What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8511E6E6-201A-4170-8F20-CE70FCB89D79.jpeg

Reactions: Geranium72

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. One of those days that was going along as normal and then hit by a sudden attack of hunger.

Breakfast - none

Lunch - M&S Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos and a 25g bag of almonds

Dinner - Nando’s. 3 plain wings, plain leg and half an avocado.

Evening snacks - attack of hunger when I got home so have just had large portion of extra thick double cream mixed with Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons and a 65g bag of salted almonds.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @maglil55 i must have got the same pop up as you, I have ordered the trial size, just out of curiosity, as you say it might be ok as a store cupboard addition, my order has been dispatched so I will let you know what I think when I’ve tried it.

I’ve also just ordered the trial pack so will be interested to compare notes afterwards.

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My youngest daughter is here today - up from Cornwall for a friend’s wedding and to share a hug over Tilly.
We had a lovely breakfast together -
Halloumi, mushrooms, 1/2 grilled tomato and avocado. Coffee and cream

L: Brazil nuts (50 g pot from Tesco, v convenient) hot chocolate made with almond milk and cocoa powder and sweetener.

D: with daughter and a vegetarian friend she invited round - Saag paneer ( recipe on Bbc good food website, only 4g carbs per portion and it was delicious) and cauli rice. I also made a chana masala (chick pea thing) but only had a very small portion.
A bottle of fizz shared between us in the garden beforehand.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Americano coffee waiting to meet my cousin in Wetherspoons sitting outside in the glorious heat at 9.30am!
Lunch was at a bistro cafe. I just fancied tapas and a glass of wine in the sun whilst replying to a letter from my aunt. So I had chicken and chorizo kebabs (2) and halloumi cheese which normally comes grilled but seemed to be in bread crumbs so I had a real treat. 2 glasses of saivignon blanc.

At about 8pm I decided to have 3 large strawberries with full fat Greek yoghurt. Wasn't really hungry but don't want my weight to drop any lower.

Just sipping my coffee with cream in bed now on the forum.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got back late from our Spa break, so just catching up! Today,
Late Breakfast: cooked b’fast of scrambled egg, bacon, sausage, tomato and mushrooms with black coffee.
No lunch as b’fast was late.
Mid afternoon: Diet Pepsi and phd bar.
Dinner: ham, Nobby’s nuts, SF jelly and a blue Adonis bar.
Oh I didn’t say, yesterday I forgot to take any almond milk with me, I usually have a drink of hot or cold almond milk at bedtime, coffee keeps me awake, so I mixed some double cream which I’d bought to go with strawberries earlier, with water, about half and half for my bedtime drink. It was lovely :hungry::)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Got back late from our Spa break, so just catching up! Today,
Late Breakfast: cooked b’fast of scrambled egg, bacon, sausage, tomato and mushrooms with black coffee.
No lunch as b’fast was late.
Mid afternoon: Diet Pepsi and phd bar.
Dinner: ham, Nobby’s nuts, SF jelly and a blue Adonis bar.
Oh I didn’t say, yesterday I forgot to take any almond milk with me, I usually have a drink of hot or cold almond milk at bedtime, coffee keeps me awake, so I mixed some double cream which I’d bought to go with strawberries earlier, with water, about half and half for my bedtime drink. It was lovely :hungry::)
Hope you had a fab time. Spa breaks are so nice. Bet you are really relaxed.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
O/T ish does anyone take vitamin B complex or B12 and if so which ones and do you find them helpful in any ways?
Thanks in anticipation

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
O/T ish does anyone take vitamin B complex or B12 and if so which ones and do you think or find them helpful?
Thanks in anticipation

I started taking Vitamin B complex when I got my first ‘dodgy’ cholesterol result, I am against taking statins and wanted to ‘ ‘improve’ my readings (if indeed they really needed to be improved, but that’s another discussion!), to try to help convince my GP that cholesterol wasn’t an issue. I read that niacin (B3) helps improve cholesterol levels, and also that Metformin can cause B12 deficiency, so thought they could be useful. I also started drinking Benecol drink at the same time as the vit B tablets so the improvement shown in my cholesterol numbers could be attributed to either. I just buy a no frills B complex from Tesco.

Reactions: DJC3 and dbr10

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I also started drinking Benecol drink at the same time as the vit B tablets so the improvement shown in my cholesterol numbers could be attributed to either. I just buy a no frills B complex from Tesco.
Thanks Rachox very useful not cholesterol related enquiry just following a lead on another enquiry

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, as arrow would have it feeling hot hot hot - did take a few hours here though. I didn't do a third OMAD day in a row today as weight well down but bg fairly average - heat or off colour? I think having the 1 meal at lunchtime would be best but my wife can't eat at lunchtime in this heat. Menu below

B: 3 pint mugs tea with almond milk
MMS None
L:Fulfil Vanilla and Strawberry bar - 6.1 gms carb it claims. (Attempt to see what could be bought off the shelf if visiting son - not unpleasant taste but wouldn’t either keep it in the fridge again or buy unless nothing else available (.4 rise); Iced French Vanilla coffee with soya milk; water with lime slices
MAS: Water after static bike workout
D: Cheese, egg (ours) and avocado salad topped with chia seed and pysllium husk powder; Olive Oil and ACV vinaigrette (never forget the Dijon); small slice buffalo rib; h/m high fibre chocolate bar ( flaxseed, more psyllium, walnuts, inulin dehydrated raspberry) Water with slices of lime (0 rise after 2 hrs)

