What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

memememeiii

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dunno. Strange question.
I'm not sure how remaining working life is a big thing in any of this, as hopefully you have many, many more functional years ahead of you.

Of course, we're all different, but when manking changes for myself, or when talking to others about Change (I worked for many years in Structural and Cultural Change), if I look at a temporary "experiment", I always ask myself, what I would do if I found that rally worked, having already identified I couldn't sustain it.

Notwithstanding any of that, one change at a time is the way forward in my life. I find that gives me clear, robust metrics from which to make decisions.
Thanks for that. I completely agree - experimentation (? Did I understand you correctly ?) is a good way to go with this. Taking a light mental approach to this. I'm loosening my grip, having heard back from Dr. Taylor's office. Seems they get fairly good results still with people up to 10 years diabetic, so while I feel a burning need to work hard, I also know...this has to be for life. I meant that to lose 100 lbs will take up to 2 years. I can't see it happening in a year, though some do it. I might surprise myself.

Currently tightening the program and now following the protein shakes and 200 g of veg daily for the next eight weeks. Plus working out 2-3 times a day, which is my modus operandi. A workout is either cardio or weights. My third workout is swimming, when the pool on our compound is warm enough...which is now.

Reactions: Serena51

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not feeling great today so decided to have my fast early this month in an attempt to limit any damage caused by silly bgs.

B: 3 mugs Tea with almond milk:
MMS: Nothing
L: 2 1.5 pint mugs tea with almond milk
MAS: Decaf coffee with double cream and Inulin
D: Bone broth

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Well my body is clearly trying to adjust to something. Another ravenous day and decided to run with it for now as BG levels have been fine. Today’s (over) consumption has been:

Breakfast - none.

Lunch - smoked salmon and cream cheese, M&S 100% chocolate (have decided it’s too bitter and not as nice as other 100%), extra thick double cream, bag of pork crunch.

Dinner - tried out a new Lebanese takeaway. Lamb sharwama meat with salad followed by extra thick double cream mixed with almond butter and 2 Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons. Still hungry (!) so ate a Lidl protein roll with almond butter.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Better day today sat in hotel bar with mum and aunt waiting for the “act” but planning early night. Managed a long 10 mile along coast with OH a great break for us both - left them all by the pool. Came back to cool down with a swim before dinner. Done me good but not checked bgs today as wanted to reduce the stress........
Breakfast 2 boiled eggs with about 10 walnuts
Lunch grilled sole and green salad
Dinner salmon, mayonnaise and green salad starter, turkey breast and cheese main about to have a coffee ! Better choices today helps that they had a roast - not available other days.
Just one more day to navigate.......

Last edited:

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not feeling great today so decided to have my fast early this month in an attempt to limit any damage caused by silly bgs.

B: 3 mugs Tea with almond milk:
MMS: Nothing
L: 2 1.5 pint mugs tea with almond milk
MAS: Decaf coffee with double cream and Inulin
D: Bone broth
Hope you are feeling better? I’ve been suffering with a sore throat on and off since yesterday hoping it’s not going to progress into anything nasty!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
10am low carb hot chocolate with cream
3pm 3 x Black Farmers sausages (Mr B’s sausage obsession strikes AGAIN)
6pm egg mayo with cheese batons wrapped in chorizo.

May have goatsmilk yog and cream later
Lovely food choices, love a nice sausage and chorizo is one of my favourite foods

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone, despite feeling a little bit under the weather it’s been a good day.
Breakfast - ham and cheese followed a little later by 2 pigs in blankets and a coffee, pre meeting canapés at work
Lunch - remainder of my home made cauliflower soup
Afternoon snack - cappuccino and an Adonis bar
Dinner - pork chops, kale, mushrooms, raspberries with cream

Attachments

• AE500DEF-715D-42B7-9E05-EE535CFE99FD.jpeg
    AE500DEF-715D-42B7-9E05-EE535CFE99FD.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 383

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
B - jumbo oats made with almond milk, knob of butter melted in and topped with raspberries and a coffee
coffee
boiled egg
D - wholemeal sandwich with German baked ham and garlic & herb Philadelphia and a peanut & choc protein bar
coffee
T - mince and mushrooms done in oxo, boiled charlotte potatoes, steamed sprouts and a square Lindt 90%
coffee
3 pints water throughout the day x

vanillapie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
L: Low carb bagel with turkey, Leerdammer and spinach
D: Chicken breast wrapped in cheese and bacon, scrambled eggs, broccoli rice
Snacks: Adonis blondie, Light and Free Skyr

