clusters for Christmas so will be forced to sample them.

Snack: I'm making the low carb Christmas cake and a low carb chocolate brandy torte - so may well have to test the mixtures by dipping a finger in and slurping

Dinner: M&S Prawn curry and cauliflower rice

Snack: Probably some Gaviscon after all the sampling and tasting. ;) and/or a few brazil nuts.

I got 10 packs of Lindt and Green & Blacks out of the kitchen freezer and the dogs haven't left the kitchen since.

Reactions: Mongolia

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The menu plan is set for the next few days

Xmas Eve eve

B: Yoghurt
L:Ham salad
D: Poach Sea Bass in butter sauce, spinach, caramelised carrot and coli mash

Xmas Eve

Brunch down the local cafe
D: we have 15 round to feed
Roast Gammon, dauphinoise potatoes, braised red cabbage
Sacher Torta (that not low carb)
Cheese platter, crackers and celery

25th

D: Duck Breast stir fry veg

26th
B: A dip in the sea, if I survive....................then
L: Salmon, roasted celerac and green veggies - what ever is left over
D: Cold meats and home made coleslaw - Red and white cabbage, shallots, chives, creme fraich, dijon mustard and mayo