What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Back home again but weekend went okay - got lots done and not too bad a journey back thankfully. Mum in quite good form which was good to see.
Breakfast two rashers of bacon, a few mushrooms and fried egg
Mid morning slice low carb lemon drizzle cake
Late lunch mackerel in olive oil mixed with some hummus and served with four low carb seed crispbreads
Dinner steak served with celeriac chips ( agree @Guzzler celeriac is amazing) and mushrooms with glass of red wine followed by four strawberries and a few spoons of fage yoghurt and one square of 85% choc with decaff coffee.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s such a shame when that happens to something you like isn’t it? :banghead:
Yes! Very annoying!

Or your favourite supermarket stops stocking something you love. My Tesco has just stopped stocking coconut cream, an essential ingredient for my coconut porridge :( I had to drive right round to the other side of the city to Waitrose to stock up, I bought 10 tins, should last me a month! Tesco have also stopped selling phd protein bars which I recently discovered, however I have found them cheaper on Amazon.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold roast chicken, salad of cauliflower, broccoli and yellow tomatoes with coleslaw and pork scratchings followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid-afternoon: phd bar and black coffee.
Dinner at ILs, salad cold meats, cheeses and one Jaffa cake.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
B: 2 rashers of bacon with cheesy scrambled eggs. Cup of tea and little full fat milk

L: 2 pieces of 85% chocolate with a cup of tea

D: spag bol with pasta bows (cooked cooled and reheated). Glass of red. No spike.

S: one 'thins' cracker with brie and some mixed nuts

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't think I posted yesterdays food, but sorry if I did and this is just a repeat.

10am steak and eggs in pub garden. too hot to walk the dogs, so this was the only outing they got all day. They very much enjoyed the tough bits of steak. There were a disappointing amount of tough bits, from my perspective, and a lovely lot from their perspective.
7pm cheesy mince and some more of the posh choc I bought on hol. Another disappointment. Will stick to Lindt, Hotel Choc and the bigger names. Sorry to say that these small artisan brands often don't have what I am looking for, yet charge nearly twice as much.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Hi Everyone,
B. Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on slice of HiLo toast, black tea, black coffee
L. Salad of leaves, half apple, feta and pecans. Granola slice.
Snack. Mixed nuts, diet ginger beer.
D. Edamame dip with crudite. Halloumi fried with onions, pepper and courgette. Rhubarb (sweetened with Truvia) and plain yoghurt

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, very hot today singlet and sandals day here so all good. The weather presented an opportunity to experiment with OMAD although I suspect the double cream in the coffee and the almond milk in the tea invalidated that for purity but I will try again later in the week as it will stay hot. Actual menu below:
B: 3 pints tea with almond milk
MMS Waitrose mug coffee with double cream
L: Exotic mango coke (sugar free)
MAS: Water
D: 2 small Pieces of steak, 2 small ribs from barbeque yesterday probably 75-80 gms of meat in all, if that and salad topped with chia seed and pysllium husk powder;Avocado; High fibre chocolate bar h/m 100% chocolate, flaxseed, walnut, inulin and psyllium husk powder; Water with slices of lime; Olive Oil and ACV vinaigrette (Eaten in 40 min window to try for OMAD). Wouldn't normally eat 2 courses but swimming lesson tomorrow morning and I find that really hard work ( I think one is supposed to breathe) but won't eat beforehand.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
9B78646E-CE6B-463A-B0F7-79DA72EE33DE.jpeg
Hi all phew still hot just did quick garden watering - strawberries still cropping!
Breakfast one boiled egg and slice LC bread
Lunch small tin mackerel in olive oil with four of my LC crispbreads ( think will be making these weekly hooked on them they don’t taste Low carb but work out as 0.3 g each the size I make ive put my adapted recipe here if anyone wants to try them. I use 50g of milled flaxseed, 10 of psyllium husk and remainder mixed whole seeds.They are based on a DD recipe)Followed by slice of choc olive oil cake
Dinner bolognese with 30g of bean spaghetti followed by strawberries and fage yoghurt
Looking after the puppy tomorrow but looks like it won’t be walkies in this heat.

Geranium72

Busy day at work so not much time to stop and eat.
B- a cooked cold sausage
L- leftover steak burger from last night with salad leaves and Caesar dressing, a few pecan nuts
T- home made chilli with avocado and fat head nachos- delicious but so filling- there’s leftovers for tomorrow!
Creme brûlée as yesterday as the recipe made 3.
Lots of water and diet squash through the day

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 27312 Hi all phew still hot just did quick garden watering - strawberries still cropping!
LC crispbreads ( think will be making these weekly hooked on them they don’t taste Low carb but work out as 0.3 g each the size I make ive put my adapted recipe here if anyone wants to try them. I use 50g of milled flaxseed, 10 of psyllium husk and remainder mixed whole seeds.They are based on a DD recipe).
@shelley262 Thanks for the adapted LC crispbreads recipe they look like they would suit me. My meal earlier gave a 0.5 rise at 2 hrs so that target was met I await any delayed rise but inch by inch for now.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, very hot today singlet and sandals day here so all good. The weather presented an opportunity to experiment with OMAD although I suspect the double cream in the coffee and the almond milk in the tea invalidated that for purity but I will try again later in the week as it will stay hot. Actual menu below:
B: 3 pints tea with almond milk
MMS Waitrose mug coffee with double cream
L: Exotic mango coke (sugar free)
MAS: Water
D: 2 small Pieces of steak, 2 small ribs from barbeque yesterday probably 75-80 gms of meat in all, if that and salad topped with chia seed and pysllium husk powder;Avocado; High fibre chocolate bar h/m 100% chocolate, flaxseed, walnut, inulin and psyllium husk powder; Water with slices of lime; Olive Oil and ACV vinaigrette (Eaten in 40 min window to try for OMAD). Wouldn't normally eat 2 courses but swimming lesson tomorrow morning and I find that really hard work ( I think one is supposed to breathe) but won't eat beforehand.
Yes breathing is recommended when swimming ‍♂️

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 27312 Hi all phew still hot just did quick garden watering - strawberries still cropping!
Breakfast one boiled egg and slice LC bread
Lunch small tin mackerel in olive oil with four of my LC crispbreads ( think will be making these weekly hooked on them they don’t taste Low carb but work out as 0.3 g each the size I make ive put my adapted recipe here if anyone wants to try them. I use 50g of milled flaxseed, 10 of psyllium husk and remainder mixed whole seeds.They are based on a DD recipe)Followed by slice of choc olive oil cake
Dinner bolognese with 30g of bean spaghetti followed by strawberries and fage yoghurt
Looking after the puppy tomorrow but looks like it won’t be walkies in this heat.
Thank you for sharing your adapted version of the recipe, I am keen to try them.

Reactions: ianpspurs