What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It looked fine when I cracked it. It's weird, when I make omelettes I can crack three eggs and they all stay intact. But when I try to fry one...
It can happen to any of us @IanBish if the eggshell is thinner than normal.
Do you crack your eggs on the edge of a cup? Have you tried giving the egg a whack on a flat surface instead?

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It looked fine when I cracked it. It's weird, when I make omelettes I can crack three eggs and they all stay intact. But when I try to fry one..
When I was little and that happened to my dad he used to say “: oh, I’ve managed to make a Queen egg”, even though this just meant the yolk was broken we used to all clamour to get the “ queen egg.” Smart or mean?
Brealfast was in a rush so cheese on lc toast
Lunch was grilled shrimp in Marie rose on lc roll with a bit of Greek salad
Dinner will be grilled Mahi Mahi with Brussel sprout salad. And a few glasses of wine.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Friday usual brekkie of slice LC toast, copious tea.
Lunch was I can’t remember, tasty though!!
Supper was cod loin with finely chopped fried mushrooms baked in the oven with half a jar of this M&S sauce which worked a treat and very low carb, served with rice and cauli rice.
Saturday same brekkie.
Lunch was chopped salad.
Supper was Tandoori King Prawn and cauli bhajee.
Sunday usual brekkie.
Lunch was small mixed salad. Biscuit tea.
Evening big bbq at way too much delicious meat and (whisper) one brioche bun with my burger. Leftovers today and will restrain myself.

Attachments

• IMG_2023.jpeg
    IMG_2023.jpeg
    15.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2021.jpeg
    IMG_2021.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 34

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Friday usual brekkie of slice LC toast, copious tea.
Lunch was I can’t remember, tasty though!!
Supper was cod loin with finely chopped fried mushrooms baked in the oven with half a jar of this M&S sauce which worked a treat and very low carb, served with rice and cauli rice.
Saturday same brekkie.
Lunch was chopped salad.
Supper was Tandoori King Prawn and cauli bhajee.
Sunday usual brekkie.
Lunch was small mixed salad. Biscuit tea.
Evening big bbq at way too much delicious meat and (whisper) one brioche bun with my burger. Leftovers today and will restrain myself.

That sauce looks good. I’ll be looking out for it on my next trip to M&S
What do you think of Biscuit tea? It’s really funny you mentioned it as I saw it for the first time today and bought some. I wasn’t keen on it though.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@MommaE I’m going to call a broken yolk a Queen egg from now on, it does make it sound special, rather than an accident.
Today I had Chaffles for breakfast ( 1 egg a spoonful of cream cheese and a couple of handsfull of grated cheese)
Lunch was an egg wrap ( again one egg and a spoonful of cream cheese made into a thin omelette) with beef, salad and horseradish filling. Handful of nuts.
D- leftover l/c lasagne. I used deli chicken slices instead of pasta sheets. It worked well, sauce was just cream and grated cheese. Mixed salad with it.
IMG_1716832577.765775.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went to a Keto Food Festival in London with my daughter yesterday, so food sampling too numerous to list, but enjoyed a spicy chicken low carb pizza from Srsly Low Carb for lunch!

2024-05-26 14.23.20.jpeg

Today’s food:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
Dinner: chicken in creamy mushroom sauce with Mediterranean veggies.

2024-05-27 19.16.01.jpeg

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter, avocado and crevettes, all seasoned with black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Double espresso.

L: Courgetti alla carbonara made with chestnut mushrooms, eggs, double cream, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, butter and spiralised courgettes, topped with extra Parmesan and flat-leaf parsley.
Steamed French beans and mangetout smothered with butter.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.

D: Seafood salad made with brown shrimps, mussels, shredded red cabbage, apple peel, celery, thyme and baby plum tomatoes with a dollop of aioli for dipping, topped with roasted macadamia nuts.
Water to wash down tablets.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very rare for me to cook a proper dinner! This evening I had cottage pie with buttery cauliflower mash. I’m hoping that as I’ve made enough for eight portions that the 2 carrots and the onion I put in it won’t cause too much harm. I’ll find out tomorrow.
IMG_0531.jpeg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Way behind, I had a completely chaotic and wonderful weekend.

