What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two eggs scrambled in butter with a generous dollop of double cream, sautéed chestnut mushrooms and baby plum tomatoes, all seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Aperitif: dry white wine.
Baked whole sea bass, belly stuffed with sprigs of fennel fronds and garlic, drizzled with olive oil.
Steamed asparagus spears topped with a knob of butter.
Baked calabrese broccoli, cauliflower, leeks, onions, garlic and Romano peppers.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.
Four squares, Montezuma's Absolute Black 100% cocoa chocolate.

D: Salad made with anchovy fillets, eggs, avocado, lettuce, Padrón chillies, salad onions, lemon verbena and a touch of lemon juice, with a dollop of home-made aioli for dipping, topped with pistachios.
Water to wash down tablets.

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Most of the day was spent in airports and planes flying back to our “ winter “ home for a few weeks. I ate omelette and sausage for breakfast and then carried sausages around to snack on during the day. Not ideal but I had left home in a rush and didn’t pack good options.
Once we arrived on the island we went out for delicious local shrimp tacos. As usual most meals come with beans and rice. Thankfully this place happily swap them for a really lovely green salad and also reduce the price which was an unexpected bonus the first time.
Now for a glass of wine and bed to catch up on the sleep missed out on last night.
hope all mothers and those who have been like mothers to others had a lovely day.

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast hm kefir then fried one egg and one slice of bacon with a few baby tomatoes
Lunch kimchi with some cheeses followed by a few strawberries with spoon of hm yoghurt.
Dinner used my last low carb pizza base from freezer ( really enjoyed them and wish had ordered more from the low carb company) and topped with some hm passata, bit of left over chicken, Parma ham, a couple mushrooms sliced and lots of grated vintage cheddar cheese. Served with salad.
IMG_20240513_161022_kindlephoto-224777783.jpg
Just had LC lemon cake and decaffeinated coffee.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@MommaE your shrimp taco meal sounds delicious and what a bonus they gave you a reduction in price for swapping the carbs and salad - they usually charge extra here. Hope you slept well.
B- Handful of walnuts and black coffee
L-still using Eurovision leftovers, cold beef and turkey, salad, olives, guacamole. Moser Roth from Aldi 85% chocolate bar. I bought a few of these at the weekend as I’m terrible with chocolate portion control, these little bars are the perfect size.
D- Turkey curry and cabbage poryial ( stir fried in coconut oil with fresh ginger and spices) Greek yoghurt with berries and seeds to follow.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@sueh21 I’ve used the Las Iguanas Bahian coconut curry spice mix, it’s lovely.

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: chicken Balti curry with cauliflower rice.

2024-05-13 19.19.05.jpeg

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter, avocado and crevettes, all seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Clams with king prawns in white wine sauce with sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, onion, garlic, double cream, rosemary, butter and parmesan cheese.
Braised cavolo nero with garlic and toasted almonds.
Raspberries with full-fat Greek-style yoghurt
Water to drink.

D: Seafood salad made with brown shrimps, mussels, shredded red cabbage, apple peel, celery, thyme and baby plum tomatoes with a dollop of aioli for dipping, topped with roasted macadamia nuts.
Water to wash down tablets.

Last edited:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 1 cold chicken thigh
L: 1 cold chicken thigh, some ham, mayo. Yoghurt and frozen blackberries
D: 2 sausages, broccoli and carrots. 1 small new potato.
1 cc chocolate pot mixed with natural yoghurt

Fridge now empty ready for holiday. Taking cold sausages (instead of airport breakfast), cheese, pork scratchings and a few nut bars. Libre on but not yet activated.

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast was two sausages and an egg during a break in playing pickleball. Trying to get it in early before temps heat up too much.
Lunch was part of my husbands left over from last night chicken sandwich. Followed by long walk as it was normal bread and I try to take as little insulin as possible.
Dinner will be chicken from the grill, broccoli salad and Greek salad. Most likely with a couple glasses of wine. Well it is on sale right now.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone I have surpassed myself this time for MIA.
last week with the warm weather I was out in the garden planting lots all got from different garden centres and nurseries, seeking out good plants and bargains.
Back to Saturday.
Brekkie usual slice LC toast, copious tea.
Lunch was two chunks cheese, Emmenthal and Red Storm, 4 small water biscuits 10g carbs).
Supper was Youngs Jumbo scampi with good squeeze of lemon juice and butterhead lettuce leaves on the side. Preceded by couple of orange gin & soda.
Sunday same usual brekkie.
Lunch two softly scrambled eggs with shavings of Parmesan.
Supper was bbq (first of the year) and Mr P cooked (more than) enough to cover Sunday and cold on Monday. I was a glutton and ate way too much meat with just Butterhead leaves on side. It was so delicious.
Yesterday same brekkie.
Lunch cheese and water biscuits again.
Supper leftover cold bbq meat and local asparagus roaasted.

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Bit of a day.
Coffee and cream
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk
Cottage cheese and tomato
Smoked salmon ended up in the bin again.... all I had left was a keto roll and butter.
I really having trouble getting decent fish right now. Also I do like herrings......a real pain. Waitrose have nice fresh herring but marinated in sugar!

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast ( before heading out to take eldest who I care for to an appointment) hm kefir then fried one slice of bacon and egg on LC toast.
Out all day just had black coffee
Dinner salad with left over roast chicken and cold sausage plus ( not pictured) had some cheese and LC seeded crackers then a couple of strawberries and hm yoghurt.
IMG_20240514_165050_kindlephoto-256783203.jpg

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all!

Fasted 16 hours,

2pm
Small bowl of beef mince with onion, cucumber and tomato garnish
Pork puffs with chicken liver pate (new favourite!)
Glass Kefir

Pork crackling snack

6pm
2 crispy skin chicken legs
2 squares montezuma with orange oil

Coffee with cream x3 (through the day, not all at once!)
Lots of sparkling mineral water - I don't drink except very rarely, so this is my treat

Hope everyone is doing well!

Edit I mean I don't drink alcohol except rarely! I do drink water a lot of course.