What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still under the weather and eating a bit erratically.

Highlight of the day was slow cooked lamb breast - set it off this morning covered in butter mixed with garlic, lime zest, pink Himalayan salt and rosemary. Very nice tender, fatty piece, with plenty left for tomorrow.

Aside from that an assortment of cheese, pickled onions (very good buy), nuts, cream and some chocolate almond squares - haven’t made those in ages.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Highlight of the day was slow cooked lamb breast - set it off this morning covered in butter mixed with garlic, lime zest, pink Himalayan salt and rosemary. Very nice tender, fatty piece, with plenty left for tomorrow.

Aside from that an assortment of cheese, pickled onions (very good buy), nuts, cream and some chocolate almond squares - haven’t made those in ages.

Hope you feel better soon. The lamb sounds wonderful, but I’d forgotten about those chocolate almond squares, now I’m going to have to make some too ( and I don’t have the excuse of being ill!)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Prudence decided to leave home and toyed with going on a bender today - not food related. Tea with almond milk, CWC and SF caramel syrup, latte in W...... until around 6.20 pm. Meal will be hand or spring of pork (can't tell now) but from a local farm with their own butcher, best lc gravy/demi glace we and W... can muster, purple sprouting broccoli (local) and maybe cheese. Bg seems to have a mind of its own so anything could happen after that. The Prudence issue relates to the 2 (male) Springador puppies reserved for picking up next weekend - only way I will ever consistently do 10k steps. No idea of what collateral damage they'll do to the house but I think I played a blinder to restrict Julie to just 2.
View attachment 39223

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunday so had breakfast as a treat - scrambled eggs and chipotle cheddar. Lots of coffee.
Lunch was https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-meat-pie - It’s pastry Jim but not as we know it! I really like the slightly sweet nuttiness the coconut flour gives but I know some people don’t ( luckily everyone here did) roast broccoli and buttered cabbage with it.
IMG_2038.jpg

Doubt I’ll eat again today but might have a gin and soda later. @PenguinMum I bought some more of that gorgeous Seville Orange and Persian lime gin from Aldi at the weekend.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunday so had breakfast as a treat - scrambled eggs and chipotle cheddar. Lots of coffee.
Lunch was https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-meat-pie - It’s pastry Jim but not as we know it! I really like the slightly sweet nuttiness the coconut flour gives but I know some people don’t ( luckily everyone here did) roast broccoli and buttered cabbage with it. View attachment 39222
Doubt I’ll eat again today but might have a gin and soda later. @PenguinMum I bought some more of that gorgeous Seville Orange and Persian lime gin from Aldi at the weekend.
Have to say food looks lovely and the coconut flour quiche we made was really nice for me but Food Fairy unimpressed so never repeated. @Goonergal hope you soon regain full fitness. Asda in Bury St Edmunds had the pickled onions but - in a very broad Suffolk accent uttered something like whaaaaat? re the Schnieder Brot.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5A050349-F70A-4B2D-8ADB-FE2FA43134DF.jpeg
Went to a tapas party yesterday evening and made a frittata cut into slices it was wonderful - but unfortunately very popular so only got a thin slice!
Saturday
Breakfast bacon and egg
Trunch ( tea and lunch!) lc seeded crackers and cheese plus two pieces of dd lc nut and seed bars
Dinner at party - starving as normally eat early and food at party was not available until about 9 by which stage I had had two glasses of prossecco and was starving!
Managed small slice frittata, garlic chicken breast bites, shrimps in garlic, some cheese and garlic sausage everyone else had mountains of potatoe related dishes and carrots in sweet sauce! Followed by fruit salad for others and slabs of white chocolate! ( what!) - suprise had to refuse!
Got home at midnight still hungry so ended up with two squares of 95% choc and a dd lc nut and seed bar! Unfortunately woke up a couple of hours later with indigestion- luckily a very, very rare occurrence these days!
Sunday
Felt a bit yuk today - not helped by bojo visiting Bewdley today to ‘cheer us up’ or as he put it “Get Bewdley done” so ended up fasting all day and trying to get myself feeling more myself!
Omad had lc seededcrackers with glass of dry white. Then Hereford beef with roast celeriac and cauliflower mash with glass of red. Will have sf jelly and cream later......
on a positive got three days work done and hope to get out for a walk tomorrow after being indoors whilst working!

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have to say food looks lovely and the coconut flour quiche we made was really nice for me but Food Fairy unimpressed so never repeated. @Goonergal hope you soon regain full fitness. Asda in Bury St Edmunds had the pickled onions but - in a very broad Suffolk accent uttered something like whaaaaat? re the Schnieder Brot.

It surprises me that you liked the coconut flour pastry - I know you’re not keen on coconut generally. Shame Julie wasn’t a fan though.
Sorry you haven’t been able to get the Schneider brot at your new Asda though. I’m going to battle the loo roll buying hordes this week to see if I can find it. .

