What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and a Fibre One caramel protein bar. (Someone here mentioned them as being low carb, so I thought I’d try them. Thanks for the suggestion, whoever it was, sorry I can’t remember your name!)
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: kedgeree made with cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
L: 2 slices cheesy soda bread toasted with cheese on top. 1 lc hot chocolate
D: leftovers from yesterdays roast pork and vegs reheated in wok. 2 teaspoons apple puree with ff greek, cream and 4 chopped almonds. 1 sq 85%

Onlinecaroline

Brunch - Half an avocado, 2 slices of Parma ham, scrambled egg made with butter and a dollop of cream and a Heck sausage.

Dinner - Roast Chicken, Savoy cabbage, another heck sausage turned into stuffing balls, a few celeriac roasters and made a packet of peppercorn sauce with almond milk which halved the carb count. Think about 8/9g in total.

Last Kinetic Doughnut and a tea. I need to stop ordering treats but it just seems like a nice way to end the day!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
microwave flaxseed crackers - please share the recipe - I have lots of flaxseed to use up

2 tablespoons milled flaxseed mixed with 2 tablespoons water, salt and pepper and spices to taste ( I added a punch of cumin seeds on Sunday, other times I like fennel seeds).
Leave for a minute or 2 to thicken up.
Spread thinly on a bit of baking parchment about 6inch diameter.

Microwave for 2-3 mins until crispy.

You can also add a few other seeds, sunflower, sesame etc and just add the extra carbs, otherwise it’s <1g carb

A very versatile and quick recipe, sometimes I really miss a crunch!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Started the day with coffee in bed. Such luxury!
Took dog out and rushed around then, getting packed lunch ready to take to work, got there only to find it was my turn to work from home!

Lunch was a coronation chicken & salad sandwich made with leftover roast chicken, h/m Mayo with curry powder and Dr Almond bread. DGF cake and more coffee then.
Dinner was steak and eggs with a green salad. 1 glass red. 1DGF cake to follow.
IMG_1612820238.823903.jpg

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 boiled eggs mashed up in a cup with butter. DGF delivery arrived with post so ... 1 Raspberry Bakewell Blondie & 1 Pecan butterscotch Blondie (I couldn't wait to taste these new flavours) and they are use by 10/2/21 - well that's my excuse and I am sticking to it - and only 4 carbs - nice start to the week. All washed down with a mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - salmon done in a chilli marinade with a large side salad AND 1 delicious Notella Blondie with a small dollop of extra thick cream on the side and a little double cream poured over the top (yum). The rest of the Blondies are going in the freezer for another day ...

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Breakfast

Two eggs fried with two slices of cooked ham sourdough toast black coffee

Snack a Peach and some Fetta cheese

Dinner
2 x Beef kebabs pan fried with a toss salad and 4 bean salad dressed with garlicky lemon dressing.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very hectic today so ended up managing another OMAD despite waking up very hungry and thinking would eat I got caught up in sorting stuff caring related. Always easier to fast if you’re busy. Drank black coffee through day to stay warm!
Lamb shank with salads and glass of soda water with dash of dry white wine pudding DGF lemon and blueberry cake with cream followed by decaff coffee with some cream and one LC HM chocolate truffle.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
11:00 a h/m granola bar and 1 piece lc soda bread
12:30 small piece of cheese, 2 cherry tomatoes and 1 h/m granola bar

6:00 h/m bolognaise sauce cooked in the slow cooker with lots of added cabbage. Boys had theirs with spaghetti. I tried adding a couple of eggs to mine 10 mins before serving, wasn't impressed. Cooked OK but didn't add anything to dish taste wise.
1 lc brownie with 3 teaspoons cream and tablespoon ff greek

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done in the continuing OMADs @shelley262 I agree it is a lot easier if you’re busy
@Mrs T 123 those Notella blondies are really good aren’t they? My favourite so far.
Today I had lots of black coffee as usual, didn’t keep me warm though, I just don’t seem to be able to warm up at the minute.
Lunch was the last of the Dr Almond loaf as a ham and mustard sandwich. Massive slabs of butter in it as I couldn’t spread it! DGF blondie to follow.
Dinner was lamb stew I’d prepared in the IP earlier. First time I’ve used the ‘meat/stew’ function. Perfect. I used neck of lamb, onion, carrots, swede and stock made from Sunday’s chicken bones plus herbs and seasonings. Cheese and biscuits ( microwave flaxseed cracker) afterwards. Glass of red.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

The same meal twice today. Not planned, but distracted by my new toy (iPad) dinner almost didn’t happen.
Lunch and a late dinner were both pieces of pork belly strip coated in salt and chilli oil and air fried. Delicious.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and 1/2 packet of coconut bites
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: mushroom, cheese and tomato omelette followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes agree @shelley262 it is easier to do OMAD if you are too busy to eat.

The only DGF's I don't like @DJC3 are the peanut butter ones which I really don't like the taste of - which I am surprised with as I love peanut butter - weird

Brunch - same as yesterday - boiled eggs mashed up in cup with butter. DGFs & mug of earl grey

Dinner - salmon & large salad plus another DGF (I just used up what was leftover from yesterdays - so not exciting but I enjoyed it twice)

Last edited:

Onlinecaroline

Evening Everyone.

Completed another 20 hour fast and I’m going to call today OMAD + (I know I stole this term from someone on this page so thank you!). Had a serving of a Matthesons sausage while cooking dinner.

Dinner - Aubergine Moussaka and a side of broccoli. Will be about 12/13g for everything.

And either 2 squares of Green and Blacks or a DGF brownie if I can get it defrosted, with a cuppa.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, lots of black coffee to start the day here.
Lunch was a 2 egg Emmental and mushroom omelette
Dinner: H/m bacon cheeseburger with salad and a drizzle of olive oil. 1 glass red. A handful of Callebaut 100% chocolate buttons afterwards.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Despite feeling cold a lot today I managed OMAD but may well do two meals for a few days from tomorrow. Busy again so not hungry just cold despite continuous hot weak black coffees!ive been mainly drinking hot water with a small amount of black filter coffee to flavour it so that I don’t drink too much coffee in total. My 10 mugs today were only equivalent to one mug of black filter coffee. Phew - Just one more day of paid work tomorrow for this month.
Spiced pork ribs with salsa, cucumber raita and green salad with glass of soda water with dash of dry white wine followed by DGF cake and yoghurt. Just had decaff coffee with a bit of cream and two hm lc truffles.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - small cheese omlette with tomatoes & garlic on top. 1 DGF Raspberry Bakewell Blondie. Mug of earl grey tea.

Inbetween - 1 highlights hot chocolate with double cream on top (just what I needed after clearing the snow of my car - the snow on the roof must have been around 12" high - my feet were freezing)

Dinner - 3 bratwurst sausages with a little burger relish and grated cheese on top. 1 DGF Pecan Butterscotch Blondie with extra thick double cream on the side and double cream poured over the top.

Sons take-away box arrived and yes ... I had some kebab meat from it ... it is so cold and horrible ...