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all very hot and unfortunately lots of indoor work to do! Going to get out in garden in a bit for watering etc.
@ianpspurs yes I take a cheap vitamin b complex someone suggested it on forum and with very low carb at the time I was concerned not getting enough! Prob taken it for 6 months not sure if has any impact but feel it’s a good one to continue to take.
@Rachox never heard about vit B lowering cholesterol not sure it did for me mind you if it did my may 13.8 cholesterol may have been higher! I’ve just started taking plant sterols - I did initially start with a spread but really don’t like the taste much too artificial so just moved on to high dose plant sterol pills. Gather they take three weeks to see a difference so will plan another private test then to see if got it down from the 10.8 test of a couple of weeks ago before my nhs one due in mid August! Like you I don’t want statins!
Breakfast one boiled egg with slice LC bread and coffee with inulin
Lunch five crispbreads (0.3g carb each) with pate followed by slice of choc olive oil cake
Dinner chicken breast with broccoli and cauliflower cheese and braised celery followed by strawberries and fage yoghurt.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs yes I take a cheap vitamin b complex someone suggested it on forum and with very low carb at the time I was concerned not getting enough! Prob taken it for 6 months not sure if has any impact but feel it’s a good one to continue to take.
@Rachox never heard about vit B lowering cholesterol not sure it did for me mind you if it did my may 13.8 cholesterol may have been higher! I’ve just started taking plant sterols - I did initially start with a spread but really don’t like the taste much too artificial so just moved on to high dose plant sterol pills. Gather they take three weeks to see a difference so will plan another private test then to see if got it down from the 10.8 test of a couple of weeks ago before my nhs one due in mid August! Like you I don’t want statins!

From the cholesterol test before vit B complex and Benecol to the test afterwards, with no change in diet (same low carb, moderate fat) my cholesterol total was the same. However my HDL increased and LDL decreased, so it did show improvement although GP didn’t think so til I pointed out that the breakdown had improved, he had just looked at the total :rolleyes:

Reactions: DJC3

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone, yes another hot day and like you @shelley262 i was trapped indoors for most of, didn’t have a chance to eat my lunch outside or take my lunchtime walk as I was training today.
B - I had baked eggs with bacon, cheese and tomato, everyone thought I had quiche and were quite envious :)
L - 3 of my bacon halloumi thingies with a couple of cherry tomatoes
Snack of chocolate coffee almonds
D - pork pattie, slice of cheese (pretending to be a burger) celeriac chips mushrooms and some asparagus tips, didn’t want to waste them.

Attachments

• 14AAE830-BBED-4FAF-BB61-8A6965149840.jpeg
    14AAE830-BBED-4FAF-BB61-8A6965149840.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 377
  • E8B957F6-D49A-4394-BAC8-AA38D3F1703C.jpeg
    E8B957F6-D49A-4394-BAC8-AA38D3F1703C.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 360
  • 07841835-59E8-4D5B-A338-3332E4145985.jpeg
    07841835-59E8-4D5B-A338-3332E4145985.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 390
Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.6 FBG 6.2. 43rd wedding anniversary today but still racing around as normal. Aqua this morning and going to take other brother (who's out of hospital now) to visit sister who feels well enough for visitors in between another aqua class and usual school pick ups. Painting still going on next door. It's an hour drive to sister's so I have to allow for the round trip to get back to pick up the grandsons.
Still hubby did get a big bouquet delivered so they are brightening the house.
B. Finally made @jayney27's halloumi thingies. Had 4 of them. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Back from aqua/swimming and had another 4 of the halloumi thingies. They are rather addictive. I could live on these and salami crisps quite easily.
D. Still rather hot so had the DD chipolte pork chop with the steamed green beans with the avocado mixed through.
@jayney27 - any word on the lo dough?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12.30pm cheesy mince
5pm a wasabi cracker
6.30pm the dietdoctor chicken feta olive pesto thing.

This no veg thing is fascinating.
Hardly tasted veg in around 6 months, and i was served some raw onion sitting on a burger last week. I took the onion off, but just the juice left on the meat was too much.
Then today my beloved cooked himself some cauli rice. Oh My Goodness! The stench. Quite turned my stomach.
And i had to pull the olives out of my bowl this evening. Too intense.

Giving up sweet things was something i wanted to happen.
Finding veg so unappetising is a completely unexpected.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 6.6 FBG 6.2. 43rd wedding anniversary today but still racing around as normal. Aqua this morning and going to take other brother (who's out of hospital now) to visit sister who feels well enough for visitors in between another aqua class and usual school pick ups. Painting still going on next door. It's an hour drive to sister's so I have to allow for the round trip to get back to pick up the grandsons.
Still hubby did get a big bouquet delivered so they are brightening the house.
B. Finally made @jayney27's halloumi thingies. Had 4 of them. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Back from aqua/swimming and had another 4 of the halloumi thingies. They are rather addictive. I could live on these and salami crisps quite easily.
D. Still rather hot so had the DD chipolte pork chop with the steamed green beans with the avocado mixed through.
@jayney27 - any word on the lo dough?
Hi no lo dough yet, maybe tomorrow and yes those halloumi thingies are very addictive, those, salami crisps and chocolate olive oil cake are my 3 top finds and what I currently enjoy most, I’m also partial to a bullet proof coffee now and then.