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It surprises me that you liked the coconut flour pastry - I know you’re not keen on coconut generally. Shame Julie wasn’t a fan though.
Sorry you haven’t been able to get the Schneider brot at your new Asda though. I’m going to battle the loo roll buying hordes this week to see if I can find it. .
I absolutely detest the texture of coconut or the taste of (most) coconut oil but use coconut milk and creamed coconut happily. The pastry had both a texture and taste I could have lived with compared to the nasty (IMHO) taste of almond flour pastry/bread etc. Weirdly, I like most almond milk and can eat raw almonds - violent dislike of marzipan or almonds in other ways. Forgot to say, glad you made the time to post and hope family issues ease (ing)

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and Chook

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 39224 Went to a tapas party yesterday evening and made a frittata cut into slices it was wonderful - but unfortunately very popular so only got a thin slice!
Saturday
Breakfast bacon and egg
Trunch ( tea and lunch!) lc seeded crackers and cheese plus two pieces of dd lc nut and seed bars
Dinner at party - starving as normally eat early and food at party was not available until about 9 by which stage I had had two glasses of prossecco and was starving!
Managed small slice frittata, garlic chicken breast bites, shrimps in garlic, some cheese and garlic sausage everyone else had mountains of potatoe related dishes and carrots in sweet sauce! Followed by fruit salad for others and slabs of white chocolate! ( what!) - suprise had to refuse!
Got home at midnight still hungry so ended up with two squares of 95% choc and a dd lc nut and seed bar! Unfortunately woke up a couple of hours later with indigestion- luckily a very, very rare occurrence these days!
Sunday
Felt a bit yuk today - not helped by bojo visiting Bewdley today to ‘cheer us up’ or as he put it “Get Bewdley done” so ended up fasting all day and trying to get myself feeling more myself!
Omad had lc seededcrackers with glass of dry white. Then Hereford beef with roast celeriac and cauliflower mash with glass of red. Will have sf jelly and cream later......
on a positive got three days work done and hope to get out for a walk tomorrow after being indoors whilst working!

I heard about the PM visiting Bewdley on the news and wondered if you’d gone along to see him!
Sorry you are not feeling quite right though, hope you can get out for a good walk tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast: Usual three egg, cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomatoes, reheated spudlite.
Lunch: Curried banana prawns.
Dinner: Roast leg of mutton, veggies, brown onion gravy.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, water.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Sorry to hear you are still under the weather. Hope you get over it soon.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Balti chicken curry with cauliflower rice, followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: raspberry phd bar and black coffee.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake :hungry:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Need to get back into this thread.
Food choices going a bit to pot.
Posting helps keep me on the right track.
So 08-03-2020
Breakfast nut granola, CWC x2 and the second half of a pack of confit chicken livers. Sadly they were not as delicious as usual. Thought perhaps had overcooked them yesterday. Used a very gentle heat, served as soon as fat had melted. Still a bit tough and chewy. Disappointing.
Lunch. Cheese on toast. Lot of sliced raclette needed using. Coleslaw(homemade)
Lettuce and cucumber. Tea.
Dinner Christmas spiced duck leg, roast celariac and one tiny potato, carrots, cauli cheese, and a braised leek. Yoghurt and raspberries. Glass and a half of wine. Lemon tea at bedtime.
@ianpspurs puppies are gorgeous.
@shelley262 floods and BoJo. Poor you. Has the water gone down yet?

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Missed another day, so here's yesterday's food.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. Half a DD keto roll with h/m mayonnaise and smoked salmon.

Lunch: Out and about. Went to a Turkish place and ordered Adana kebap with yoghurt and hot sauce, raw onions and parsley. Ayran as a drink.

Dinner: A tub (120g) of chicken liver pate, half a DD keto roll, a chicken-meat wiener sausage, about 15g of 88% chocolate, two glasses of dry red.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Tipetoo -- really well done on your HbA1c, blood sugars are really low and very stable. Congrats.
@ianpspurs -- bet you are looking forward to the puppies. Make sure to post pictures when you get them.
@Goonergal and @maglil55 -- sorry to read about your continued cold and sore throat respectively. Keeping my fingers crossed that going to nip them in the bud soon.
@maglil55 -- very funny story about the seagull and the fish.

Was starving today, so had way too much food and went over my carb allowance (about 33g today) -- really surprising that blood sugars are still in the 4s tonight.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. Half a DD keto roll with butter and smoked salmon, another half DD keto roll with chevre and green olives.

Lunch: Made some cauli mash with fried onions, garlic, tahini, butter, ginger, and cumin -- had a huge portion. Two chicken-meat wiener sausages. About 20g of 88% chocolate

Dinner: A smaller portion of the cauli mash above with a small skirt steak. A slice of homemade low-carb Sacher torte (unfortunately used salted rather than regular butter, luckily still turned out okay). Some dry red wine and a glass of chardonnay.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Reporting for yesterday and today.
Yesterday brunch was slice LivLife toast and two fried eggs, lots tea.
Supper was Beef Strogonoff and cauliflower. 2 gins & soda.
Today brekkie slice of LL toast, thick butter, tea.
Lunch will be two slices ham (needs using up) and salad.
Supper will be chicken, chorizo and red pepper with brocolli.

@SlimLizzy I havent been around this thread much but I am sorry you seem to be having challenging times wirh workload, expenses and Mr SL’s aches so sending a hug. @Goonergal get better soon, and anyone else under the weather. The bursts of sunshine and longer sunsets are a welcome treat.