Really enjoying Light and Free Skyr as a relatively lowcarb yoghurt (5.7g per pot) but at £1 a pot that I think I need to spread them out over the week!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream (2 tsp) washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: fried halloumi chips, salad of raw cauliflower and broccoli with mayo followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid-afternoon: orange chia pudding and a black coffee.
Dinner: chicken supreme, mixed veggies and two tiny hasselback potatoes (totalling 35g weight, 5.2g carbs!) followed by Oppo vanilla ice cream, strawberries and one square of Prèt a Manger salted dark chocolate.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow I'm way behind again. Been feeling a bit down and I don't know if it is just a case of I'm tired or if it is everything that's going on with my family healthwise. Just can't shake it and I've tried. Anyway
Monday bed 7.4 FBG 7.8
B. Just coffee.
L. Remains of the prawn cocktail and fresh anchovies with mozzarella pearls and Santini tomatoes.
D. The M&S chicken flatties are back so had a honey and beer one with lettuce, tomato, baby beets, mozzarella pearls and a couple of walnuts.
2 squares of Lindt 90%.
Tuesday - bed 7.6 FBG 7.3
B. Found more prawn cocktail and anchovies and had a tablespoon of each for breakfast much to Hubby's disgust. Also Santini tomatoes and a couple of baby beets.
L. Just coffee
D. Morrison's pork ribs with a Chinese rub , cheese coleslaw and a couple of baby beets.
4 squares of Lindt 90% still didn't cheer me up.
Today Wednesday Bed 7.4 FBG 7.6 so still sitting high. I don't feel unwell apart from achy arms and feeling down in the dumps. Got to aqua fit and the gym and even that didn't cheer me as it usually does.
B. Hubby still yukking at me as today's breakfast was the remains of M&S coronation chicken with 2 hot and spicy chicken wings and 2 baby beets.
L. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream and 10 salami crisps.
D. Remains of the hot and spicy chicken wings with lettuce, tomatoes, mozzarella pearls, baby beets. Scoop of Halo Top with 6 raspberries.
Had my first Adonis bar today - coconut, vanilla and acia. My tastes have changed - I see it had cashews in it and I hate cashews but I liked that bar. Also I loathed mint but I like mint Halo Top??
Also dragged Hubby to B&Q after gym to get more flowers to fill in where the spring bulbs are dying back. Was looking later for something for a very shaded area of the garden and we are going in search of a Brunnera! Must admit I thought it said Brunneria at first but there are loads of them
So Brunnera is hardy, perennial , likes shade as it crisps up in sunshine and is fond of a damp soil?? Also is very pretty - I like the Jack Frost variety and at least it cheered me up a bit.

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
decaf coffee
heavy cream
stevia
salad
salad dressing
maybe blueberries later

Reactions: ianpspurs

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was looking later for something for a very shaded area of the garden and we are going in search of a Brunnera! Must admit I thought it said Brunneria at first but there are loads of them
So Brunnera is hardy, perennial , likes shade as it crisps up in sunshine and is fond of a damp soil?? Also is very pretty - I like the Jack Frost variety and at least it cheered me up a bit.

Sorry to hear you’re feeling a bit low.

Strange how the forum crops up in daily life. There is a shop near my office called bluetit London, which makes me think of the forum every time I walk past!

The brunneras look lovely.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you are feeling better? I’ve been suffering with a sore throat on and off since yesterday hoping it’s not going to progress into anything nasty!
Thanks Janey. I am just sleepy so have rested all day. Fasting has kept bg under control so that's good. Hope your sore throat doesn't progress.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, started to post about an hour ago but it’s taken that long to catch up on all the news.
Hope you start to feel better soon @Goonergal @maglil55 @jayney27 sounds like there might be a bit of a bug doing the rounds.
@Rachox I note the mod crown next to your avatar, great news, well done. I loved Oxford by the way, fabulous city.
Topped up the chocolate buttons at Hotel Chocolate

My friends and I hired a house for our break this time rather than hotel, which was a good idea. I took the trusty lemon drizzle cake, which they all loved ( and one person took a chunk of back to their diabetic dad to show him ‘diabetic’ food doesn’t mean rabbit food)

We had breakfasts out and they were happy with my suggestions of full English type rather than coffee and croissant types.
I didn’t need lunch, they all had afternoon tea and cake though and didn’t press
me to have more than coffee, which I was grateful for.
Evening meals were fine too. Loch Fyne one night ( fresh hake, spinach and samphire) and a fabulous Lebanese restaurant next night - this is my new favourite cuisine: so much lovely low carb food.
Ate at Ask tonight, the pollo and pancetta salad, jolly nice. Oh and half of a bottle of malbec.

I took spare Adonis bars with me just in case but only ate one.

@shelley262 hope you have a good trip home and can get back to normal asap.
I had a great time but I am a bit relieved to be home and back in control.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Janey. I am just sleepy so have rested all day. Fasting has kept bg under control so that's good. Hope your sore throat doesn't progress.
Thank you, so far it’s not any worse, hopefully it will be gone by the morning. Good to read that you have managed to keep you BG levels down, fingers crossed for a better day for you tomorrow :)

Reactions: ianpspurs