On saturday I ate at a party in my cousin's garden: a very good tomato soup with spinach. My cousin's husband had cooked for about 20 people, and he even made a separate pot of the soup with the noodles left out because I was coming!
I hadn't asked, and I only see them once or twice a year, I think it's amazing he remembered how I eat, and confidently made a simple adjustment to have a low carb meal ready for me after a long drive. :joyful:
I had it with a slice of my own LC bread.

On sunday I had a quick and easy meal planned after the long drive back, but one of our neighbours needed us (neighbour Tale and I) urgently for emotional support, and at some point Tale cooked us a meal of rice, green beans, onions and bacon.
Diabetes was a mess that evening, but sometimes there are things more important than decent BG, and eating and talking together definitely was more important yesterday.

Today, the troubled neighbour cooked for us, her teenage children, and a vegetarian friend of ours.
Very nice meal that suited all: a Moroccan dish cooked in a chicken brick (Google insists that this is the right translation for Römertopf :hilarious:): Meat on the bottom, followed by various veggies, and a tomato sauce on top. :hungry:
The two vegetarians scooped from the top, no meat, the builder mainly scooped from the bottom, lots of meat, I scooped everywhere and easily fished out the potato cubes to be left with a perfect low carb meal. :joyful:

Last edited:

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Way behind, I had a completely chaotic and wonderful weekend.

On saturday I ate at a party in my cousin's garden: a very good tomato soup with spinach. My cousin's husband had cooked for about 20 people, and he even made a separate pot of the soup with the noodles left out because I was coming!
I hadn't asked, and I only see them once or twice a year, I think it's amazing he remembered how I eat, and confidently made a simple adjustment to have a low carb meal ready for me after a long drive. :joyful:
I had it with a slice of my own LC bread.

On sunday I had a quick and easy meal planned after the long drive back, but one of our neighbours needed us (neighbour Tale and I) urgently for emotional support, and at some point Tale cooked us a meal of rice, green beans, onions and bacon.
Diabetes was a mess that evening, but sometimes there are things more important than decent BG, and eating and talking together definitely was yesterday.

Today, the troubled neighbour cooked for us, her teenage children, and a vegetarian friend of ours.
Very nice meal that suited all: a Moroccan dish cooked in a chicken brick (Google insists that this is the right translation for Römertopf :hilarious:): Meat on the bottom, followed by various veggies, and a tomato sauce on top. :hungry:
The two vegetarians scooped from the top, no meat, the builder mainly scooped from the bottom, lots of meat, I scooped everywhere and easily fished out the potato cubes to be left with a perfect low carb meal. :joyful:

Carolann@58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Almonds
Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Please remember that this is the 'Low Carb Diet Forum' and that this thread isn't for low carb debates :)
Hi I made a crustless quiche using 6 eggs half a cup of milk, 500gms of cooking bacon 1 onion and a cup of grated cheese feeds 4-6 depending on portion size

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That Moroccan dish sounds wonderfully adaptable and flexible @Antje77. Ingredients in there to suite all preferences.
In English, I'd describe a Römertopf as a clay casserole with a lid, if that helps.

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday Mr. Outlier mentioned that we hadn't had a stir-fry in aaaages, so we gathered some ingredients while on the weekly shop. We had some beef mince in the freezer, so we added spring onions, mushrooms, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, courgette, baby sweetcorn (for him only) and a pack of ready-prepared "crispy stir-fry" vegetables that thank goodness didn't have too much carrot for keto me. All cooked in the wok with olive oil (the extravagance!) and a generous slosh of cider vinegar. Enough to do another today, and luckily neither of us is fussy about having the same food two days running.

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast hm kefir then fried one slice of bacon and an egg
Lunch made use of a gift of dried seaweed sheets and filled them with smoked salmon and kimchi
IMG_20240528_133214_kindlephoto-305610157-2.jpg

Dinner Barnsley lamb chop (shape of this one looks a bit like a crab!) Served with mint chopped in hm yoghurt, green leaves and coleslaw
IMG_20240528_165607_kindlephoto-312659736.jpg