What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream x 2
Cheese and tomato Omlette
Ham and mixed salad
2 tomatoes
Cream and cocoa 2 teaspoons

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Creamy, cheesy, leeky goodness with shawarma meat (still on offer at my supermarket so I'll keep eating it). :joyful:

1714594987952.png

I forgot my lunch (which is also my breakfast) on the kitchen table today, so 5 hours of work on an empty stomach, very glad my basal is spot on and I don't need to eat from a diabetes point of view!
I finished my workday with a quick swim from the ship I work on, followed by a rush to a supermarket to buy a dried sausage to eat on my way to the gym at 4 PM.
A second swim after the gym, and home for a couple of beers before cooking dinner.

The only thing I dosed for today was the beer and I spent most of my day in the 4's and low 5's, apart from a short rise to the mid 6's from the gym and sausage! :hilarious:

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter, avocado and 4 tiger prawns seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Wild Alaskan salmon fillets baked with calabrese broccoli, chestnut mushrooms, double cream and lemon verbena.
Steamed French beans and mangetout with a knob of butter.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.

D: Seafood salad made with brown shrimps and mussels, lettuce, Romano peppers, celery, baby plum tomatoes, Halkidiki olives and salad onions, with a dollop or two of home-made aioli for dipping, topped with pecan halves.
Water to wash down tablets.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome back @DJC3 you have been missed. Good luck with A1c but you will be fine.
Hi All back from the weekend and catching up on laundry adding to which fine weather encouraged me to wash sheets, towels, anything I could find.
Tuesday usual brekkie of slice LC toast, cooled with thick butter, copious tea.
Lunch was chicken soup and chunk of cheddar.
Supper was mini chilli meatballs with 2oz spaghetti.
Yesterday same brekkie.
Lunch was Red Storm cheese with three small water biscuits. Tea.
Supper was chicken, chorizo, red pepper stir fry with paprika atop cauli rice.
Today same usual brekkie.
Lunch will run into supper and planning three scrambled eggs and three meaty sausages late afternoon. Then driving to the Metropolis to stay o/n with friend and accompany her to important medical appointment tomo morning.
Mr P is away for the weekend so I am planning some of my personal faves. Tbc.

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream x 2
Unsweetened almond milk and coffee
Greek yog x2
Porchetta and tomato
Sliced cheese x 2
Corned Beef

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the welcome home @LivingLightly @MrsA2 and @PenguinMum - I love the sound of Red Storm Cheese, I’ve never heard of it, is it local to you?
Today started with a couple of black coffees
L- prawn salad with avocado and h/m mayo. DGF cookie
D-air fried lamb chops ( from 1/2 lamb in my freezer that came from a small holding just 1 mile away) dollop of my fermented veg and some buttered cabbage. A DGF peanut butter egg and decaf coffee with cream
IMG_1714673671.286080.jpg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 eggs scrambled, half a small avocado
Dancing
L: 2 hard boiled eggs with mayo. A "snack" brownie bar 25g carbs.
Gardening
D: steak with broccoli and green beans topped with butter and grain mustard. A small coffee ice cream.
Now 19:45 and I'm still feeling hungry. Trying to resist...

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: bacon and feta frittata with cauliflower, broccoli and carrots.

2024-05-02 19.12.09.jpeg

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter, avocado and three crevettes seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Walnut and mushroom roast made with onions, eggs and flax 'egg', (customary breadcrumbs omitted) garlic, vegetable stock and rosemary.
Vegetarian brown gravy
Vegetable tray bake using calabrese broccoli, cauliflower, sweet red peppers, leeks and onions.
Carrots cut on the diagonal, onions and apple peel sautéed in butter.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.

D: Seafood salad made with mussels and brown shrimps, lettuce, Romano peppers, celery, baby plum tomatoes, Kalamata olives, flat-leaf parsley and salad onions, with a dollop of home-made aioli for dipping, topped with roasted macadamia nuts..
Water to wash down tablets.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wensleydale cheese, Castello Brie, mild Cheddar cheese, small green olives, Flora Proactiv margarine, raw almonds, raw macadamia nuts, Montezuma Absolute Black chocolate drops, rainbow trout fried in extra virgin olive oil, cos lettuce, pickled gherkin, Hunter Gather avocado oil mayo, French's mustard, cold chicken thigh (bought cooked from Iceland). fresh ground black pepper, Lo-salt.
Aspall's organic apple cider vinegar (in water), cafetière coffee with double cream, Earl Grey tea with double cream.
Meds & supplements (too many).
No exercise, alas.